“Charming family owned hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Andre Gill
4 Rue Andre Gill, Paris 18eme, Paris, France (Montmartre)   |
Ranked #661 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Charming family owned hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

What a lovely experience in such a lovely part of Paris. The Hotel Manager was very kind and let us check in early and even have breakfast the day we arrived. Staff were friendly and happy to help out any time of day/night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

I went to this hotel in the beginning of February with my girlfriend and it was great from the beginning. Friendly staff, small but decent breakfast, very close to two metro stations which is awesome.

It's about 7 metro stops from the arc de triomph and 10 from the eiffel tower. Each stop is about a minute and a half away from each other. So the city is very accessible from the hotel.

However, I found the area around our hotel to be way cooler and much less touristy. We went to a bar up the street and were the only Americans in the place, it was cool.

The area is called montmartre/pigalle and a short walk from the hotel up some steps was a beautiful view of the city and a nice square lit up with blue lights.

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay with my girlfriend in Paris.

• Stayed February 2012
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Unless you are on a very tight budget and staying for one night only, I would not stay here. Yes, the location is good in the middle of Montmartre, but I'm sure there are better places than this. I did not trust the cleanliness of ANYTHING -- you couldn't PAY me to walk barefoot on the floor, I wore sandals in the TINIEST BATHROOM I've ever seen, and I was tempted to put toilet paper on the toilet seat "just in case."

They make you pay in cash, which is rather inconvenient (and sketchy) and they make you turn in your room key before you leave. They claim the front lobby where the keys are kept are always under surveillance, but they are not. Also, they don't check your ID; you just tell them what room you're in and they hand you the key, no questions asked. SKETCHY.

Like I said, if it's for one night and you're on a budget, go for it. If more than one night and you can spend a little more, don't stay here.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Svolvaer, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We are a young couple and were looking for something quite central and at a reasonable price, also with somewhere where we could use a kitchen. This suited those requirements and we had no problems with the staff or accommodation. The room was small, but this is what we expected for the price we paid and since we there to see the sights essentially, this was okay. Had no problems with noise or cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Burnaby, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed Aug 2009; Monmartre District

Long story short: this hotel cheated us by charging a hugely inflated (I'd say 3times what it was worth) price. They would only accept cash, which made me suspicious of their intentions. When I arrived home one evening, my key was missing and the owner couldn't locate it - said she had given it to someone. I went to my room and found the maid there not doing anything related to her job. Certainly not making up the room.
The room was basic the service poor and the bathroom was cramp and barely usable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Rooms were tiny, with even smaller ensuite, but comfortable for a short stay. Close to Gare du Nord, right in the middle of montmatre, round the corner from the sacre coeur and the moulin rouge. The area can feel a bit dicey at night, however we never had a problem.
Included breakfast was amazing, staff were super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

The elevator was small, the room was small, the hallway was narrow, the breakfast room was small, so crowded in the morning with people having breakfast. The location is great though, very close to Sacre Coeur.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Andre Gill? Share your experiences!