“Not so good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe

Save Saved
You added The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe to your Saves list
The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51-57, rue de Courcelles | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France   |
Special Rate
Free room upgrade
Ranked #381 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not so good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Clean room large bath tub and separate shower comfortable bed, easy to see tv from bed staff spoke English well, but did not know about up to date info in city on a daily basis, but the Location , it was not centrally located, also our tour guide arranged a transfer taxi to the airport, but the staff claimed they did not know anything about it Lastly, we stayed an extra day and our room card key was deactivated and we had to go back downstairs to get it working again...this happened for all the guests on the tour staying an extra day

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to post such a constructive review on this website.

I have well noted that you enjoyed the layout and the comfort of our rooms and the languages spoken by our staff members.

Concerning your transfer, as you said it was organized by your tour guide, that is the reason we were not informed. I am sorry that information didn’t come through us.

I am glad to know you decided to stay for one more night and for security reason, the system programs your key until your departure day at the check in time, that why you had to come to the front office to re program it.

I really apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I hope to see you back again with us soon so please don't hesitate to contact us at any time for your next visit in Paris.

Guest relations
Hotel du Collectionneur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

World class International hotel with excellent facilities and services.
I arrived at night and was very well received by the staff.
Breakfast was tasty and well presented.
Professional and welcoming personnel.
Beautiful surrounding high class area.
Nice bar with live DJ and nice restaurant, I recommend the fishes.

Room Tip: I recommend the business floor with access to lounge
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the precious time you took to write your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Since we constantly strive to meet our guest's expectations, I am very pleased to learn about your entire satisfaction concerning our service, the selection of the food at the breakfast and the atmosphere of the Purple Bar.

Waiting to welcome you back at the Hotel du Collectionneur, we stay at your disposal if you need any information.

Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was wonderful. We were there for an anniversary and were upgraded, then the hotel sent Champagne and a wonderful dessert to our room as a gift, it was very special and unexpected. The art deco makes the decor interesting, different and very pleasant. We had excellent service throughout, every single person was smiley, warm and polite. Extras did seem expensive and this meant we tended not to buy and so make more of the area.

It is very, very clean and beautiful. The spa was great to unwind after a day's sightseeing. It is very close to the Champs Elysee and Arc de Triomph, which makes it very convenient day and evening. There are lovely extras like an ironing board and iron in room (didn't use it but was good to have);complimentary mineral water; washing line in bathroom (!) and umbrellas by the door for guests to use. Finally, the bed was the best we have, ever slept in. This was a weekend to mark the time my husband and I met as teenagers and this hotel helped make it a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for having posted such a positive feedback on this website.

Your feedback is a great source of motivation for all our staff so rest assured we will share your comments with our respective teams and Head of Departments in order to keep on performing this way and make our guests, satisfied and happy guests like you.

I’m happy to read that you enjoyed the special attention offered from our team concerning your anniversary.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and the facilities of our rooms and the location of the Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back at the hotel and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any information.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The room I stayed was spacious and clean. Breakfast quality was a plus.
The hotel staff was very polite, pleasant and eager to be of service (a rather rare quality for parisian standards...).

The location is ideal for stralling (10min from Champs Elysses), while it is adequately close to Paris' business center, La Defance.

Recommended

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelationsHilton, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review of our hotel.

I am really glad to know that you had a very pleasant stay with us.

Your comments about the comfort of our rooms, the quality of our breakfast and professionalism of our team members are highly appreciated. It is always a pleasure to hear that our valued guests like you go back home having kept a great souvenir of our beautiful property.

I really hope to welcome the opportunity to see you back at The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe in a not very distant future and please don't hesitate to contact me for any future reservations.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

A unforgettable stay in a luxury art deco style hotel a few meters away from the famous Arc de Triomphe !!!
A lovely service justifying the price of that nice etablishment !!!
A really good place to spend some time in the nicest city in the World !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guests,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

I will personally share your feedback to our team who will be glad to know that their efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

I truly hope we could have the opportunity to welcome you back in a not very distant future. Please don't hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The beautiful lobby of the former Hilton is what one would expect of upscale Paris hotel life. Plush seats in the lobby, attentive doormen/porters, beautiful view of the courtyard, lovely chandeliers. While the decor (Art Deco/Oriental fusion?) is not necessarily my taste, many people liked it (Make sure to go down to the lower level and see the magnificent ladies room - huge marble sink in the road, mirrored walls - fantastic!). We were checked in rather quickly. Our room was supposed to have 2 beds but only had one, so a call to reception sorted that out in fairly efficient fashion. However, they had said they would send new keys right up, but never did, so I had go down to reception to get them so we could get on with our day. Others in our group had similar issues with the wrong bed configuration being assigned.

The rooms are generous-sized. My room was on the "back" part of the square, thus had a view of the Eiffel Tower which was quite nice. Unfortunately, there is also a huge construction works immediately behind this area and they start work no later than 7, so may want to avoid this side of the hotel for the next year or so. Mattresses, duvets, and pillow were excellent. Room took a little while to cool off.

Bathrooms were opulent with marble, fluffy robes and towels, Paul Thoms Roth shampoo, conditioner, soaps, and shower gel (holdover from the Hilton brand).Shower was nice.

The lights in the room take a little while to figure out. Trying to turn on just the bathroom light at night took some planning. The master control has to be on, but turning on the bathroom light also turned on the chair and bedside lamp - not what one wants when the other person in the room is sleeping. Ask the porter to explain it.

The big screen tv was nice.

I did not like that a hotel in this price range did not offer at least a basic level of free wi-fi. Adapters are available in the mini-bar for about 9Euro, so make sure you bring your own.

The concierge desk was quite helpful - there are maps available, and they will give you suggestions for restaurants, and directions (and more, I'm sure if you need it).

Similar to the layout of the Prague Hilton, this layout of this hotel can mean a very long walk to the elevators.

It's only about a 7 minute walk to the Arc d'Triomphe. Exiting through the main door, turn left a half block to Ave Hoche, left again and you'll be there in a few minutes. Another left puts you on the Champs Elysee. The Courcelles metro stop is nearby if you continue on rue de Courcelles rather than turning on A. Hoche.

We found a nice little cafe on A Hoche, a couple of blocks toward the Arc, Le Beaucours. Cafe Hoch and the Do Re Mi are also at that intersection. If you turn right on rue Lisbon before you get to A Hoche, you'll find a couple of little bistros - we just could never find them open. We were there on a Sat afternoon through Monday morning, so weekend hours seem to be a bit spotty. Weekdays, there is a patisserie across the street that looked very good.

The breakfast buffet was included with our package and was quite good with an excellent array of choices. Cereals, oatmeal, many toppings, eggs, sausage, bacon, a daily special such as pancakes or french toast, yogurt, cold meats and cheeses, many fruits, etc. The juice was very good and they bring you a full pot of coffee that they leave on the table, which I appreciated.

I wish they could expedite the long line, but they check the room number for each person (understandably). I specifically told them the room number of the people that would be joining me, but they led them to another table a few minutes later, which led to awkward switching around...very minor, however.

Beware of the minibar -we didn't use it but others in our group did and the prices they charge for soft drinks, water, etc, are highway robbery.

This hotel was booked as part of a river cruise package; I'm not sure I would book it on my own - just not sure it's worth the $$. But if that doesn't matter to you and you want a nice hotel in a nice neighborhood, this would surely work.

Room Tip: Major construction works along the back, so might want to check on that before booking a room. Howe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a positive and detail review of our hotel.

I am really glad to know that you had a very pleasant and memorable stay with us and that you found our location very convenient.
Your comments about the comfort of our rooms, the beautiful art decoration of our property and the quality of food are highly appreciated
It is always a pleasure to hear that our valued guests like you find the service of our team members professional and really reactive as it is always a great source of motivation for them.

I truly hope I can have the pleasure to welcome you soon in the City of Lights, Paris, hoping also we will be one more time the hotel of your preference. If that is the case, please, don't hesitate to contact me directly, I will of course be very glad to assist you in anything you may require.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

It's a nice hotel (formerly the Hilton Arc de Triomphe) but given the rates I paid excluded internet access (another $20 for 24 hours) and breakfast (a further $20), I'll be choosing another hotel for my next visit.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having taken the time to write a review of our hotel.

I am really glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and we thank you for having chosen our hotel for your last stay in Paris.
However I regret that you found our rates expensive, but by means of explanation only, they are in line with other hotel similar to ours.
We look forward to welcoming you back with us again sometime soon.

The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe

Been to The Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe? Share your experiences!