“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Walt

You added Hotel Le Walt to your Saves list
Hotel Le Walt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37, Avenue de la Motte Picquet | 7 Arr., 75007 Paris, France (Tour Eiffel / Invalides)   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #122 of 1,791 Hotels in Paris
Norwood, Massachusetts
“We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I selected this hotel because it was close to the Eiffel Tower, free internet, the paintings behind the bed , and it was in my price range. My husband and I visited Paris for my 40th Birthday. We tend to keep to ourselves and typically have a plan when we get up each day. The hotel delivered on the 4 expectations listed above. Additionally, we appreciated the small size of the hotel (intimate), the comfortable bed, sleek look of the bathroom, the metro stop right outside, the grocery store across the street and the many macaron and pain chocolat filled patisseries nearby. I had upgraded us to the Executive sized room, which was perfect for our needs. We were always greeted by the staff as we came and went...the only time we asked for assistance was for an early cab back to the airport which arrived exactly on time. We never ate breakfast...too much to see! We never had an issue with the internet. Our room looked into a small courtyard and was always quiet. Smallest Wish would be to have more space for my stuff but I am an over packer. Thank you for making our trip amazing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor !

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us.

Your enthusiasm for our team and for the hotel is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for us.

I will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to the staff.

Thank you very much for your valued and patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you back again in a not too distant future (for your 41st Birthday, maybe ?).

Yours sincerely,

Assistant Manager,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Finnish first
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our room (701) was on the ground floor and was very quiet (although the window only opened onto the courtyard in the middle of the hotel), the room was fairly small but it was clean and served it's purpose, the bed was one of the most comfortable we have experienced in any hotel, the bathroom is very large as it is adapted for a disabled person (although the tiles round the bath did have some mould on them), the staff were all very nice and friendly and check in and check out were a breeze. We didn't eat in the hotel so i can't comment on that but 16 Euros for a continental breakfast did seem a bit steep (there are plenty of places within 5 minutes walk where you can have breakfast for less than half that price). There is a Metro station literally 10 seconds from the front door and the Eiffel Tower is a 10 minute stroll away. The selection of shops and restaurants nearby (particularly Rue Cler) means that you don't have to travel into the center of the city to find somewhere good to eat.

Room Tip: all rooms from the 3rd floor up have a view of the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Ian W,

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

I was pleased that you were happy with your room and more particularly with your bed. I confirm you that indeed we have chosen the best quality available for our beds.

I was also pleased that you were impressed with your experience with our staff. Indeed, we always strive to do everything we can to satisfy our guests and I am sure that they will be happy to read your comment.

Regarding the breakfast, may I inform you that it is not a Continental breakfast that we provide but a real Buffet breakfast.

We are constantly praised our Buffet breakfast, with a wide variety of dishes (Delicatessen, eggs, cake, pancake, cereals, fruits, bacon, sausages, yogurts, cheeses, Croissants,…) to suit all dietary requirements.

I am sure that for your next stay, when you will try it, you will definitely enjoy it !
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Good boutique hotel in a great location next to the Eiffel Tower. Efficient friendly staff coupled with a clean room. I wouldn't say it was worth 4 stars but it was still value for money. Breakfast on the pricey side as is the bar but I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear maggiemoon10,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, following your recent visit to the hotel Le Walt.

I am pleased that you were happy with your room and found your stay to be good value for money.

I would like to inform you that our prices are constantly checked to ensure we remain competitive within the market and are indeed comparable to other 4 stars hotels throughout Paris.

Thank you very much also for your kind comment about our staff. Indeed, we always strive to do everything we can to satisfy our guests and I am sure that they will be happy to read your comment.

I do hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel is clean and freindly. Great location to base any visit to Paris from, with great local restaurants and shopping. Didn't use the WiFi but understand there was some issues with it, as we were asked our opinion by the staff. Rooms not arge but very clean and extremely comfortable when all you are doing is using as a base. Not quite sure how they grade 4 star (that's not a negative) as this is not what you would term as a 4 star hotel, but still a very pleasurable experience. Quite expensive, but not in comparison to the rest of Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for the Tower view, although they will be the noisier rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear J T,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience at Le Walt Paris.
We are delighted that you chose our hotel for your visit in Paris. We are even more happy that the overall experience was “very pleasurable”.

Regarding the fact that the reception team asked your opinion about the WIFI, please kindly note that this survey was just an audit in order to evaluate the satisfaction of our guests about the new WIFI system that we have just set up in order to get a faster connection.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hotel is clean and comfortable. Rooms are small but efficient. Staff was OK, WIFI in rooms was intermittent and that was annoying. Breakfast was better than other similar hotels.
Location was great, walk to Eiffel Tower, Rue Cler and the Invalides. Restaurants and pastry shops abound and metro is right outside.

Room Tip: Paid extra for best room in the house, not worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Mike516,

Thank you for posting your comments following your recent visit to the hotel Le Walt.

I am delighted that you had enjoyed the Buffet Breakfasts you had and found our location being pleasant.

We always endeavor to make everyone feel welcome and your recognition about our hotel as clean and comfortable is most appreciated.

We hope we may welcome you back to the hotel Le Walt in the very near future.

Puebla, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Pros: location and gentle staff at the front desk.
Cons: they do NOT respect reservations (be careful!!!), they do not care about their customers, Internet not working in the room, expensive and bad breakfast, bathroom at the reception not working, small rooms, although I know it is Paris, for the the value it is still a small room.

If I take the time to write this detailed review is just because my experience here was so bad, that I have an extra encouragement to do so.

Let me start by saying this was the first stop of my honeymoon so as you can imagine I booked well in advance, at least 3 months , and when you book for a honeymoon trip you really spend time, thinking about the hotels you are going to stay.

This hotel was a recommendation from a friend living near the hotel and I choose it because rooms are a bit, just a bit larger, because of being a boutique hotel, but mainly for the location which is in the few positive points for this hotel. But let me assume you are my friend reading this review and hear me out... I definitely do not recommend this hotel since they do not care whatsoever for their clients.

Even though they only had the standard room available, I decided to book through expedia 3 months in advanced and confirmed via email directly with the hotel 1 week before my trip asking for an early check inn and making them know this was a honeymoon trip (an special trip, I have been over 5 hotels now in this trip and they have all thanked me for choosing them for this kind of trip since they know you take time for planning, but not Le Walt, this has been the only hotel that do not care whatsoever about this. I felt like they were doing me a favor, instead of me for choosing and spending with them. This is not a boutique hotel standard) They did answer and confirmed the booking but did not guarantee the early check inn which I understand is not in their hands.

After a long overnight flight , I was surprised by the staff who very gently, instead of granting me with an early check inn, told me that I do not have a room because "a guest decided to stay longer" and "how could they denied her my booked room". So they decided for me, in my honeymoon trip, which they were told and knew, that their sister hotel, in an entirely different area, would be good for me.

After not accepting this, I was received in my honeymoon wondering for 4 hours if I had or not the room I booked 3 months in advance. Thanks Le Walt for this, you can be sure you made me have an unforgettable moment, a negative one!!!

So 4 hours after my arrival, at 3 PM, I was granted with the favor of respecting my reservation.

I know this is Paris, but Rooms here are still small, just a little bit larger than some other hotels, but superior rooms in some other hotels are larger.

Internet did not worked in my room so I had to go to the reception every time I wanted to use internet, big uncomfortable issue. Even at the reception sometimes it did not worked.

Breakfast is just average and not worth at all, better eat at the next door restaurant which is great. I do not recommend to stay here, although location is good, if you choose a near by hotel give the restaurant next to Le Walt a try.

The final day I had a late flight, so I went to hang around a few hours and returned to pick my baggage which they hold, but when I returned for it and wanted to use their bath room, wash my hands and refreshen a little before my flight, but I was not allowed, they told me they were having some works being done so they could not help me....so hold it one hour until you reach the airport. I was deciding weather 2 or 3 stars for the review, but they just managed to earn only one even with ther good location.

This hotel made me feel like an unvalued customer, they made the star of my honeymoon a nightmare. I have stayed in all kind of hotels (budget to luxurious, boutique to big resorts) in various cities (small towns to big cities) so I feel I have grounds to compare and rate hotels. Le Walt is among the worst, terrible value.

If you do not spect anything and you do not care about not being valued then this is a good hotel for the location and the gentle front desk staff, otherwise choose a different hotel. For me is not worth it.

Dear Reinkingg,

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

I am very sorry that you appear to did not enjoyed your stay at Le Walt.

I am sorry of the misunderstanding you had to experience upon your check-in. Indeed, one of our guests wanted to extend his stay. In the meantime, we have seen a note on your booking that you were in Paris for your Honeymoon.

As a Honeymooner, you will be aware that a complimentary upgrade can be offered when availability permits and I regret that due to high occupancy levels, we were unable to do so on this occasion.

Therefore, we had the idea to book an Executive room (with daily Buffet Breakfasts, Chocolates and Champagne) for you at our sister hotel which is located just near the Champs-Elysées Avenue, which is famous as the most romantic Avenue in the world.

We were convinced that you would be happy about this attention. Our goal was to satisfy you with this upgraded room in a romantic place and to satisfy this other guest who wanted to extend his stay.

I am really sorry because it appears that we should ask you before. We did not want you to feel like an unvalued costumer. Please accept our most sincere apologies for this feeling.

Concerning your check-out, indeed due to renovation maintenance works of our floor in the lobby’s bathrooms, you were not able to wash your hand. We are so sorry about this inconvenience but those works (it was last only for one day and unfortunately it was upon your departure).

In spite of those shortfalls, my Team and I do hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back again and to restore your faith on us.

San Lorenzo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked the Le Walt on Hotwire so I had no idea what I would get until I confirmed the room, I then checked out their website and other's reviews and I was a bit worried about what I would get. Was I pleasantly surprised. I got a nice comfortable room in a boutique hotel, only 25 rooms on this property! I did get street side which others said was noisy, but the windows are very well insulated so we barely heard a thing. The best thing it was literally steps away from the Metro station that linked us to all the great places Paris has to offer, it was close to grocery, restaurants and several yummy bakeries! Breakfast was not included with our deal but it was not a problem we just had yummy bakery goodies and good coffee ;) And the free wi-fi included in the room allowed us to stay in contact with our family and friends while on the road. But the very best thing about our room was the View! When we opened the French doors, we had a lovely view of the Eiffel Tower! It was the first thing that I saw when I woke up and the last thing I saw before I went to sleep. Definitely a very nice place to stay while vacationing in Paris!

Room Tip: Request a room on the street side so you get a wonderful view!
Dear LAMCD258,

Thank you for posting your review on this website, following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was pleased that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We aim to make everyone's stay with us as pleasant and relaxing as possible.

Our rooms with the Eiffel Tower view are very popular and I was delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of one of them.

Thank you for your recommendation and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.