“Average Hostel - very clean.” 3 of 5 stars

Woodstock Hostel
48 Rue Rodier, 75009 Paris, France (Opera / Bourse)   |
Ranked #58 of 128 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Average Hostel - very clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hostel was OK -- It was clean, good breakfast and helpful staff. The rooms were cramped and the en-suit bathroom was really tiny. It had a small sink and an even smaller shower. It was hard to shower and get ready without waking everyone up. We spent most of the time exploring the city, but the time we did spend at the hostel was OK. I'd only recommend to non-family travelers. This isn't a place you want young kids sleeping -- lots of 20 year olds traveling so they were hanging out in the courtyard a lot.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Turkish first
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The price was relatively good as it was under 50 Euros per person, but I wish I'd forked out a few extra Euros to stay in a hotel. The description said "bathroom en suite" but that was false--we just had a tiny sink and mirror. The toilet was in a separate closet for the floor to share--I'd guess at least 20 people per floor--and there's a shower room with another tiny sink with a broken faucet. The beds weren't uncomfortable but there were stains on the sheets. There was definitely a party going on all night even though there's a 2am curfew. I had my iPod headphones on, but it was so loud out that I didn't notice someone banging on my door for a while--apparently we'd accidentally locked our roomies out. So basically I would never stay there again nor would I recommend it to anyone who likes sleeping at night.

• Stayed July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

As far as hostels go, this is a best bet. We were split a room for 6 and shared with some cool folks---much better than I can say about the first hostel we stayed in Paris. The front staff was very chill and easy going, made it enjoyable to stay. Didn't care for the breakfast but didn't intend to eat there anyway, so I didn't mind the basic options. I'll take whatever I can get when I budget travel so I don't care much to review the quality of a free bread basket ;) The design is really cute and overall it was probably my more pleasant hostel experience in Paris. Cheers.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Average hostel. Shared room of 6 with 4 strangers, who were good so it was fine. Decent location near metro, but nothing excel Sacre Couer is within walking distance. Not a good breakfast

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We had to share the room with 6 more people. This is a nice way to get to know new people. The showers were fine too. The only sad thing us that there is not enough place for your bagage and that the front door closes around midnight. The people who work there are very relaxed btw!

• Stayed July 2011
Ashland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

After reading a ton of reviews I was pretty nervous to stay here, but it was great! Yea there are stairs to climb and some of the guests are noisy, but for what you pay, it is really a very nice place to stay. The front desk people are very nice and helpful, and they even have a cat! It's clean and safe. I stayed here for 2 weeks total. I guess some reviewers were just expecting a hotel? Twerps.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Good customer service, they all speak English well, pretty clean, good breakfast, not enough bathrooms in my opinion, and I prefer same sex rooms but this is not available here. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Woodstock Hostel? Share your experiences!