“Happy and Satisfy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe

You added The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe to your Saves list
The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51-57, rue de Courcelles | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #375 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Melbourne
“Happy and Satisfy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed this hotel for 3 nights as part of 21 Day Romantic Seine & Rhone Paris to Barcelona APT tour in June 2013. The room is spacious and well equipped. The front desk staffs are very helpful and housekeeping staff are very attentive. I really enjoyed their breakfast buffet every morning as they have wide choice of delicious cold and hot food available. They also offer free Wi-Fi access to their hotel guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for having posted such a positive feedback on this website.

Your feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff so rest assured we will share your comments with our respective teams and Head of Departments in order to keep on performing this way and make our guests, satisfied and happy guests like you.

Looking forward to welcoming you back with us to our Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris in not so distant future.

Best wishes,

Vandana GUDIVADA

Guest Relations Assistant Manager
Hôtel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Hebrew first
Tehran, Iran
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

When I decided to travel to paris the travel agency purposed three hotel : Novotel in les Halles ,Scrib and Du Collectionneur. Because of the date of flight somehow I prefer to choose Du Collectionneur ,although it was not our first Choice
Since arrival till the last day which are 8 days everything seem good ,the house keeping,clerk behavior ,the hotel location and etc.
But in the check out something odd happend to us that caused to Change our mind about hospitality .At first day of arrival we drank 2 bottles of water that where in the minibar after that we put the bottles of water wich are free or we bought them from the store in the minibar in the same place to keep them cool.

In the check out they counted all 6 bottles that we put them in the minibar and they did not accept my explanation and force me to pay about 50 € for bottles which are free or we bought ourselves .so I had to double pay for bottles ,first in store then in hotel .

My regret is the 5* hotel did not accept its guest explanation and prefer to believe that the guest is lying than accept that may be they made mistake .
They told me that it is electronical and can not do anything for me.
Now I 'm regret that why I didn't choose the other hotels maybe this bad and sad memory of Paris and Parisian didn't happen.

• Stayed August 2013
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Mrs.Mastaneh,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Hotel du Collectionneur and for your constructive feedback about your recent stay with us.

The incident relate has been taken most seriously and was reported to our general manager. We would like to assure you that a proper action plan has been established with our Front Office team in order to ensure this kind of situation does not reoccur in the future.

I am grateful for your feedback and bringing this issue to our attention as you give us a chance to correct the encountered issue.

I sincerely trust that we will find a way for making amends for this less than satisfactory first stay and I do hope that you should have the occasion to return to Paris, you would consider to stay with us again. Please trust that we will seize the opportunity of providing you the quality of service that we are known for.

Arc de Triomphe
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This beautiful French Chateau Hotel in the heart of beautiful Paris was a the perfect location to be at close to lots of major outdoor refine cafes, close to major famous shopping district in Champs De Elyssee and also the hotel is just a 10 minute walk to the famous Arch which is one of Paris landmark in the city and off couse the famous Eiffel Tower which is about a 30 min walk or a 10 min by cab.
The lobby is so inviting with a nice smell of beautiful scented candles around the lobby area, the staff are very friendly, courteous, and professional , and the rooms are the utmost.
They have views all over the city area overlooking different parts of the quaint beautiful town and lovely chateau hotels with small alleys around the area.
It's a great place to stay at the Du Collectionneur and I truly highly recommend this hotel because of the great services received and the perfect location.

Room Tip: The Rooms on the Executive Floors are the best and the rooms were very clean, nice clean bathrooms a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Greg M,

Thank you so much for such nice review posted on this website.

I am so glad to learn that you had a great stay with us. It is a real pleasure to read that you appreciated our hotel in all aspects such as our perfect location and services provided.

I really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back at the Hotel du Collectionneur in the near future. Please feel free to contact the Guest Relations team directly when you wish to visit us again.

Best regards,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My Wife and children aged 10 and 6 stayed here for one night in August on route to Provence. We had a double double room. The room was fine but nothing special. Breakfast was very nice but very expensive at 34 Euros. The general service and helpfulness of the staff was again ok but not of a 5 Star standard. The one thing that completely ruined our night stay was the buliding work that started at 6.45 a.m. The noise was horrendous with very loud drilling and hammering on the floor above our room. The level of noise must have affected everyone in the hotel. After getting to bed rather late the night before after a long drive and trying to squeeze in some sight seeing, being woken up to this at 6.45 is not what you need. I complained at checkout, had an apology and was told that it was vital improvement works. Whilst of course hotles need upgrading and maintaining, what kind of 5 Star hotel management authorise works of this nature to start at 6.45am??

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Nicolas,

First of all we would like to thank you for your precious time to share your review on TripaAdvisor following your recent family stay in Paris.

I sincerely regret to learn that your stay with us was disrupted by construction work which currently taking place behind our hotel, outside of our property.

As a means of explanation only, the construction behind our property is outside of our reach. We had only been informed very late that some deeper and noisy works were to carried out, but the extent of disruption these would cause was not made as clear to us. I am terribly sorry that this has impacted your stay. Rest assured that your comment raised have been duly viewed with our management.

Despite the encountered issues, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you once more and we will do our utmost to ensure that you receive the impeccable hospitality we strive to offer to our guest.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We (myself, my wife and two young daughters) arrived an hour or so before check-in. Staff were very nice and offered to try and have our room ready as soon as possible. Went to the hotel's 'purple bar' with the intention of having a cold drink while we waited, it was a hot day. The prices were so outrageous I was reluctant to buy anything. Fortunately, one of the desk staff arrived with our keys before I caved in and ordered a drink. The room was comfortable, and a good size for a family of four. A small bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates on returning to our room on our second night was a nice touch. Housekeeping was a bit hit and miss. We never had four towels, and on a couple of nights were not provided face washers. A request for two extra pillows and a face washer resulted in one pillow and a shaving kit being provided. This could have been explained by the language barrier I suppose. The credit card hold fee was not removed from my card at the end of our stay and I had to follow the hotel up to have it removed. Overall, a good hotel, but not a great one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nathan,

Thank you for having chosen the Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris for your recent stay and also for posting your constructive feedback on this website.

I sincerely regret that we failed in meeting your expectation during your stay. I shared your feedback to the Heads of concerning departments and rest assured that serious actions have been taken in order to avoid this kind of experience reoccur in the future.

We hope that you accept our sincere apologise and please do not hesitate to contact our service if you wish to visit Paris for another occasion.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for about a week when it was still under Hilton management. There was an excellent promotion in effect that encouraged us to choose this property.

Overall, it was not a bad stay, and frankly -- for Paris -- the room size was completely sufficient; travelers from North America are often surprised at how small standard hotel rooms can be in Europe. The lobby was classy and subdued, and even though we arrived well in advance of the hotel's posted check-in time, management was able to accommodate us with a room within 30 minutes of our arrival (but I would strongly encourage sending an email well in advance to let them know your expected arrival time, and of course, it is never guaranteed).

Downstairs from the lobby is a fairly impressive setting for the hotel's spa, although we never did get around to using it (who has the time when Paris beckons?). Our room was clean and tastefully appointed, both beds and furniture were up-to-date and comfortable. Everything was in working order in the guest bathroom, with good water pressure and plenty of hot water in the shower. No complaints in that department. One stand-out area was the concierge team, who continued to amaze us with their willingness to bend over backwards to give us directions or provide restaurant recommendations. One gentleman at concierge even called different restaurants in Paris to inquire about particular meals and their preparation, I was impressed.

Our room had a view overlooking the courtyard in the center of the hotel, which was better than facing the street; although, I should mention that guests facing the street shouldn't necessarily fret because it's a fairly quiet location with minimal street noise. One area of concern was the air conditioning, which didn't make the room as cool as we would have liked it. Not sure I can blame the hotel for that. Paris isn't really big on air conditioning in the first place, as they don't need it most of the year. That being said, our room window opened to let the outdoor fresh air in, but one word of warning there: other guests have the same idea, so try to use your indoor voice if your window is open.

I can't speak about any of the food/beverage amenities as we ate out every day and night. Again, this is Paris, do try and get out of your hotel to sample genuine French cuisine! My only complaint in the end would be the hotel's location, which isn't the most central. If your time in Paris is short, you need to pick your location carefully, otherwise you'll spend far too much time on the Metro and walking to/from it. The Arc de Triomphe is a good hike from the hotel, and that's where the major metro station is located. Another one is located further up the road on rue de Courcelles, but requires a transfer at Arc de Triomphe anyway, so we just usually walked directly to the Arc de Triomphe station (it is a pleasant walk, however, lined with residences, hotels and embassies). The neighborhood itself doesn't boast a lot of other amenities, few restaurants and no cafes. You definitely spend a lot of time transiting to other areas in Paris when you stay here, which is less of a concern if you have a longer visit; but as much as I hate to say something negative about what was a pretty good stay, if you have a short visit in Paris, I would really stress trying to find a hotel more central to the sights and eateries.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are quieter and afford, well, the view of the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your extensive review of Hotel du Collectionneur on TripAdvisor following your last trip to Paris.

I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for us and it helps us monitor the service we provide.

We are so pleased to read that you enjoy the style, the comfort and the dimensions of our rooms, which are indeed larger than most other accomodations in Paris. I also noted that you were fully satisfied with the professionalisme of our Concierge staff. Rest assured that your review has been shared to our management and the service concerned.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at our property for your next visit to Paris and please do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations team for a further assistance.

Sincerely

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Hotel itself is a very old building with poor structure, but with new heavy doors and very loud elevator. Every time elevator stops - all building shakes. Moreover, there is a gigantic metal overpass over the gutter on the road, in front of the Hotel: every time a car drives over it, it makes this Kaboom blasting noise, echoing all the way under the bridge. + school in adjacent building. The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe is cute from outside, but do not stay over there if you want to have a good night sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
guestrelationshdc, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Iravlas,

Thank you for having chosen Hotel du Collectionneur for your stay in Paris and for having taken the time to post such a constructive review on the website.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with us.
Rest assured that the situation has been duly reviewed with our management and serious actions will soon be taken in order to ensure that the similiar situation does not reoccur in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact our service if you would wish to review your decision to re-visit Paris any time in future.

Arc de Triomphe Paris

Been to The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe? Share your experiences!