“Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucky Youth

You added Lucky Youth to your Saves list
Lucky Youth
Siege Social 26, Rue des Rigoles, 75020 Paris, France (Belleville / Pere Lachaise)   |
Ranked #57 of 123 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Ottawa, ON
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2006

Lucky Youth is an amazing hostel experience. When I was doing research prior to my trip, it became increasingly obvious that finding a decent hostel in Paris is a bit like rummaging for a needle in the proverbial haystack. What initially intrigued me about Lucky Youth was the fact that travelers are accomodated in fully-furnished apartments, with anywhere from two to six beds. The money saved as a result of not having to go to restaurants was a huge draw, as was the fact of not having to contend with the traditional hostel set-up (ie lockouts, shared keys, worrying about stolen luggage, etc.) Here, everybody has their own key, and the feeling of communality inspired by the apartment set-up creates an environment which feels totally secure. I was never for a second worried that my flatmates, who turned out to be great people, would steal from me. Also, the flats are in great locations, and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. They pick you up at a prearranged metro stop and show you to the flat, providing funny and interesting tips about the neighbourhood along the way. I stayed in Montmartre (site of the film Amelie), right next to the incredible Sacre Coeur church). In summary, Lucky Youth is the perfect hostel for the budget traveler looking for something a little alternative. Clean, safe, fun... It's really a wonderful experience. Book soon, because it's becoming increasingly popular.

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2006

Lucky Youth was the perfect hostel at which to begin my séjour in France! The girl who picked me up at the metro was extremely helpful and friendly, and from the first I knew that my trip would be spectacular. The accomodations were outstanding: obviously not deluxe, but cleaner, safer, and much more comfortable than the traditional hostel. The setup is apartment-style, with a kitchen and bathroom in the flat. There were five other people in my apartment, and we had a great time cooking together, listening to the stereo (included!), swapping travel stories, and making ourselves at home in la Cité des lumières. Lucky Youth is the perfect balance between home and hostel: a cozy feel but with all the social benefits of the hostel experience.

• Stayed May 2006
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2005

Lucky Youth was a great apartment style hostel that offered modest accomdations for great prices. This place also comes with a free washer and dryer so you can do your laundry if need be. Lucky Youth was in the middle of Mont Martre and we had a blast because it was so close to all the transit systems and just minutes away from Sacred Heart Church. Definetly worth the money and I recommend this place to anyone whose been around and wants a hostel with a lot of character.

• Stayed September 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

My stay at Lucky Youth was an amazing experience that I would recommend to everybody. Sharing an apartment with young people is great, especially if you are travelling by yourself as I was, as its easy to meet people and I made so many great friends during my stay. The apartment was clean and we each had our own key. One of the best aspects was the freedom; no curfew and no lock out times during the day which is the case with so many other hostels. The people I met were really friendly and we all cooked meals together and went out during the day and in the evening. Eloise, who runs the business was really nice, very friendly and always concerned that we were enjoying ourselves. When I go back to Paris, I'll definitely stay at Lucky Youth again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2005

i loved this hostel because it was an actual Paris apartment in one of the best areas of the city. Plus the hostel consists of other apartments in the same area. A great social environment and a beautiful city. This hostel kicks ass!

• Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2005

Lucky Youth hostel was amazing! Pretty much having your own apartment in Paris is fantastic, and if im ever back, i'll be coming back here! such a good location, and great atmosphere. love your work Eloise

• Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2005

The Lucky Youth is the best budget accomodation I could found thoughout my trip to Europe. Basically you enjoy the benefits of staying in a private flat, yet paying the rates of a budget hostel. To make things even better, the flats are very well located in Montmartre, which is a great place to stay in Paris. During my stay there, I had the opportunity to visit other flats from Lucky Youth and they were all outstanding. Eloise, the owner of the business, is a very sweet person. During our stay in Paris, she was always concerned whether we were satisfied and whether the flat was fullfiling our expectations. I would like to congratulate her for making our stay in Paris so pleasant. I strongly recommend Lucky Youth for everybody planning to go to Paris!

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Lucky Youth? Share your experiences!