“Not worth it, would look elsewhere next time” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Louvre Richelieu

Save Saved
You added Hotel Louvre Richelieu to your Saves list
Hotel Louvre Richelieu
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Rue de Richelieu, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #709 of 1,793 hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Not worth it, would look elsewhere next time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel started out promising, but went downhill over our 5 day stay. There are very narrow winding stairs to get up to the rooms. The room itself seemed good but the showers were really awkward and splashed water into the bathroom.

I think security wise at night it could also feel safer. After midnight there is no one in the front desk and the access into the hotel is just swiping your room key.

Service overall was quite poor. The people working at the front desk were not very friendly at all. They did not change our sheets during our stay, which is okay for being sustainable, however when we asked for it to be changed after the third night they seemed very begrudging. There was also some days where we came back and there was no toilet paper in the bathroom or soap.

Also, note that the hotel runs out of hot water if you shower too late or have roommates/other people staying with you.

Even though this is a convenient area, I would look elsewhere for better value next time. Overall it was a very mediocre stay and I think there is better around the area.

• Stayed April 2014

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in Paris for one night only and this hotel really could not have been better. I came across it purely by chance whilst browsing hotels and I will definitely be back.The location is fantastic as a base and an ideal starting point for this beautiful city, particularly if you enjoy walking as much I do!

My room on the top floor was one of the newly renovated ones and stylish, well appointed and I think extremely good value. Spotlessly clean, crisp linen and comfy bed and pillows. The shower was amazingly good & the toiletries provided were glorious!

The gentleman on the front desk was wonderfully helpful and friendly and very patient with my bad French and I very much appreciated the chat and the ice for my sprained ankle! Don't let the stairs put you off, it's all part of the charm of Paris.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

As the hotel we normally stay in has had an upgrade I decided to find somewhere less expensive in the same area, after a lot of reseach I found Louvre Richelieu, although we could have booked a 4 star for the same price through Eurostar I just really liked the look of it and the location. We were not disappointed, the room as others have said was small but had everything you needed, the bed was very comfortable with lovely pillows and the bathroom with rain shower was fabulous. We overlooked the street which although quite narrow is fairly busy with cars but being on the 4th floor it was not a problem. I had read there was no lift so we travelled fairly light. The Receptionists were very friendly and helpful, there was a lovely bakery a couple of doors along and two general stores just across the road. Although we did not eat in the immediate vicinity the restaurants all looked lovely, with many people queuing on Friday night to gets tables, the area had a really nice buzz to it and it is so close to everywhere, the Palais Royal is literally two minutes away, a real little gem, I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: The Comfort Room was a good choice, there are only two standard rooms and I think I read they will b...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We booked this room because it was recently remodeled, only allowed non-smokers and because of it's location. We were not disappointed. The staff was great (spoke very good English-my French is not so great). The family room was perfect for 2 adults and 1 child (3 beds). The room was small (not tiny) but we did not go to Paris to spend a lot of time in the room. The Wifi worked great in the room. The only thing that was not perfect about the room was that water from the shower made a small puddle on the bathroom floor (the drain in the floor was not quite right). The only other issue with the hotel was that there were many narrow stairs to climb (no lift). All in all it was a great value and very comfortable. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: The remodeled family room with 2 beds was wonderful. Request a room on a lower floor so you will not...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nantes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful (we spoke in French, but I think they speak English as well). The place was CLEAN. The only two things that make this mixed are

1. I had a non-renovated room - I was going for something cheap because I was in Paris for training, paying for it all myself and knew I wouldn't be there much. And wow - it's been a while since I've stayed in a place this shabby. Clean! But shabby. But clean!

2. Hair dryer. If a hairdryer is essential to you, consider bringing your own. They have one at the desk that you must fetch, use and return. I'm not sure what i would have done if it had been "in use" by someone else when I needed to get showered and out the door for my training.

However, location is unbelievable and the people are very nice. So, maybe spend a bit more for the renovated room and enjoy the location!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Having read the other reviews for this hotel I decided to book a renovated room at €169 for one night in a double room. Our room was at the top of the hotel (4 flights of stairs as no lift) and thankfully we only had an overnight case, so easy enough. The staff are very welcoming and helpful and will help you get around Paris on foot or by transport. The room was very nicely decorated albeit small and there was some dust on the light fixtures and no blind (that I could see) for the roof window, so light was coming through from 7am (Thankfully it was a dull day) In the bathroom there was a rain shower (no bath) which was lovely, however a lot of the water went out onto the main bathroom area which was a little annoying. Breakfast is charged the night before at €14 per person and really it may be better to find a nice coffee shop nearby rather than the croissant and coffee and fruit that was offered as not good value for money and served in a very plain room. All in all I would stay here again as a great location and great staff, however would look around as other branded hotels also in the area

Room Tip: Renovated rooms and on lower levels
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyndonville, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Our trip was perfect in large part due to the amazing personal service we recieved by this hotel mgr and front desk reps. Amazing, friendly, helpful. We stayed in one of the newly remodeled rooms, great bath and very comfortable. Breakfast was perfect and we had new places to try for dinner each nite thanks to the help of Joel. Perfect week in Paris-miss it already.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Hotel Louvre Richelieu? Share your experiences!