Located in the 8th district, surrounded by the Madelaine, Boulevard Malesherbes and Boulevard Haussmann. Walking distance to the Louvre, Printemps, Galleries Lafayette, metro stations, cafes, boulangeries, self-service laundry and Uniprix.
We comfortably stayed 9 nights in June/July 2009 in a superior deluxe room for 3 people. We were originally offered room #16 but the layout and appearance of this room did not agree with us. We asked the front desk for an alternate room and #31 better suited our preferences. (Rooms 21 and 41 are similar to #31).
- Extremely helpful staff led by Eric (the manager) Martin, Yannick et al. They readily provided directions/information on attractions, places to dine, boulangeries, groceries and where to do laundry. Eric also confirmed our flight home for us, attempted to obtain our e-boarding passes and exchanged some of our Euro cheques into cash. Martin arranged for pizza delivery to the hotel.
- Front desk can speak and write in English
- Located on a quiet, safe, one-way street
- Our room was approximately 25m² (large by Paris standards), non-smoking, air conditioned, clean and had a large bathroom
- [Small] LCD television, mini-bar/fridge, sofa for 2, a safe, 2 closets, a dresser and round table
- 1 Queen-sized bed and 1 foldaway single bed (Other equivalent rooms may offer 3 singles instead)
- Slant back bath tub
- Windows can open and you can stick your head out to view the street
- Electric kettle was provided free of charge for room
- Great water pressure and supply of hot water; great shower head
- Quiet air conditioning
- Lots of blankets and sheets
- Reasonably sound-proofed walls and door
- Business Center has internet access and printer
- Able to eat and drink in room (not all Paris hotels allow this)
- Furniture is usable but a little run down (e.g. radiator, round table, TV/mini-bar stand)
- In suite lighting is a bit dated
- No lunch or dinner service in hotel
- Lift supports only 4 people without luggage
- Walls could use new wallpaper or a paint job
- Hotel staff did set-up a 5am wake-up call for us on departure day but the phone did not ring. A staff member did not follow-up on the wake-up call.
- Mattress for queen-sized bed should be replaced. A little too worn.
- No face cloths or tissues supplied in room
- No peep-hole for the room door
For our needs, budget, size and location, this was a good hotel for our vacation to Paris.