“Nice stay in Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Varenne

You added Hotel de Varenne to your Saves list
Hotel de Varenne
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   44 Rue de Bourgogne, 75007 Paris, France (Tour Eiffel / Invalides)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #80 of 1,774 Hotels in Paris
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Nice stay in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 days in Paris and we decided to reserve at Hotel de Varenne after reading the good reviews on tripadvisor.
We had a very nice time there. The location is second to none in the 7th arrondissement, near Rodin museum and the invalides.
Our room was very quiet on the garden side with a perfect comfort and a lot of space for our big suitcases.
We had dinner in a restaurant called "Le Basilic" recommended by the receptionist and this was very good and reasonable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

A romantic hotel in the heart of Paris, with a fantastic location close from everything.
My husband and I enjoyed our stay at le Varenne.
The positive attitude of the staff is a real plus. They are always friendly, professional and willing to help and serve. Upon arrival we have been suggested to dowload the application of the hotel on our iphone, this helped us a lot with lots of good tips about restaurants, museums, shopping.
Ouir room was large and clear with nice furniture and cosy decoration. The bathroom was brand new and perfectly clean with comfortable towels. The price of 209 € a night is reasonable.
The breakfast delivered to our room is excellent with nice french "baguette" and very good viennoiseries.
We don't hesitate to recommend this hotel and to go back soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is very cosy and ideally located.
Staff has been perfectly polite and helpful. They gave lots of good tips for restaurants and visits.
We recommend to reserve a superior room, the one we had, this is very comfortable and we had plenty of space for our suitcases. Beds are super comfortable and the a/c is perfect too.
We hope to be back for a longer stay next time.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I went to Paris for two nights just before Easter. I thought we were paying £199 for two nights (very good value I thought) but it turned out to be £199 per night room only- poor value indeed for what we got.
Room was clean and pleasant but small - no room to swing the proverbial cat. Bathroom a good size, but with separate toilet.
Staff not particularly helpful - we asked for info about Bateaux Mouches and told to look it up ourselves on the hotel computer. At nearly £200 a night I would expect the reception staff to do this for you.
Being in the civil service/diplomatic area of Paris, little open at the weekend and restaurant prices skyhigh (although we found this all over Paris).
I know Paris is expensive, but what you get for the high prices is generally of poor quality - they ought to come to London and see how interesting, tasty good restaurant food is done!
Highly recommend visit to Rodin Museum - just up the road - and it's only one euro to get into the sculpture garden - best value in Paris I reckon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
varenne75, Propriétaire at Hotel de Varenne, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to send a review concerning our hotel.
I am happy you enjoyed your room and found it clean and pleasant. Yes it's it's a little bit small it's true. But you reserved a "classic double room with shower" the cheapest and smallest type of room in our hotel and the size of each room is clearly indicated on our website. This kind of room is comfortable but it has limited space and we always advice our tourist guests to reserve it preferably for short stays. Otherwise our superior or executive rooms are much larger and more suitable for longer stays.
I'm so sorry about the confusion concerning the rate of your room. As I explained you when you checked out this cannot be 199 £ (169 Euro) for 2 nights in a 3 star hotel in the very center of Paris. Please check this on the internet, you will see that our rate is the normal price in our category (same as in London). I understand you were disappointed but we are not accountable for your misunderstanding when your reserved. This is the first time one of our guests is confused with the price, we have a very clear information on our online booking engine. It confirms you with the price by night and the total amount of your stay.
Concerning the problem with the Bateaux Mouches, I'm going to inquire to know who answered you like this. This is not the way I like my staff to treat our guests. Please accept my excuses for this problem. We are here to assist you at any time you need informations, this is our job and our pleasure.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. If you decide to give us a second chance for your future stay in Paris, I'll personally take care of your comfort and satisfaction.
Kind regards.

Jean-Marc POMMIER
Owner and Director
Oceanside, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel was in a very nice section of Paris. A fantastic launching point to the wherever you wanted to go. You never wanted to come back to the hotel at night though. The rooms were miniscule and lacked charm. The staff were accommodating when required.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
varenne75, Propriétaire at Hotel de Varenne, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about our hotel.
We are happy you enjoyed our nice location and our accomodating staff.
You mention that " the rooms were miniscule and lacked of charm"; So sorry but you can't speak about the "rooms"in general, this comment concerns your room, the one your reserved. You are right the classic double room with shower is small (not miniscule) but this is clearly indicated on our website (modest sized room of 118 sqft yet comfortable but preferably for short stays) to avoid any bad surprise when you arrive. I respectfully would like to remind you that you stayed with us for 7 nights this is not a short stay and you should have been prepared to have limited space. For long stays our superior or executive are much more comfortable and spacious.
The lack of charm is your appreciation and I respect it. But I would like to tell you that we usually are described by our guests as a charming and cosy hotel. My wife and I personally take a great care of the decoration. I regret you didn't appreciate it.
If you ever decide to come back to Paris and reserve in our hotel. We wiil be happy to welcome you again in a larger room for your comfort.
Kind regards.

Jean-Marc POMMIER
Owner and Manager
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is right in the middle of everything. My husband and I were able to walk to every tourist destination. The hotel is in the 7th arrondissement (areas of Paris designated by zip code) which is home to the prime minister, so the area is extremely safe and nice. The staff were extremely friendly & helpful (we had read otherwise on several reviews). The only complain we have is that the shower curtains were a bit awkward. Oh, and the toilet seats are extremely uncomfortable (T.M.I.). But, these issues are definitely easy to overlook because the great qualities of The Hotel de Varenne. We would stay here again and again!!

Room Tip: We were in room 21 and loved it!!