“clean small hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,052 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Cairo, Egypt
“clean small hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

lovely rooms but very small , clean sheets and nice minibar , stuff is nice , great location and near everything . cousey room and nice WC. very nice price .
metro and MC Donald JUST 10 STEPS AWAY AND BAKERY NEXT DOOR.

Room Tip: Room 208 is bitter than 209
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Quite probably the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. With an en suite where you have to sit sideways on the toilet if you are over 5'2, if you are looking for a big spacious room, this isn't for you.

That being said, when you are slap bang in the middle of the fabulous 15ieme Arrondissement, who wants to stay in the room?

Lovely typical French bakery right next door, Metro a minute away and lovely shops and restaurants all around. The location is perfect!

Rooms are clean, tidy (balcony on the top floor) and are good value as Paris goes.

Staff friendly enough, not very talkative but certainly not rude and have good English.

For the Paris explorer that wants to avoid hostel dorms, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Its a pretty good hotel for the price.decently sized, clean rooms and a perfect location, just a 15 min walk to the eiffel tower, plus there is a metro station just a min away!.theres a mc.donalds across the street and several departmenal stores around.found the owner a tad rude but otherwise I would recommend it for a budget stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

i have been coming to this hotel for a few years. it is clean nice well positioned . good service. it became my house in Paris . stuff is nice . they put in a new minibar. the room safe is charged 1 euro a day *( the was new). the location is perfect. i will return.

Room Tip: rooms facing the street have street noise but i like it!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Monmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We spent a couple of nights here for Christmas 2013 and it was a really positive experience.
Right in the centre of the city, ideal for a 10minute walk to all the sights and markets.
The room was compact but fine if you know each other well! It was very clean and comfortable-didn't have much noise so had a good night's sleep.
We found the staff really helpful and pleasant. Let them sort out a return taxi to airport for you-brilliant service and saves you a fortune on regular taxis. They let us leave our baggage in the hotel on the leaving day too.
Late checkout time of 12 is a bonus.
Would recommend :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff wasn't rude but wasn't friendly either. They seemed a bit troubled with any question or request. The WORST part of the whole room was this odd smell that I couldn't figure out at first - I kept telling my husband I didn't feel good, my stomach was turning and the smell was making me physically sick. Later he realized that the smell was moth balls?? I've never come in contact with moth balls so I wasn't sure but it RUINED my coat - I literally couldn't wear my coat the rest of the week I was in Paris/Belgium because it was soo overwhelmingly stinky and it was making me sick. I haven't been able to get the smell out yet. I'm getting it dry cleaned tomorrow. Other than that - we had to walk through the courtyard (outside) and up some steep stairs to get to our room- no biggie. The room came with 2 beds pushed together - we took it because it was all that was available. The room is tiny, the hair dryer was ancient...so ancient it was not longer working. I had to ask the front desk for a hair dryer - they said it was currently checked out. I had to go back down and ask for it again later and turn it in every time I was done with it (with no guarantee that it would be available the next time I needed it). That was less than convenient. The shower was tiny - we had to turn sideways to get in and we are average weight but again - that stuff doesn't really matter to us too much.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Saphir Grenelle Hotel? Share your experiences!