“True Taste of Paris!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 127 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Portland, Oregon
“True Taste of Paris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I really wish I could have stayed in Paris longer, but will definitely be back, and will definitely stay at Lucky Youth again. The staff here were exceptional in their willingness to go above and beyond in terms of helping me get to the property. I was greeted by TWO staff upon getting out of the Metro, who not only walked me to the unit, but completely took their time in orienting me to everything we were passing by during the walk and then offered excellent advise for non-touristy options in the city. I felt like I was greeted by friends, not hostel staff. Genuine and wonderful people! Also, the place offers a cool set-up in an amazing and authentic neighborhood of Paris, Montmartre, where you will feel like you are staying in a colorful Parisian flat rather than perching at a 'hostel.' I met some wonderful people during my stay here! The beds were comfortable and there's a private kitchen w/ fridge....all of this for one of the most affordable prices I found in all of Paris!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
Cairns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The apartment I stayed in had a great view, and the kitchen had everything you need such as pots and pans for cooking which is good as I like to whip up something in the kitchen. Bathroom was really clean and the other guests were all friendly and fun. Overall, a great time.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Omg love this place!!!!! They have lots of apartments in all the cool areas of Paris, i was in Monmatre, so amazing!! The staff are so friendly and all speak perfect English-had experiences in the past in Paris where i couldn't even communicate with the "staff"-. When we arrived they gave us a personal check-in and it was like a little tour, they told us where all the best places where, supermarkets, shops, metro etc. The apartments are so French that you feel like a local in Paris. Also, i have to say about the fans!! We stayed at travellers inn the day before and it was grim because of the heat, here all the rooms had their own fan :-)))). Thanks for a great stay guys!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place seems dodgy. A one bedroom apartment with 10 beds in it! You have to meet at a cafe as they have no reception. It took nearly 40 minutes before I could actually get through to them on the phone and arrange for them to meet me. I then had to wait another 20 minutes before they arrived. I booked on Hostelbookers but then the hostel would not allow me to give different credit card details for payment. After my stay I received an email asking why I had never paid for my stay. I then replied telling them I had actually been charged twice. This is the only reply I have received from them:

"hey that’s creazy! is it really true?

of course you should be reumbursed if you paid twice.

I have found ONE ticked with your paymen not...can’t find the second...

sorry I have nothing to earn in this, I’m not the big boss here."

They won't even send me an invoice which would allow me to make a claim through my credit card provider.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

After not coming to pick me up at the place where they were supposed to, they still charged my credit card. After waiting for months for a refund, I got this email from them :` We are really busy but yes soon I will take the time to do it, not because I’m scared of the authorities, nobody would do anything...` . Do you want to have to deal with this sort of stuff? If yes, then go ahead and book a room asap.

Room Tip: Do not go there.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My stay there was fine. No problems. But when I got home, they didn't charge my credit card for 8 months. I sent them an email notifying them and asking if there has been a mistake within a few weeks. It took them MONTHS to get back to me, accusing me that I hadn't paid (When I checked into the hostel, they told me they had all the information they needed to just charge my credit card) and gave no good explanation for the error. The whole situation was handled in a way that was really unprofessional and they never even apologized to me for the fact that it took so long for them to get their act together. There's just something really sketchy about this place and this whole scenario. I wouldn't recommend it!! There are so many hostels in Paris you might choose, don't stay at this one!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

After paying a deposit to stay here, we arrived in Paris and called the hostel to come get us so that we could check in, only to here that because we didn't 'confirm' our booking was no longer available. Instead they moved us across town to a dingy hotel that had one shower for 25 bedrooms. We also payed a deposit with the hostel and this did not apply for the hotel. Not at any stage were we told that we had to confirm our booking, as far as we were concerned a deposit is a confirmation.

People do yourselves a favour and do not stay here, they cannot simple move your booking. In my eyes it's simply poor management who were covering up there mistake by blaming us.

This hostel is a reminder that you should not book on hostel bookers!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Lucky Youth? Share your experiences!