I stayed for one night to visit Eiffel Tower.
Its about 15-20 walk from the tower. Although there are 2 metro stations near by, it could be tricky to walk if you're coming from airport and have any luggage to pull.
Rooms are quite small but I have no other experience of staying in Paris hotels to compare with. WiFi use is permitted only on one device but person at reception was kind enough to give us code for second device. Person on reception spoke quite good English and was very helpful in letting me use a hotel computer and also gave me written directions to a museum.
Cost wise this hotel is reasonable for a city like Paris.
Would recommend for a short visit esp if Eiffel Tower is on your itinerary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel de l'Exposition, a 3-star hotel in Paris, is located at the heart of the 15th arrondissement, where the workers involved in building the nearby Eiffel Tower had their lodgings. The moment you step into the reception area, the charm of the period paintings that decorate the walls begins to take effect. Produced in the 1950s, they have all been carefully restored. The large numbers behind the Pavillon (the hotel bar) recall the dates of the various expositions that have marked the history of the French capital. Among them, the 1889 universal exhibition which saw the birth of the Eiffel Tower, today the very symbol of Paris; the one in 1900 which inaugurated the first metropolitain underground line; the 1925 Art Deco Exposition at which the work of such innovative artists as Le Corbusier and Picasso were on show, and 1937, for Arts and Techniques... The theme of the hotel is echoed, further on, in a pretty showcase holding period photographs, books and items. Citroen car fans will enjoy sleeping in the vicinity of the former offices of the make of car with a chevron logo whose design office produced the famous Traction, 2 CV and DS. In an elegantly refined atmosphere, visitors can take advantage of all modern conveniences. Enjoy a moment spent in a corner of the cosy lounge, or order a drink from the bar (specially reserved for hotel patrons 24/24), perhaps taking advantage of the handsome collection of whiskies Le Pavillon has on offer. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but the breakfast buffet is served (7 to 10 am on weekdays, 8 to 10:30 am on weekends) in a very attractive vaulted room, with stone walls; one wall features a trompe-l'oeil painting on the theme of the Eiffel Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Exposition Tour Eiffel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exposition Tour Eiffel Paris
- Exposition Tour Eiffel Hotel