“great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucky Youth

You added Lucky Youth to your Saves list
Lucky Youth
Siege Social 26, Rue des Rigoles, 75020 Paris, France (Belleville / Pere Lachaise)   |
Ranked #63 of 128 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Rio de Janeiro
“great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2007

As everybody knows, french people isn't known for its courtesy with tourist, and especially in Paris. And Lucky Youth on the contrary is the place in this exciting city when you'll be warmly welcomed. The most important thing: you're completly free to do what you want to do. No annoying reception girls --- you off about noise or somethong. If you want to go clubbing, you'll find no better place than it.
And don't worry for your staff, you have keys for the appartement so...you can stay cool and take a look around because you're staying in a hot area. So good nights and good luck.

• Liked — freedom
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2007

I'm really glad I did my research before going to Paris, because, for some reason, it is a uniformly awful city for hostels. Lucky Youth is clearly an exception. I was there for a week, staying in a lovely small Parisian apartment, which belongs to a family that is away long term for whatever reason. This gave it a real sense of character, with photos, mementos and plants plants scattered throughout.

The check in system is a little byzantine: you don't arrive at where you're staying (you can't - because they don't tell you where you will be staying), but instead phone them once you're in Paris; they then give you directions and a meeting point. From there you meet the representatives, who walks you to the apartment, and shows you around personally. Although slightly confusing, it gives it a personal touch, and a sense of security,

I also met a range of really interesting people from around the world, and even though I know I'll never see them again, I'll always remember wandering about Paris with them.

One small negative was that the apartment I was in was only in Montmartre in the loosest definition, but it was such an enjoyable stay that I'll let it pass.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2007

After reading all the good reviews of Lucky Youth, Paris my friend and I decided we wanted to stay there we sent a few emails asking some questions before we booked.... no reposnse. So we then tried calling the number provided on their website. It kept ringing. I tried many times over a few days (I called during the day and evening Paris time) we then tried booking... no response to the booking. I hope when I finally do get to Paris, some Parisians can communicate better than Lucky Youth has!

Stayed January 2007
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2007

Hello everybody! Paris is amazing I must say but one thing is sure: it is a pretty crappy city for hostels. Before I could stay at Lucky Youth (unfortunatly I did not book ahead_ don't do like me!), I had to stay in 2 disgusting hostels where you would not want a dog to sleep and had to sleep with a few insects crawling in my room. This has dumped my first week in Paris of course cause I could not sleep at night and I was so sleepy during the day...
When finally I could check in at Lucky Youth, it was so good! I'm from Brazil and it was very cool to share my room with some cool and classy american mates. I got closed with a guy from Santa Barbara in California (see the photo!). We had a very good time, cooked together and went to the top of the tour eiffel at night with such a great view all other Paris! Waoooh! from what I've seen, there are many people from California coming to Lucky Youth but not only of course: the guys next door were swedish. I really enjoyed the apartment life style. Most hostels in Paris seem to have a 2.am curfew and I did not want that as I wanted to enjoy Paris by night also. Paris by night is so romantic with all those monuments glumming in the dark...especially when you have the chance to be next to a handsome guy from the US.
I really recommend Lucky Youth for the one who want to experience Paris intimatly. We were only 6 in the flat and this was so nice! we had a kitchen, a TV, it was clean, and everyone had his own key to the flat. Oh! and there was a COMPUTER with a free internet only for the 6 of us. Lovely! The building was secure with a secret code to get into and they pick you up from the station upon arrival. The flat I stayed in was 2 blocks from the Moulin Rouge. I thought it was very reasonably priced for all what they give you. Only 29 euros all included. I recommend Lucky Youth to anyone looking for a clean, safe and authentic place to stay in Paris.

Stayed January 2007
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

Very happy with my experience at Lucky Youth. Great location. Clean, comfortable, spacious places to stay. Different types of apartments: charming French-style ones (which I love) and western-style ones (which I personally find boring). Also the people (Eloise, Alan, Katie...) were very kind and helpful. Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2006

Wicked hostel, and Eloise is amazing. Coming to Paris completly lost really [---], but Eliose saved the day by directing me and meeting me to escort me to the hostel. One of the nicest hostels I stayed in during my two months in Europe. Love yah Eloise

• Stayed May 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2006

Elloise is great! Nicest, little hostel landlord we could have! Hello, you, BTW. There was only one problem, and that is that the group before us accidently turned the hot water off, so for our two nights, there was not bathing going on. Which made us pretty stinky, but not unlike the locals, haha. Other than that, our "hostel" is really a rented-out apt. with full kitchen, including cups, dishes, paper towels, and such. Though we didn't have hot water for the tub, we could have had a nice bath or taken a shower in the fully stocked bathroom, had those [-] not have messed with the water temp! The bestest thing, though, is that Elloise let us keep our stuff in the room, while keeping the key, all the day of our departure, since our night train didn't leave until 11pm that night! That alone rocks the house. Plus, her dog speaks French. And Elloise is a hot little French mamma that speaks 4 languages! Rock on and we'll come back sometime! Though Paris was not our favorite, I'd stay with her again!

Been to Lucky Youth? Share your experiences!