“Great ambience and value” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   72 rue Turbigo, 75003 Paris, France   |
Ranked #338 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Santa Clarita, California
“Great ambience and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We picked this hotel after extensively comparing different options and were quite pleased with our choice. This hotel was very charming, with red painted walls, steep spiral staircase, and a Victorian feel. I really like the waiting area in the lobby, even though I rarely took the time to spend down there (was in our room most of the time at the hotel). Hotel staff are friendly enough and speak English.

The lift is tiny but modern and seemingly well kept - a couple can fit into it but may need to go up separately when you have your luggage. The hotel wasn't crowded, in fact I only saw other guests a handful of times over 5 days. The room itself was comfortable and fairly spacious. There wasn't really a shower in the room, but rather a tub with a spray nozzle, so we ended up washing while seated which was different for us but not a problem overall. There wasn't a safe for valuables but we didn't have any problems with theft. Wifi code given at check-in.

Location was perfect for our taste - you do not find yourself right in the midst of any of the major tourist attractions, so you take a bit of a walk to get to the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Arc du Triomphe, etc but because of that you aren't run down by tourists the second you exit the lobby. From the train station, you can easily get to the hotel by taking Metro to Republique station. Temple station is technically closer, but take note that fewer lines go to Temple and we ended up waiting a long time on the platform for the transfer to the right line and having to crowd onto the train, when we could have more easily gone straight to Republique and walked an easy 5 min over to the hotel.

The Republique area surrounding this hotel is pretty cool, and we ended up taking about half of our meals in different neighborhoods within short walking distance including all important breakfast and coffee! A favorite was Le Barav, a fantastic late night dinner choice about 5-10 mins walk away with super nice staff and a fabulous selection of wine and charcuterie plates. But overall, you are within close walking distance to some great stuff, and either a healthy walk or easy Metro ride to the many other things that the rest of Paris has to offer. We'll definitely stay here again next time we are in Paris!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Cancun
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I was thinking of a hotel in paris I first thought of those recomended for the travel agencies, and the problem of this hotels is that they are so far from the city and commuting takes time so I decided to try this hotel Paris France at Paris France, its location is superb near everything or short trip by metro walking distance from cafes and restaurants and I got a room with a nice view. The staff is really friendly and I don't speak french very well but I wanted to eat at a good restaurant and helped me to make a reservation, I just showed up and they were waiting for me
The rooms are small but comfy and the petite dejaneur is really petite but nice

Room Tip: Rooms at the highest levels are quiet and have a nice parisien view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall Impression:
I very thoroughly researched hotels before deciding to stay at Hotel Paris France in March/April, 2015 for 9 nights, and I was very happy with my experience. Hotel Paris France is a convenient, safe, friendly, budget hotel option that I would highly recommend to friends, family, and colleagues.

Before my stay:
I emailed the hotel with several requests. Hervé responded quickly and professionally. He also arranged my private shuttle from CDG to the hotel. The driver and car were friendly, professional, and prompt.

Location:
The Hotel Paris France is conveniently located in the north part of the Marais, very near Republic Metro. There are 3 very close Metro stations: Temple (a very short block/1 minute walk), Republic (2 blocks/3 minute walk), and Arts et Métiers (4 blocks 5-6 minute walk).

The Hotel:
The Hotel Paris France is a 2 star hotel. Reception is open 24 hours, and they will store your luggage if your room isn’t ready when you arrive, or after you check-out. The Lobby is comfortable and very clean. There is new but very small elevator (it goes up to the 7th floor; if you stay on the 8th floor, you’ll have to walk-up one flight of stairs) that holds two people and minimal luggage. You will leave your room key at reception when you leave the hotel. In my experience, this is common in Europe, and I was comfortable doing so. Chrystal was on reception my entire 9 night stay. She is very polite, friendly, professional, and spoke perfect English. Check-in was quick, and all of my pre-stay requests were responded to and provided. Chrystal recommended several restaurants in the area, and arranged for my private transfer back to the airport.

There is a “bar” on the lobby, but I never saw anyone in there, nor a bartender. There was a computer to use to check-in online and print boarding passes (I did not use it, but did see it, and Chrystal offered its use).

The night reception staff were less friendly, but professional; and their English was limited.

The hotel is next to a church, and church bells toll every 15 minutes between about 9am to 9pm.

The Room:
I stayed in a single room, #80 on the top floor, which had a view of the Eiffel Tower in the distance. It appears the hotel was recently renovated. My room was extremely clean. Upon arrival it is my habit to use a sanitizing wipe to disinfect the door knobs, light switches, telephone, and tv remote. Usually the wipe is filthy, but after wiping down the whole room, it was spotless. I have never experienced a hotel room this this clean. I ran into a few of the housekeeping staff who again, were very professional and polite, and obviously amazing at their jobs.

My room had been recently renovated, non-smoking (upon arrival in my room I had briefly smelled a cigarette smoke smell, but it may have been on my clothes, because I quickly dissipated), had heating/air conditioning (I used the heat, and it was very easy to use – set the temperature and hit the “on” button), a flat screen tv (which I never used), and free Wifi (it mostly worked well, except one evening; I simply asked at reception and they re-booted the system, and all was well).

Room #80 was oddly shaped in the gables of the building, but it was very comfortable for one person. The bathroom was very small and had a shower. They supply soap only, but I was aware of this from reading the adds, and simply brought my own supplies. There were 2 single beds in the room (one a cot-type), each with two pillows and a duvet (sheets/covers were white and very clean).

Overall room #80 was amazing, but the building is very old, and the walls a little thin. Fellow guests at the hotel were generally quiet, but I slept with ear plugs, so really, thin walls were of no issue.

Food:
The breakfast was served in the basement. The room was bright and cheerful, and the hotel was very friendly. The cost was 6 Euro, and there was coffee/tea, orange juice, bread and croissant with jam and butter. I thought this was a good deal. It was the best price for a hotel breakfast that I saw in my research. One morning I got a café au lait and croissant to go from a nearby baker, and the cost was 4.20 Euro. I think for the extra cost, convenience, and additional and unlimited coffee/juice/food, the breakfast is a great deal.

Here are some restaurants within 5 minutes of hotel with good food and service, which I would recommend:
• Absinthe Café
• Cote Sushi (across the street from the hotel – I got take-out a few evenings and the food was reasonably good)
• Au File Des Seasons
• Le Barav

I highly recommend NOT going to La Tour Du Temple, which is behind the hotel on rue
du Temple. The restaurant is smoky inside, service and food were unremarkable.

Room Tip: Room #80 on the top floor had an amazing view, including the Eiffel Tower!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've been very happy staying with my friends at Paris Hotel, rooms are nice and personnel is polite.
The beds are very comfortable but in our room the heating was pretty weak.
I'd suggest this place to everybody cause prices are in line with the quality of the service.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Interesting hotel near the Effiel tower. We had a small clean, well decorated, room with pleasant service. nice breakfast buffet included with our room. Very close to the Passy metro so transportation gets you everywhere or UBERing works well too.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Great hair salon next door. Great small cafe at one end of the street and another at the other end for late night snacks and drinks.
Free wifi, free bottled water which should always be included. No night turned down service. Very spacious and delightful lobby where breakfast is served and cocktails served in the evening.

Room Tip: Do ask for a balcony
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Our family of four arrived in Paris on Christmas Day 2014 and made our way to this hotel. We were super early, so found a restaurant for lunch while they readied our room. (The hotel stored our luggage while they got our room ready and also stored our things on the day we checked out since we had a later flight. We felt very secure leaving our things, as their front desk always had one or two employees there and security cameras everywhere.) This was the perfect family hotel! The room was spacious by Paris standards, updated, clean and smoke-free. There were clean white duvets on the beds and a flat screen TV, as well as a computer to access in the lobby and free WIFI. There is a spiral type staircase leading to all the rooms, with a little glass lift (elevator) in the middle in case you cannot do the stairs or wish to not carry your luggage up the stairs. This came in very handy, as a member of our travel group had trouble walking. I wish I had written down all of the employees names, but it doesn't really matter, because all of the employees were excellent! All of the front desk staff, cleaning staff we encountered and breakfast area staff were kind, polite and helpful for us non-French speakers! I don't know why this isn't rated a 5 star. For what you get for the price, it's a five star. The location is amazing. I think it took us 5 minutes or less to walk to the Republique Metro Station. There was another Metro station that was only 2 minutes away, but we didn't use that line. Our room was on the church side and we loved that! I think the last bell tolled at 9 or 10 PM so it did not keep us awake. We originally chose this hotel for the great reviews and the fact that we could accommodate our family of four in one room and not break the bank. It was a little cramped with all our luggage and winter jackets, but cozily so! The bathroom was fantastic! Super clean, with a very long and deep tub and detachable shower head! We brought our own washcloth and toiletries, as they are not provided. (Only bath towels and bar soap are available.) We learned that on our first trip to Paris a few years back. The breakfast is definitely worth it and here's why: The last thing you want to do every morning with tired, starving kids is go looking for food (although there is a bakery about 4 minutes away, right before you run into the Republique Metro Station, however not open on Christmas!). The hotel served unlimited croissants and a baguette style bread every morning with your choice of butter, apricot, strawberry, and cherry jelly to chose from. There was also orange juice and a machine where you could get hot water for tea, have coffee, hot chocolate, espresso, etc. This was the same everyday. We thought we'd be hungry afterwards, but were surprised this kept us going strong until lunch. It was so nice to go down to the breakfast room, relax and plan the day with our bread and drinks (and for some in our travel party this was a great time to take all their medications), then head back up to our room to get ready before leaving for the day. It was a relaxing way to start every day and worth the nominal fee, since it was unlimited! Next time, I may bring my own tea bags and perhaps some instant oatmeal or single serve almond butter to add to this breakfast. We definitely plan on returning to this hotel the next time we are fortunate enough to visit Paris. It was perfect and I am so glad we found our go-to hotel for Paris and don't have to do any research next time! Thank you to all of the employees for making this such a great experience for our family and for being so kind and helpful. We felt at home and very safe at your hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: We loved our room on the church side, second floor!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

I've spent my past three vacations in Paris at this hotel, in 2011, 2012 and 2014. All three stays have been very good. The hotel have single rooms for a great price, which I appreciate, as I like to travel alone. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, reception and Breakfast/cleaning staff alike, and most speak English (at least reception does). The rooms are small, but clean. The walls are somewhat thin. I have no problems with this, and it seems to be the standard for French hotels in old buildings.

The location is great, in the upper 3rd arr, away from touristy masses, but right next to a metro stop, a beautiful church and a big Monoprix. You're never really far away from anything.
I just booked my next stay for september 2015 and couldn't imagine staying anywhere else while in Paris.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Paris France Hotel? Share your experiences!