“Great Base” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Walt

Save Saved
You added Hotel Le Walt to your Saves list
Hotel Le Walt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37, Avenue de la Motte Picquet | 7 Arr., 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Ranked #272 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great Base”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel is clean and freindly. Great location to base any visit to Paris from, with great local restaurants and shopping. Didn't use the WiFi but understand there was some issues with it, as we were asked our opinion by the staff. Rooms not arge but very clean and extremely comfortable when all you are doing is using as a base. Not quite sure how they grade 4 star (that's not a negative) as this is not what you would term as a 4 star hotel, but still a very pleasurable experience. Quite expensive, but not in comparison to the rest of Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for the Tower view, although they will be the noisier rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear J T,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience at Le Walt Paris.
We are delighted that you chose our hotel for your visit in Paris. We are even more happy that the overall experience was “very pleasurable”.

Regarding the fact that the reception team asked your opinion about the WIFI, please kindly note that this survey was just an audit in order to evaluate the satisfaction of our guests about the new WIFI system that we have just set up in order to get a faster connection.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards,

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hotel is clean and comfortable. Rooms are small but efficient. Staff was OK, WIFI in rooms was intermittent and that was annoying. Breakfast was better than other similar hotels.
Location was great, walk to Eiffel Tower, Rue Cler and the Invalides. Restaurants and pastry shops abound and metro is right outside.

Room Tip: Paid extra for best room in the house, not worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Mike516,

Thank you for posting your comments following your recent visit to the hotel Le Walt.

I am delighted that you had enjoyed the Buffet Breakfasts you had and found our location being pleasant.

We always endeavor to make everyone feel welcome and your recognition about our hotel as clean and comfortable is most appreciated.

We hope we may welcome you back to the hotel Le Walt in the very near future.

Puebla, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Pros: location and gentle staff at the front desk.
Cons: they do NOT respect reservations (be careful!!!), they do not care about their customers, Internet not working in the room, expensive and bad breakfast, bathroom at the reception not working, small rooms, although I know it is Paris, for the the value it is still a small room.

If I take the time to write this detailed review is just because my experience here was so bad, that I have an extra encouragement to do so.

Let me start by saying this was the first stop of my honeymoon so as you can imagine I booked well in advance, at least 3 months , and when you book for a honeymoon trip you really spend time, thinking about the hotels you are going to stay.

This hotel was a recommendation from a friend living near the hotel and I choose it because rooms are a bit, just a bit larger, because of being a boutique hotel, but mainly for the location which is in the few positive points for this hotel. But let me assume you are my friend reading this review and hear me out... I definitely do not recommend this hotel since they do not care whatsoever for their clients.

Even though they only had the standard room available, I decided to book through expedia 3 months in advanced and confirmed via email directly with the hotel 1 week before my trip asking for an early check inn and making them know this was a honeymoon trip (an special trip, I have been over 5 hotels now in this trip and they have all thanked me for choosing them for this kind of trip since they know you take time for planning, but not Le Walt, this has been the only hotel that do not care whatsoever about this. I felt like they were doing me a favor, instead of me for choosing and spending with them. This is not a boutique hotel standard) They did answer and confirmed the booking but did not guarantee the early check inn which I understand is not in their hands.

After a long overnight flight , I was surprised by the staff who very gently, instead of granting me with an early check inn, told me that I do not have a room because "a guest decided to stay longer" and "how could they denied her my booked room". So they decided for me, in my honeymoon trip, which they were told and knew, that their sister hotel, in an entirely different area, would be good for me.

After not accepting this, I was received in my honeymoon wondering for 4 hours if I had or not the room I booked 3 months in advance. Thanks Le Walt for this, you can be sure you made me have an unforgettable moment, a negative one!!!

So 4 hours after my arrival, at 3 PM, I was granted with the favor of respecting my reservation.

I know this is Paris, but Rooms here are still small, just a little bit larger than some other hotels, but superior rooms in some other hotels are larger.

Internet did not worked in my room so I had to go to the reception every time I wanted to use internet, big uncomfortable issue. Even at the reception sometimes it did not worked.

Breakfast is just average and not worth at all, better eat at the next door restaurant which is great. I do not recommend to stay here, although location is good, if you choose a near by hotel give the restaurant next to Le Walt a try.

The final day I had a late flight, so I went to hang around a few hours and returned to pick my baggage which they hold, but when I returned for it and wanted to use their bath room, wash my hands and refreshen a little before my flight, but I was not allowed, they told me they were having some works being done so they could not help me....so hold it one hour until you reach the airport. I was deciding weather 2 or 3 stars for the review, but they just managed to earn only one even with ther good location.

This hotel made me feel like an unvalued customer, they made the star of my honeymoon a nightmare. I have stayed in all kind of hotels (budget to luxurious, boutique to big resorts) in various cities (small towns to big cities) so I feel I have grounds to compare and rate hotels. Le Walt is among the worst, terrible value.

If you do not spect anything and you do not care about not being valued then this is a good hotel for the location and the gentle front desk staff, otherwise choose a different hotel. For me is not worth it.

Dear Reinkingg,

Thank you for your comments following your stay with us.

I am very sorry that you appear to did not enjoyed your stay at Le Walt.

I am sorry of the misunderstanding you had to experience upon your check-in. Indeed, one of our guests wanted to extend his stay. In the meantime, we have seen a note on your booking that you were in Paris for your Honeymoon.

As a Honeymooner, you will be aware that a complimentary upgrade can be offered when availability permits and I regret that due to high occupancy levels, we were unable to do so on this occasion.

Therefore, we had the idea to book an Executive room (with daily Buffet Breakfasts, Chocolates and Champagne) for you at our sister hotel which is located just near the Champs-Elysées Avenue, which is famous as the most romantic Avenue in the world.

We were convinced that you would be happy about this attention. Our goal was to satisfy you with this upgraded room in a romantic place and to satisfy this other guest who wanted to extend his stay.

I am really sorry because it appears that we should ask you before. We did not want you to feel like an unvalued costumer. Please accept our most sincere apologies for this feeling.

Concerning your check-out, indeed due to renovation maintenance works of our floor in the lobby’s bathrooms, you were not able to wash your hand. We are so sorry about this inconvenience but those works (it was last only for one day and unfortunately it was upon your departure).

In spite of those shortfalls, my Team and I do hope we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back again and to restore your faith on us.

San Lorenzo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked the Le Walt on Hotwire so I had no idea what I would get until I confirmed the room, I then checked out their website and other's reviews and I was a bit worried about what I would get. Was I pleasantly surprised. I got a nice comfortable room in a boutique hotel, only 25 rooms on this property! I did get street side which others said was noisy, but the windows are very well insulated so we barely heard a thing. The best thing it was literally steps away from the Metro station that linked us to all the great places Paris has to offer, it was close to grocery, restaurants and several yummy bakeries! Breakfast was not included with our deal but it was not a problem we just had yummy bakery goodies and good coffee ;) And the free wi-fi included in the room allowed us to stay in contact with our family and friends while on the road. But the very best thing about our room was the View! When we opened the French doors, we had a lovely view of the Eiffel Tower! It was the first thing that I saw when I woke up and the last thing I saw before I went to sleep. Definitely a very nice place to stay while vacationing in Paris!

Room Tip: Request a room on the street side so you get a wonderful view!
Dear LAMCD258,

Thank you for posting your review on this website, following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was pleased that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We aim to make everyone's stay with us as pleasant and relaxing as possible.

Our rooms with the Eiffel Tower view are very popular and I was delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of one of them.

Thank you for your recommendation and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

this was my second trip to paris, my boyfriend booked this hotel & i was not disappointed!!!! only a short 10-15 minute taxi drive from gare du nord station, we found this hotel was in the perfect location, almost central to everything that what we wanted to see. if not the metro was just across the road or the staff would call you a taxi. we walked to the eiffel tower from the hotel which took about 20 minutes. As for the hotel it was very small but cosy, room was extremly clean & the staff were so helpful. The only downside was our heated towel rail in the bathroom was broken but they did try to fix this. breakfast was lovely, good selection on the buffet!!! we stayed here for only the 1 night but would have loved to stay for at least 1 more! we ate in the restraunt next door called 'comptour du sept' & food was great. would definantly recommed this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Charw26

Thank you for posting your comments following your recent visit to the hotel.

I was of course very pleased to see that you had found everything to your satisfaction during your stay (location, room, breakfast buffet,…) and I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future; and this time for more than one night ! .

San Carlos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, Champ Elysees and the Siene River. Lots of nearby cafes (there is a cafe right next door, but the one across the street has better food and decor and is less expensive.

The bed was super comfortable. The breakfast selection was great - freshly pressed coffee and orange juice (not machined like many of the bigger hotels in Eu) fresh fruits and pastries, yogurt, cereal, eggs and breakfast measts.

The walls are somewhat thin and there is no carpet on the floor so you do hear the other guests but it wasn't too bad. The staff were helpful

We would definitely stay here again just for the bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: The hotel has thin walls so get a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear AprilsReview,

I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable visit with us and i am particularly pleased that you were impressed with levels of service you received from our team.

We always endeavour to deliver the highest standards and make all our guests feel welcome and
respected.

I am also proud that you have enjoyed our Buffet breakfast. I confirm you that it is one of the best in Paris and a very good value for money.

We hope we may welcome you back again very soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The hotel itself was nice and we would have given good reviews had it not been for our air conditioning problem and they way it was handled. Just like another reviewer, we had problems with the A/C and the way things were handled was terrible. I made a point to book a hotel with air conditioning as I knew it would be hot in August. During our 6 night stay, it was extremely hot 98-100 degrees and our air conditioning did not work properly. We reported this right away and were told how to adjust the thermostat. Unfortunately the receptionist told us the wrong way to adjust it and this made it even hotter. The next day we were told someone would come and service it. Still no better. We asked for another room and were told they were full which turns out to be a lie. The receptionist came to our room and admitted it was way too hot so he gave us a fan! Seriously?! Basically we reported this every night and were put off with excuses like the management would have to handle it but conveniently we never saw the manager. Through email communication after we returned home, he later told us he was there yet he never approached us. The reception team kept saying they would report it to manager. We were miserable and didn't sleep well for 6 nights and never given another room just excuses. After sight-seeing all day in the heat, we certainly didn't want to come back to a hot room! We would have gladly packed up and moved to another room or hotel if it had been offered to us. We don't mind paying full price as long as we get what we booked, but we didn't. When we were leaving, we finally got to talk to the manager about some sort of compensation. He told us we could have our continental breakfast free (we ate 4/6 days there)and he would approve one free night but we would have to get it through Expedia since we booked with them. Nice, but one free night out of six that we were miserable and didn't have the A/C that was advertised was not satisfactory to us. We followed through with Expedia and they kept getting excuses that the manager was not in when they called. Finally an Expedia supervisor got through and asked for at least half off each night to compensate us at least part of each night.. Yes, we did stay there and use the room, but only because we had already paid for it and we were there for a wedding. We were so hot trying to get ready in formal attire for a wedding and were drenched before we even left the hotel! We did not get the air conditoned room that we booked! The manager is blaming the heat wave! Whatever the reason, this was not handled appropriately.The manager had the nerve to insinuate that we were lying and that we never reported the problem! He said his team told a different story! That's when we really got mad! He even told the Supervisor at Expedia he couldn't do more because it had been a bad month! Are you kidding me?! I can see why the hotel's business was poor and reviews like this shouldn't help them. The manager didn't seem to care that his hotel would get a poor review. I see that he responds to these reviews, and I'm sure he will have more excuses when he reads this, like blaming the heat wave. He never seemed to understand that you still need to take care of your customer regardless of Mother Nature! My advise is find another hotel! They do not have good customer service/management and there was someone different at the desk every day we were there that couldn't seem to handle the problem or get management involved. We were very disappointed in this hotel and I would not stay there again. By the way, we traveled to two other cities in Italy when we left and it was very hot there too, but our A/C worked and it was so nice to relax in a cool room after being in the heat all day!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Le Walt, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Nancy W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I was concerned to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the obvious disappointment caused and please be assured that your feedback has been taken very seriously.

I was disappointed to see that your review and grade is base only on the issue you've experienced with my management and the fact that you did not have the total reimbursement of your stay, as I understand from your comments.

Maybe if you had your entire stay free, as you asked on our correspondences, your review and grade would be better…

Indeed, forgive me if I am mistaking but I can notice that you did not speak, for example, about our very good location or about the fact that you stayed in one of the biggest room of the hotel.

However, regarding the A/C, I am sure that if you had informed us at time and not only the day previous your departure (I have double checked all our records and files for being sure), we would have acted swiftly and appropriately, alternative offer a room change (even a hotel change in one of our sister hotels).

I confirm you once more that we had the availability to did it and our sister hotels as well.

Indeed, my team and I always endeavour to offer the highest possible level of service and courtesy to all of our guests and I apologize that on this particular occasion this was not displayed.

Nevertheless, I do agree that this situation should not have happened in the first case.

This is not reflective of the typical high standards my team and I deliver on a daily basis and I truly regret for how this will have hindered your first impressions of the hotel, and your experience as a whole.

The necessary steps have been taken to ensure this remains an isolated incident and thank you once again for bringing this to our attention.

As many regulars will know, my number one obsession is customer service and I will always make sure all comments/criticisms are immediately appreciated and dealt with an appropriate answer; never disproportionate action.

My team and I are very fortunate to have many many appreciative customers and our online rankings on Tripadvisor, I believe, are properly reflective of the efforts of our management and teams to deliver consistent and exceptional service.

Best Regards,

Assistant Manager,

Been to Hotel Le Walt? Share your experiences!