“alright” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #79 of 128 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Jequie, BA
“alright”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

if you're a woman, i recommend u to book for a FEMALE ONLY bedroom.. they have private showers. the shared ones can be grose. the toilets also are dirty... male sure you take your flip flops with you.. there are looots of international people, the staff are really friendly, and the hostel also is friendly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Esposende, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Staff was friendly enough, rooms were very clean and really nice hot showers.
Breakfast was the usual you would find in any other place: hot chocolate, hot coffee, orange juice, bread and butter and also cereals.

free lockers and free linen ( with 5€ deposit), free wifi and a dozen pcs with internet.

Slept like a baby both nights i stayed there, as the rest of the room were just girls that didn't snore.
apart from only having a electric plug in the room, i enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Noosa, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this hostel too with mixed feelings. Only one woman behind the desk was professional and helpful (there was another guy working who kept kissing some woman sitting nearby)...!
The bunk beds are very narrow, the doors NOISY (bang, clang) so take your ear plugs if you stay there. Basic kitchen downstairs, breakfast very ordinary. But hey, it's Paris. On the good side, it's only a few blocks from the Eiffel tower, lots of great eateries 2 minutes walk from hostel and there's a laundry 50 mtrs away.... would I stay there again? Nope.

Room Tip: I was in a 6 bed female and got less sleep than my amsterdam hostel with 12 beds mixed!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We arrived early so couldn't check in till later in the afternoon, however the luggage room was very small and was already full so we had to squash our bags in at the back.

The downstairs kitchen and eating area is a nice touch and good for meeting new people.

Location-wise it is within a 30 minute walk to the Eiffel tower and very close to the Metro.

The rooms were a bit hot and beds not too comfortable, but in Paris you probably can't get any better for the price you're paying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I'm regret to pay for 3 nights (210 EUD) for private double room in this hostel, it was 70 for 2 persons one night. The private double room means double decker bed. The room is very small, once I put 2 baggage, it hardly to have space to walk inside the room, the wall and door are not sound proof. The room next to us, I'm not sure how many stayed there and seems like they don't need to sleep all night, my wife and I disturbed by the door slam whole night, resulted we didn't have good rest for the first night. The toilet and bathroom are shared, the problem is they are not clean. It was nightmare to start my Paris trip in this hotel. After the first night, we looked for other hotel around, and luckily we found a much better hotel somewhere around which is only EUD90 per night, the 20 EUD difference is like the ticket from hell to heaven. Trust me, you can find a much better hotel in this location with just little extra money, well worth for it. I swore I'm going to write about this hostel after my trip in Paris to share with you, not to spoil your trip because of staying in this lousy hostel. Not to forget, the staff I met during check-in is not friendly at all. I hope you won't repeat my mistake to stay here where I thought it's cheap when I was looking hostel in Paris :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Do not stay as there are bed bugs galore!!! This was our first stop on our european adventure and it was horrible. We got bed bug bites all over our bodies (showed up after two days there) and when we went to staff about our bites they said they knew nothing about bed bugs. We changed rooms and it was even worse - we could see the bugs on our beds and clothing.

When we left we had to fumigate all our belongings to make sure we did not bring bugs along for the rest of our three month trip. We had thousands of bites all over our body - face, arms, stomach, legs.

DO NOT RISK IT

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Worst hostel I have ever ever EVER stayed at. I would have been happy to pay more for any other accommodation. Bed bugs, uncomfortable beds, terrible tiny showers that are freezing and you have to hold the button the whole time. Its so hard to get dressed in the tiny cubicle! The staff are the most rude people I have ever come across in my life. They over charged me 3 nights. The wifi only works at reception. Location is terrible, besides its near a metro station. Its a 20min walk to the Eiffel tower which is the only good thing. The breakfast is very poor, and I ended up buying my own every morning. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! it ruined my time in paris!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Aloha Hostel? Share your experiences!