“2nd time staying here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel le Bellechasse

You added Hotel le Bellechasse to your Saves list
Hotel le Bellechasse
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 rue de Bellechasse | 7th Arr., 75007 Paris, France (Tour Eiffel / Invalides)   |
Ranked #282 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“2nd time staying here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is my second time here within the past 6 months. The staff is helpful, courteous and showed me great kindness after my Mother passed away here in Paris in September of 2012. Anything I needed, was efficiently handled with a smile: Jerome, who is part of the afternoon/evening staff, is a gentleman, while Christelle and Iaona were always ready with a smile to say Bonjour or Bonsoir! The rooms are on the smaller side but that is very typical of hotel rooms in Europe, no surprise there. The decor is fun and funky but the beds are comfortable, there's always plenty of hot water for showering, the hotel cleaning staff makes sure the hotel is spotless and the rooms are clean with fresh towels (I would always suggest leaving a couple of Euro on your pillow for the staff, they truly appreciate it) Need something printed?? No problem! Need a taxi, they're on it! The location can't be beat as the 7th and particularly, this area of the 7th, is within easy walking distance to many sights including - Les Jardins Tuilerie & the Louvre, they're within steps of the Musee D'Orsay, and lots of restaurants close by. The Breakfast Express is a good deal for 10 Euro you get a hot drink of your choice, a fresh pressed orange juice, a small basket of breads (pan au chocolat, croissant and a small french baguette) and a yogurt too!

Room pricing - yes it's on the expensive side but you get what you pay for: in this case, good service & great location.

As an aside, I would always suggest that learning a few key phrases in any country you go to, including "I'm sorry my "insert language here" is not that great but I'm trying" will get you a lot farther than assuming everyone speaks English.

Merci a tout les personnel de l'Hotel de Bellechasse: J'ai hâte d'y retourner la prochaine fois!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Turkish first
wales 99
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

A member of the small luxury hotels of the world, we were a little concerned to book here given some comments about small rooms, and fading decor etc. It's not as if Paris is short of good options. But we were very happy with this hotel, which is literally a stone's throw from the musee d'orsay, and a comfortable walk from St Germain des pres. The original room we were offered had a free standing bath in the middle of the bedroom; whilst very "modern", this was going to lead to flooding come shower time, so we got a room with a more conventional sink/ bath area- though the boutique designer concept means that little about the rooms is "conventional". The bed was extremely comfortable, and the hotel was very quiet. The heating/ air con worked, and the room temperature could therefore be effectively controlled. The staff couldn't do enough, and the breakfast was excellent. A very good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here with a friend and our young babies and nothing was too much trouble for the staff here, who made our stay as relaxing as possible and created a fun, friendly atmosphere. The hotel is in a great location, and was good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is located in the center and it is very stylish.. The rooms are different from each other and they are unique and original. The location is very quiet and residential, the only negative aspect is that the rooms are too small. However, I would recommend this hotel in Paris.

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The decor is rather overwhelming and to my taste a bit claustrophobic. It makes what are quite small rooms seem even smaller. The position is superb. The staff,on the whole but not universally, we're very friendly and helpful especially given my family and I bowled up some difficult issues.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Issaquah, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in October and loved it. The rooms were decent sized by European standards, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathrooms nicely appointed. The staff were very friendly, and extremely helpful. The room rate was very reasonable for the quality of the experience.

The location is perfect for touring. My wife was six months pregnant during our visit, and we walked everywhere. This was my first trip to Paris, and while I seriously considered opting for a 5-star hotel, I'm glad we chose this place instead. We saved a significant amount of money, and I don't think our experience could have been much better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We liked that the hotel was part of the SLH collection (being a member) and that it was designed by Christian Lacroix. The reviews were also mostly positive which raised my expectations...maybe a tad too much.

Pros:
1. Location - Right near Museum D'Orsay and since we didn't mind walking, we walked to the Louvre, Place de la Concorde, Champs Elysees, Le Bon Marche, ect. There also are metro stations close by which goes directly to Montmartre and the Eiffel Tower. There is a little Carrefour Express market right around the corner and a pharmacy right next door.

2. Staff - The staff were friendly and accommodating. They emailed beforehand asking about my bed preference and my request for an overhead shower was met. It is a very small hotel so there is no separate concierge or doorman/bellboy but the front desk staff were helpful. The lady in the breakfast room is lovely unlike many Parisian servers in cafes.

3. Complimentary Wifi - had no trouble with wifi on our phones and laptop in the room.

4. Complimentary breakfast - simple yet nice assortment of breads, cold-cuts, egg, bacon, and fresh-squeezed orange juice among other things.

5. Shower - To my knowledge, there are not a lot of rooms with overhead showers at le Bellechasse. Thankfully, with my request, we had one in our room and the water pressure was nice and strong. It was one of our treats after a day of walking around Paris. Try to request a room with a shower.

Cons:
1. Outdated room decor - Honestly, I was disappointed with our room. The colors and decor were vibrant but outdated. We had a lower level room and our floor was of mosaic tiles that were faded and the bathroom had dreary and chipped maroon tiles. The room (privilege room) wasn't too big and one wall was the glass door to outside and floor-to-ceiling glass with shades for privacy. The adjacent wall had a locked latch door and in general, it just didn't feel like a real room. The bed also didn't have a headboard and although the wall was part of the decor, it didn't seem like a proper hotel bed.

2. Noise - There are three rooms on the lower level right next to each other and because it is a glass door and wall, we were able to hear our neighbors go in and out as well as the housekeeping staff. If you're on the sensitive side, you may need earplugs in bed.

Overall, we had a decent stay without any problems. It was just the disappointment in the room itself that makes this hotel just average. But then again, I may not be able to find one with all these pros in this price range!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel le Bellechasse? Share your experiences!