“Inspired Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #252 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Workington, United Kingdom
“Inspired Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights with my wife. Hotel was chosen after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and ultimately the price. I agree with the excellent/very good reviews. Good location(approx.100 metres from Temple station),very clean, well maintained, value for money. No tea/coffee making facilities or toiletries in the bathroom but it is a 2 star. Breakfast isn't extensive(croissant, bread roll, orange juice, preserves and hot beverage's) but is still good value for 6 euro per person. (believe me 6 euro does not go far on food and drinks in Paris). The person who runs the breakfast is a pleasant bloke who offers more food if you require it .All the staff were very pleasant with English spoken widely. Our room was on the seventh floor which had a nice view across the roof tops of Paris (seriously!) and a half decent view of the Eiffel Tower. It was served by a small lift(only had a capacity for three people). Only negative, the walls are a little thin. Overall very good hotel for the price and I would certainly stay again on a return trip to Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the seventh floor front of hotel for a good view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christelle C, Responsable réception at Paris France Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am truly thrilled to read how much you appreciate the location of the hotel and our rooms and to see your nice pictures.

624 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We (me and my husband) stayed there for 3 nights last September. We stayed in a double superior room, in the higher floor (7th). The hotel was very basic, but comfortable. Nice bed and bathroom (very spacious and with a bathtub, but I think only some rooms in the 7th floor have this configuration. We also had a small table with a chair and a small wardrobe, very simple. There was no minibar, but the Wi-Fi was free and very good. The only issue we found was about the climate control inside the room. There’s an individual control in the wall, but we weren’t able to set it in the temperature we wanted, the temperature was the same for the entire hotel. The days we spent were cold, and the temperature inside the room was nice (but my husband wanted the room to be cooler). I don’t know if this changes in the summer, but it could be an issue in warm days (the hotel is in a busy street, and leaving the window opened implicates in a lot of noise).

With the windows closed the room was very quiet (but we we’re able to hear when people we’re walking in the corridor (our room was in the top floor, so we hadn’t anyone above us, and this wasn’t an issue). There’s a church beside the hotels, and the bell rings various times (but only during the day, so it was not an issue).

The building is old, as the others in Paris, but there’s an elevator. It is very small (for 3 slim people without luggage and backpacks) and slow, but it seemed to be new. The staff was friendly - we bought some wine bottles and had then delivered at the hotel, and the staff was very nice receiving it when we weren't there (and even putting it in our room).

The region was nice, near the Metro, with stores, boulangeries and restaurants nearby. But it’s not the best location to stay in Paris (it was our second time in the city – the first we stayed in the Marais region, much more convenient and pleasant).

We paid 130 euros/night. A lot of hotels in Paris we’re already fully booked for the dates we needed when we made the reservation (2 months before the trip). It was a good value for Paris - where accommodation is very expensive (For comparison, we paid the exact same amount for Movempick Amsterdam City Center also in September 2013 – a much better hotel)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christelle C, Responsable réception at Paris France Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your nice review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am truly thrilled to read how much you appreciate the location of the hotel and our rooms .

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was my 1st visit to Paris and my 1st solo trip. In terms of location: This lovely hotel is in a lively safe area which is close to everything.Thanx to 3 Metro stations: 2 very close: Temple and Republic and for newbies in Paris through Republic station from the hotel u can reach to almost all attractions in Paris, just grab a map and ask the very helpful and nice hotel staff for directions. Hotel very close to Centre Pompidou and the Louvre. Also there is a very close Monoprix where you can buy food and essentials. Rooms are very basic but clean, bed is comfortable with very soft bed linens. I really recommend this hotel if you are staying in Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Christelle C, Responsable réception at Paris France Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for having taken the time to leave these wonderful comments on trip advisor.

Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was my first trip to Paris and I chose the hotel based completely on Trip Advisor reviews. The hotel is exactly as described, small, charming and very, very clean.The location is on the edge of the Marais tucked between two Metro stops. You will feel like a true Parisian here, if you want a more cliche white washed Disneyfied version of Paris this location is not for you. Completely safe with lots of Brasseries and grocery stores. We were first in a basic room which had a street view which was classically Parisian. The room was about the size of a New York City hotel room, just fine for one or two. The room was spotless however the bathroom had a very musty odor, not dirty, more a moist basement smell. We asked the maid to use more bleach and we opened a lavender soap and we were fine. The television and phone in the room would not work properly and the hotel upgraded us to a Superior Room on the top floor. As others have noted you need to walk up one flight of stairs, but totally worth it. I would highly recommend paying the bit extra and just getting the Superior to start. Red room almost twice as big with awesome view. We could see the Sacre Couer (sp) and a big chunk of the Eiffel Tower. The staff was lovely and helpful except for the front desk guy that had to wake up to see us out at 445 am to catch our taxi for the airport, he was rather nasty but I will not judge my whole stay on him everyone else was charming and helpful. Make sure to ask if there is an extra fee with the cab company for making a reservation, we found this out from the taxi driver on the way to the airport. I would definitely stay here again, the hotel is an incredible value and felt more like staying at your Parisian friend's apartment than a hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christelle C, Responsable réception at Paris France Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for having taken the time to leave these wonderful comments on trip advisor !

united kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Overall this hotel is good value for money. The rooms are clean, the staff are helpful and polite, and the close proximity of the Metro are all plus points. Breakfast isn't very exciting - a croissant & a bread roll with jam and a coffee or tea, (a variety of bread, yoghurt and fruit would have been welcome). Nevertheless, our stay was enjoyable and we will certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Christelle C, Responsable réception at Paris France Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

When I say great location, I mean close to 3 Metro stations and about 15 minutes from all of the top draws in Paris. If you want to stay closer to the Champs Élysées or the Louvre, be prepared to pay a lot more than a couple of extra Metro tickets for the privilege. I saved the cab fare and extra hotel charges for a lovely pair of Louboutins :) You will be walking a lot. And doing stairs. More than you can possibly imagine. I consider myself to be quite fit, but the walking took a big toll on me. Keep that in mind if booking this hotel. It is in a very interesting area. It is actually fairly residential, there are a couple of schools nearby. There is a great grocery store just behind the hotel so you can stock up on fresh fruit, snacks and wine. Just try to avoid going between 5 and 7 pm. especially on Saturday. The front desk will loan you wine glasses and a corkscrew. The staff speak English well and are very helpful. There are lots of cafes and restaurants nearby. The place is spotless and has both heat and air conditioning, plus free wi-fi. I felt very safe here as a woman travelling alone. It isnt the Ritz (or the Georges Cinq) and it isnt $1200 euros a night. Book it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Christelle C, Responsable réception at Paris France Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor.

Christelle

Been to Paris France Hotel? Share your experiences!