“you pay for what you get hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe

You added The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe to your Saves list
The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51-57, rue de Courcelles | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #327 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Antwerp, Belgium
“you pay for what you get hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. It is a big hotel in art deco style. Personel is nice and helpful. The only thing that bothered us in this hotel is the overcharge for anything you want or do. Eg a breakfast : 35 €/p, a cocktail : 20 €/drink, one night parking : 35 €. I can assure you it all adds up very quickly. You can make a cup of tea in your room : only fruit teas are made available. When you ask if they can make some black teas available : "call roomservice"...so you can be charged nicely. I would not advice you here to stay if you are looking for a warm and easy going atmosphere. I told reception I was not so happy about there policy : pay for anything you get : "but this is Paris sir, what do you expect".... nothing much really, I will choose another city next time to spend my money.

Room Tip: You can ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review of our hotel.

I am really glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found our staff professional and helpful. Your feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff so rest assured we will share your comments with our respective teams.

However I regret that you found our rates expensive, but by means of explanation only, they are in line with other hotel similar to ours.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back at the hotel and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any information.

Kind regards,

Edouard Lapasset
The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

With the change in this property I was a little worried before my recent stay. Those worries were quickly dismissed and the property certainly lived up to every bit of the service and quality I had come to expect from Hilton. I personally like this property since it is not on the tourist circuit, but an easy walk to the metro and Champs Elysees. Having a quite hotel kind of nice after a busy day.

As some of the other address the internet issue. I did not have any problems connecting at anytime during my stay. Strong signal and no lag. Everything about the stay was great from start to finish. They have won me over even with the change and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Executive floor will get you access to the lounge and is really a great option for a drink or light...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback posted on this website.

Our guest’s comments are always appreciated as it is a way to evaluate your level of satisfaction and a real motivation for our teams in delivering the best quality of service you can expect.

We are relieved to read that your worries were dismissed while enjoying your stay in the quiet and upscale neighbourhood of our property.
It is also a pleasure to know that you found our Internet connection speed and constant. We will be more than pleased to welcome you back in our beautiful property in a very near future.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've been a loyal client of this hotel- having stayed around 6 or so times in the last couple of years since it has opened. During this most recently stay in November, we learned that the hotel no longer was a Hilton. However, the hotel still honored our Diamond status and upgraded us with lounge access, even though no longer earning points with Hilton, obviously. Still had breakfast included for free in the lounge or first floor, as well as free wifi internet in the executive lounge. They said this would continue at least until the end of the year.

Besides that, you can see that they are making efforts in getting rid of the Hilton logo- sign outside, the key cards are plain white now, but the menus and such still have the Hilton logo. In the executive lounge, it's still the same snacks, drinks, and items as before. For toilettries, it's no longer the standard you find in Hiltons worldwide, but a generic other sort which is comperable, but no hand/body lotion any longer.

On the positive end, the hotel is MUCH more empty than before. Previously, it would be packed full in the lobby and especially chaotic in the executive lounge, where you couldn't find a seat at times. During this last trip, probably a mixture of it being November (even though it's holiday for children in France) and no longer being a Hilton, it was much more relaxing and enjoyable.

This hotel is clearly showing its age, considering it was a very trendy art deco style when it opened, but the people at the front desk said they were making efforts to do some upgrades and refurbishments.

Room Tip: If you're staying at the executive lounge, the closest room (where you can pick up the lounge...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

We thank you very much for your loyalty and your precious time for posting your great opinion about our property.

As you were informed that our hotel's name has been changed and we are still in transition period. As well as you noticed during your stay, we kept some of accesories with Hilton logos on. We are doing our best to change our amenities and some maintenance are under progress to keep the guests stays as comfortable as usual.

We are happy to see that most of our guests as you, are satisfied with our services and comfort that we provide. We are very enthusiastic for our brand new hotel and appreciate your feedback regarding the body lotion to be provided in our restrooms.

We look very much forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in Paris for your next stay.

Yours sincerely,

Rangga Le Moing
Guest Relation
The Hotel du Collectionneur
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it has recently ceased to be a Hilton but still mantains a very elegant charm with superb service by the hotel staff and phenomenal locatoipn. However,the internet provider they now have (can't remember if they always had iBahn) was very frustrating. I logged on and paid with a credit card and then it kept routing me to the payment page. I tried calling the number provided and no one answered and sent an email whihc ws replied to the following morning which told me to call the number i had been calling. I just gave up since I was leaving that day. They did refund the charge but that is not the point- I was on business and was without internet for 24 ours which was really intolerable.

I would also suggest they change their pillows- they don't maintain their form and in the mornning, despite using pretty much every pillow on the bed, it was like sleeping on a pancake.
Still, a very enjoyable hotel with superb service and room service food.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I am extremely concerned to read the details of your stay with us.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location for your business trip and found our staff professional and friendly all over the stay. Your feedback is important and our staff will be happy to learn about it.

Concerning the internet access I am sorry to learn that it didn’t work during your stay and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. For your information, our management is well informed about the situation and knows that it is necessary to have a WIFI access in the entire hotel. Our IT team is working on it and we hope to have the WIFI access in a very near future.

I have well noted your constructive comment regarding the pillows in the rooms and I have immediately informed our housekeeping manager.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe Paris and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance for a future reservation.

Cyndie Berenguier
Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hence my POOR rating.
If you are coming on vacation then imagine I gave this hotel a 4 point rating.

However if you are coming for a business trip stay clear!

THERE IS NO WIFI in the rooms! Only an ethernet cable (so you can only connect a device that has a ethernet port, and no, your Macbook Air does not have one nor does your phone or your iPad). They charge $25/day for this poor internet set up AND the connection is not even good.
This ruined my stay with the former Hilton hotel. How could such a greta hotel forget that in 2012 people need wifi is beyond my understanding.

Apart from that, the room was spacious and very quiet (a major criteria for me), the room service was excellent and the checkin-out staff was efficient.

Room Tip: DO NOT COME HERE if you are on a business trip and have a Macbook Air. There is no WIFI in the rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback posted on this website.

I perfectly understand your frustration regarding the lack of Wifi in all of our rooms as well as the rates practised by our Management. As means of explanation only, we deal with an external Internet supplier to provide a high speed and secure connection for our guests. However I can ensure you this is an ongoing project to make the Wifi available in the coming months.

Your objectivity is highly appreciated and we enjoyed reading that your room, our front desk office staff especially and our room service suited your expectations.
Your comments are very valuable and will help us to improve the high quality of service a guest like you expect from a Hotel with our standards.

We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back really soon in our property and remain at your entire disposal for anything you may need.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Best Hotel at the ideal Location for the family with kids with Warm Service and delicious Breakfast. The rooms are spacious and great view of the Eiffel Tower. The staff are very helpful with their suggestions,route maps and even Indian restaurant which is 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Great Service..We stayed for 2 Nights. We reached in the morning @ 9.30am and the staff was generous enough to provide us with an early Check IN.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors to get a better view. Mr Stephan at the reception was the epitome of Customer...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

The Guest relations team would like to thank you for your very enthusiastic feedback about your recent experience in our property.

May I express how pleased we are to read that your family spent a really pleasant stay with us.
It is always a pleasure to offer our guests an early check in when the Hotel’s availability allows it and we are glad to know you got one of our best Executive plus room facing the Eiffel tower.

We truly hope to deliver your family the same quality of service should you plan to come back in our property in a very near future since we always strive to amaze our guests.

Best regards,

SGF, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here after a Rhine-Mosel river cruise and found the accommodation very satisfactory. The staff in particular was very helpful and professional. The room was amply sized and supplied with proper ammenities. The lobby and courtyard areas were very attractive. My only disappointment was that it was a bit isolated from restaurants and entertainment. Even the Arc de Triomphe - it's namesake - was a bit of a walk but the neighborhood was quiet, attractive and safe.
We never ate at the restaurant or had drinks at the Purple Bar because, though very nice, the prices were ridiculous. There is a small cafe across the street and another a block or so further past for food and drinks al fresco or inside where prices were much more reasonable.
The property is very near Parc Monceau which was a lovely respite from the hustle of Paris. Quite a pleasant stroll with nice features. The Courcelles metro station (Blue Line #2) was a few short blocks away and the station at AdT was accessible for more varied Metro lines. One day we walked Paris for twelve hours to and from the hotel to museums and the Latin Quarter. While glad we did - once - I wouldn't repeat it as it is just too far from the hotel.
On our last day, we checked out and left our luggage with the bell station. It was raining but the hotel provided us umbrellas and we took the metro to Pere Lachaise Cemetery then back to Montmarte at the Anvers metro station where we took the funicular up to the wonderful views of Paris on top from the steps of the Sacre-Coeur Basillica. We had lunch, watched the artists in the Place du Tertre, and took a liesurely stroll back down to the Pigalle metro station and had coffee at a streetside cafe. We then took the metro to the Monceau stop and walked through Parc Monceau back to the hotel. It was a fantastic day and the hotel was perfectly located for such an excursion.
I have no qualms recommending this property for the room quality, staff professionalism, ammenities, peace and quiet but if you are looking for something nearer to the "action" then you might look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear guest,

We thank you for having chosen our hotel during your stay in Paris and taking time to write down your positive comments concerning our excellent services and professionalism of our staff.

Regarding the location of our hotel, we are situated in the heart of city and near some of majors attractions such as Avenue Des Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and Museum Jacquemart-André within walking distance. The Subway is also close to our hotel and it gives our guests more options to get to touristic places in the city of lights.

Concerning Purple Bar and Safran Restaurant, our prices are similiar to any other hotel in the same category in Paris.

We highly appreciated your feedback and are looking forward to welcome you during your next stay in Paris.

Rangga LE MOING
The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc De Triomphe

Been to The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe? Share your experiences!