“Comfortable Stay in Room #31” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Concortel

Save Saved
You added Hotel Concortel to your Saves list
Hotel Concortel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 - 21 rue Pasquier | 08 Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #322 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Toronto
“Comfortable Stay in Room #31”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

Located in the 8th district, surrounded by the Madelaine, Boulevard Malesherbes and Boulevard Haussmann. Walking distance to the Louvre, Printemps, Galleries Lafayette, metro stations, cafes, boulangeries, self-service laundry and Uniprix.

We comfortably stayed 9 nights in June/July 2009 in a superior deluxe room for 3 people. We were originally offered room #16 but the layout and appearance of this room did not agree with us. We asked the front desk for an alternate room and #31 better suited our preferences. (Rooms 21 and 41 are similar to #31).

Pros
- Extremely helpful staff led by Eric (the manager) Martin, Yannick et al. They readily provided directions/information on attractions, places to dine, boulangeries, groceries and where to do laundry. Eric also confirmed our flight home for us, attempted to obtain our e-boarding passes and exchanged some of our Euro cheques into cash. Martin arranged for pizza delivery to the hotel.
- Front desk can speak and write in English
- Located on a quiet, safe, one-way street
- Our room was approximately 25m² (large by Paris standards), non-smoking, air conditioned, clean and had a large bathroom
- [Small] LCD television, mini-bar/fridge, sofa for 2, a safe, 2 closets, a dresser and round table
- 1 Queen-sized bed and 1 foldaway single bed (Other equivalent rooms may offer 3 singles instead)
- Slant back bath tub
- Windows can open and you can stick your head out to view the street
- Electric kettle was provided free of charge for room
- Great water pressure and supply of hot water; great shower head
- Quiet air conditioning
- Lots of blankets and sheets
- Reasonably sound-proofed walls and door
- Business Center has internet access and printer
- Able to eat and drink in room (not all Paris hotels allow this)

Neutral
- Furniture is usable but a little run down (e.g. radiator, round table, TV/mini-bar stand)
- In suite lighting is a bit dated
- No lunch or dinner service in hotel
- Lift supports only 4 people without luggage
- Walls could use new wallpaper or a paint job

Cons
- Hotel staff did set-up a 5am wake-up call for us on departure day but the phone did not ring. A staff member did not follow-up on the wake-up call.
- Mattress for queen-sized bed should be replaced. A little too worn.
- No face cloths or tissues supplied in room
- No peep-hole for the room door

For our needs, budget, size and location, this was a good hotel for our vacation to Paris.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Jerusalem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2009

as a fan of paris and its amazing atmosphere, i always go to one hotel who makes my stay in paris more comfortable.
hotel concortel located near la madelaine and opera is in the center of things, but on a very quiet street. as a small hotel, the service is unique, the breakfast is yummy ans the staff is always polite and smily.
its no wonder i come back everytime. its hard to find a good hotel these days, believe me, i travelled around the world. hotel concortel is the best choice for a nice relaxing stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Athens
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

I stayed at the hotel during my visit to Paris with my girlfriend for 5 days (12/29-1/3), after we had booked a Deluxe Superior Room through the hotel website. We chose the 3 nights package in order to take advantage of the hotel's offer.
That was probably our mistake because, in the end, I could call the specific room (No. 1, which was on the ground floor) overpriced for the total experience that we had.
I don't want to be misunderstood, the room was exactly as outlined in the website, but nothing like the photos and there were small details, such as dust on the nightstands, worn out furniture and carpet, uneven floor, cold toilet room (it was separate from the bathroom) that gave us the feeling that it was less than "deluxe".
Now, before leaving the hotel we didn't really give much thought into these details and I was willing to overlook everything and write a more positive review about the hotel, but the experience that we had on our departure day made me write down all the aforementioned.
On the day that we arrived at the hotel, we were asked by the receptionist whether we would like to be transferred to the airport on our departure day by a shuttle bus for 34 Euros. We accepted since we knew that Taxis cost more than that (3rd time visiting Paris). The receptionist asked for 14 Euro as a downpayment and the rest would be paid directly to the driver. On the receipt, he wrote that the price was 36 but he told us that we shouldn't mind that. On the day that we were checking out, the same receptionist told us that they had changed the shuttle bus company that was working with them and had to give us a different receipt but assured us that the price was the same. Having no problem with that, we were picked up and transferred to the airport. However, once we arrived there the driver asked us for 24 Euro and not 20 as was promised. When I told him that the hotel had told us a different price, he locked my girlfriend's suitcase in the bus so that we wouldn't leave and demanded the 4 more Euros. After some "intense" talking, we paid him the extra money and we got the bag back. I, then, called the hotel back, told them the whole incident and that we were treated like thieves and all I got back was a hurried I-am-hanging-up-the-phone response from the receptionist "It was my mistake, thank you and we hope to see you again".
All that, will definitely make me think twice whether they will "see me again".

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

I have been remiss in writing a review of the Concortel. My wife and I stayed there 6 months ago and enjoyed it very much. However, beware of your bookings. We originally reserved a standard superior room, which sounded quite reasonable. However, after we checked in and got to our room, we were dismayed by the small size and overall quality. After sitting in the room and contemplating for 5 minutes, we marched back and paid to be upgraded to a deluxe room. Fortunately one was available or our trip would have been diminished. The standard superior rooms are fine for a single traveler for a night or two, but not for a couple on vacation for five nights. I would recommend the Concortel, but only for a deluxe upgraded room. Eric, the person at the desk for the majority of our stay was exceptionally helpful, pleasant, and friendly. All the staff was very accommodating and bilingual. The hotel is nice and the location good and we would recommend it, but only with an upgraded room.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — good stay overall
  • Stayed May 2008
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

Stayed there many years ago for its location. Needed to be in the same area of Paris again, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a new room, renovated with style and good taste. I was lucky to get a large room, was worried that the room was on the first floor, but the double glazed windows work wonders! not a single sound from the street! Bathroom is very stylish, black stone and white appliances, loved it!

Even if the staff has changed over the years, the management remain the same, meaning the owners of the hotel. Very welcoming and helpful people, they are here from morning until evening, always someone around to help you and recommend the latest places to eat and chill out. And trust me, due to its location, there are plenty of these places around the hotel, say within 10-15 minutes walk which is always a pleasure in Paris.

Found as well that the hotel is still reasonably priced compared to some of the surrounding hotels. Internet works perfectly and breakfast quality is very good, simple, very fresh, just the way i like it! Don't expect a full spread buffet there, its' a la carte, served to your table by a friendly staff.

Will definitely be back! And trust me, staying in Paris in one of these independent hotel makes you re-discover the charms of the French hospitality that many large chain hotels have forgotten...

• Liked — The room newly refurbished
  • Disliked — Cannot park car in front of the hotel, until very late at night
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

My wife and I just returned from a fabulous trip to Paris. Hotel Concotel made for an excellent stay. For starters, the staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating. The room was just what we were looking for. It has been updated recently with a modern touch and was very clean. The best thing about the hotel was the location. Right in the heart of Paris and we were able to walk to many attractions. The only negative with our stay was that during breakfast at the hotel we were offered yogurt, eggs, fruit, etc. without telling us all these items were all in addition to the breakfast price that included the coffee and bread. I had a bit of sticker shock at check out. Overall, we had a wonderful time in Paris and will definitely stay here again one day.

• Liked — Wonderful staff and great location
  • Disliked — Additional charges for breakfast times without letting us know
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

I echo the review of "good but not great." Mind you, the place was clean and nothing creeps me out more than a dingy hotel. But, it seems there may be a big difference between the standard and superior or whatever is above the small double room. If I had to stay here again, I'd live and probably live a decent life. If I could, I would try to book elsewhere due to the fact that I could hear our neighbor roll the toilet paper, the toilet was in a small corner what seemed to be almost like a tiny closet, the rooms creaked at every move (I'm sorry if you stayed beneath us), and I almost couldn't even do a downward dog yoga pose if I tried since I could almost hit the front and back wall of the room at the same time (and I'm not very tall). So, I think 4.5 out of 5 is overrated. I'd say more like a 3.5/ 4 (see how much I value clean??) The night dude at the front desk could use a personality.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Concortel? Share your experiences!