First visit to Paris and found this Hotel on the Internet. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Staff were all very helpful and approachable.
I had pre-booked a Superior double room. First day arrived and the room was not available so we were given a Standard double for one night with free breakfast instead.
Standard rooms have a frosted glass partition between the bathroom and bedroom with a curtain, I recommend booking the Superior double room as it has a separate bathroom. Beds are all very comfortable. Breakfast is charged extra and is continental, served as a buffet and offers a good selection of pastries, cereal, beverages, cheese, cold meat, tea and coffee.
Hotel is located only 10min walk from the Eifel Tower, Bateaux Parisiens boat tour to get a great view of the city, Duplex Metro station (no. 6 tram) takes you to Champs Elysee / Arch de Triumph one end and Denfert Rochreau the other end for catching the Orlybus to the airport or even beyond to the lively Latin Quarter. Hotel is close to a late night Supermarket, Pharmacy and a few nice & reasonable local Bistros/ restaurants.
Overall very good and will stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel de l'Exposition, a 3-star hotel in Paris, is located at the heart of the 15th arrondissement, where the workers involved in building the nearby Eiffel Tower had their lodgings. The moment you step into the reception area, the charm of the period paintings that decorate the walls begins to take effect. Produced in the 1950s, they have all been carefully restored. The large numbers behind the Pavillon (the hotel bar) recall the dates of the various expositions that have marked the history of the French capital. Among them, the 1889 universal exhibition which saw the birth of the Eiffel Tower, today the very symbol of Paris; the one in 1900 which inaugurated the first metropolitain underground line; the 1925 Art Deco Exposition at which the work of such innovative artists as Le Corbusier and Picasso were on show, and 1937, for Arts and Techniques... The theme of the hotel is echoed, further on, in a pretty showcase holding period photographs, books and items. Citroen car fans will enjoy sleeping in the vicinity of the former offices of the make of car with a chevron logo whose design office produced the famous Traction, 2 CV and DS. In an elegantly refined atmosphere, visitors can take advantage of all modern conveniences. Enjoy a moment spent in a corner of the cosy lounge, or order a drink from the bar (specially reserved for hotel patrons 24/24), perhaps taking advantage of the handsome collection of whiskies Le Pavillon has on offer. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but the breakfast buffet is served (7 to 10 am on weekdays, 8 to 10:30 am on weekends) in a very attractive vaulted room, with stone walls; one wall features a trompe-l'oeil painting on the theme of the Eiffel Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Exposition Tour Eiffel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exposition Tour Eiffel Paris
- Exposition Tour Eiffel Hotel