“You can't beat the location for the rate” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Printemps to your Saves list
Hotel Printemps
31 Rue Commerce in the 15th, Paris, France   |
Ranked #1,455 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
“You can't beat the location for the rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My fiancé and I were expecting the basic facilities as I had stayed there previously with my family so knew the drill. We were perfectly happy with the room, we had a double with ensuite and found the location to be the winner for us. Close to metro, close to Eiffel tower and the street is quaint and great for shopping with sweet bakeries too. If the rooms were done up we would have seriously paid a higher rate to stay here...such potential!!!! We were initially shown to a twin room with shared bath room, which I had not booked. This room on the other hand I would not pay for! Too basic and minute. The cleaners make a hell of a noise every morning which annoyed us! Nicole was very friendly and we overall really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Wrocław
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stay coupel times at Printemps Hotel. And so:
Positives: -Very close to the Eiffel Tower (10-15 minutes walk) , metro and bus stop. -room were clean, no bugs -staff at reception is very helpful ( you can leave bags if you got later fly) -good price

Negatives: - For sure stairs, lots of stairs, narow hall -bathroom on the hall was not so clean

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel about 15 years ago. It was clean, small, and well-located. It is still clean, small, and well-located. However, even though the plumbing has obviously been updated, our toilet wouldn't work the first day and began leaking on to the floor the second. I found the owner to be surly (not like the people who ran it before). And the day before we left, a pair of my black slacks went missing. They were hanging in the closet in the morning and gone when we returned. If I added the price of the pants to the price of the room, I could have stayed somewhere nicer. DON'T GO THERE.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

Great location - only a 10 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower, clean rooms, friendly, helpful staff, great price. A no frills hotel for those of us who just need a place to sleep.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

I stayed at Hotel Printemps for 6 nights and I have to say it was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at; however, I do believe that my negative experience was not entirely the fault of the hotel itself, but partly due to the fact that I had a bad room and annoying neighbours.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm used to staying in budget hotels, and I usually love them because you don't pay for stupid frills that you don't want or need, but Hotel Printemps was pretty much a dump, and I'm NOT a picky person. I'll list the positives and the negatives of the place:

Positives:
- Location. Really close to two different metro stations, a 10 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower, walking distance to sights such as the Catacombes, Cimetiere du Montparnasse and the Jardin du Luxembourg. Lots of shops and cafes on rue Commerce, grocery store, fruit and vegetable stand, bakeries and cheese shops which was really convenient. Plus the location was really safe and always busy and well-lit so I always felt safe.
-The hotel was kept relatively clean (aside from the communal toilet and shower which I will get to), but there is much room for improvement. However, there were no roaches, rodents or bed bugs which is VERY important when searching out budget accommodations so that is a huge point for Hotel Printemps.
- Nicole at the front desk is very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. She speaks english really well and was really helpful in answering all of my questions and she also helped us set up a shuttle to the airport at the last minute. The evening and weekend staff were a bit useless - just very disinterested in their guests, didn't say much or even really smile at you when you came in.
- Hours. The hours reception maintains are very good. They are open until 2:30am and they open back up at 6:30am. Sure I guess for some it sucks to have to be back at the hotel by 2:30am, but I thought it was pretty reasonable and I never stay out that late anyway.

Negatives:
- Our room sucked!!!!!! We stayed in room #32. Horrible, horrible, horrible! The bed was so unbelievably uncomfortable it actually made parts of my body go numb. If I lay on my stomach it made my entire back ache within seconds, if i lay on my back or my side my arms, legs and shoulders would fall asleep and tingle while the rest of my body ached! It was so strange...I've never slept on a bed that oddly uncomfortable in my life. Our room was also right next to the communal toilet....the toilet was pretty much IN our room with a VERY thin wall in between! I heard people pee, poo, hork up mucus and at one point vomit all day and night long. The smells would waft into our room on top of being able to hear everyone elses disgusting bodily functions too. The walls were so thin in this hotel that I never slept an entire night through the whole time I was there....there was one night I was up for 4 hours in the middle of the night because I could hear the man in the room next to me snoring.
- Cleanliness of the washrooms. The cleanliness of the place left something to be desired. Sure the room was made up each day, garbage emptied and bed made, but the stuff that really mattered was shabbily maintained. The communal washroom was not cleaned NEARLY enough for the amount it was used. It was cleaned once a day as far as I could tell, and even then I'm not sure how much was actually done because it constantly smelled like urine. There would be poop stains in the toilet bowl for an entire day. So disgusting. The shower started out pretty clean when I first got there, but just kept getting filthier. It didn't seem like much was being done to clean the shower room. The drain was always clogged with bits of soap and hair, and by the end of my shower I'd be up to my ankles in water because it wasn't draining at all. Yuck.
- Stairs. I didn't mind the stairs and actually thought the staircase had charm, but it's not suitable and/or accessible for those with disabilities, the elderly or those with difficulty carrying heavy luggage up and down stairs.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel BUT it's not a complete nightmare and for 40 euros per night it's a fine place for people who are extremely easygoing and just need a place to crash. Just pray you don't get room 32.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

The Good: A value for money hotel. Hotel Printemps is conveniently located in the busy street of Rue du Commerce, with numerous restaurants & shops. It is situated within 3 minutes walking distance to the major interchange Metro station of Avenue La Motte-Piquet Grenelle. As busy as the outside streets might be, the interior of the hotel is quiet & cosy. The staffs are friendly too.
Because there are lots of people on the streets, it was pretty safe even when coming back at night to the hotel.
The rooms (we stayed in a Double room with attached WC & shower) are pretty basic with little designs. However, it is pretty decent and clean for the price (50 Euros).

The Not-So-Good stuff: The stairs and corridors are abit dim and narrow and is a problem for people with huge luggage, especially if you are staying on the higher floors.
Our Double room is the one next to the stairs and it was pretty noisy in the morning or at night when people walked about along the stairs and corridors, due to the creaking sounds of the wooden floors.
Because we wanted to go on a 2-days trip to Mont St Michel, we asked one of the lady staff (think she is the manager) whether we could leave our heavy luggages in the hotel just over the night since we are returning the next day. She was a bit reluctant and even told us that we should have traveled light (How can we travelled light when we are traveling in France for 21 days & came half the globe around with all the thick winter jackets & souvenirs to buy home for our family and friends?) In the end, she was willing to let us leave our luggages overnight and we are very grateful to her for that.

Overall, Hotel Printemps is a nice value-for-money hotel which is very convenient. We stayed there for a total of 8 nights.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
france
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

we stayed here the first time a few years ago when we had nowhere booked and others were full, I knew it wasn't going to be anything special but god ...what a location, the room was quiet and clean just what you need when spending all day out and not too bothered about the aesthetics of the room. We have stayed numerous times since, not for the luxury loving but I could not advise anywhere better for the location, bars, restaurants the sights....

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — needs refurbished
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Printemps? Share your experiences!