“Hotel Montpellier Dont stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Montpellier
64 Boulevard Rochechouart | 18th Arr., 75018 Paris, France (Montmartre)   |
Ranked #1,654 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Domfront, France
“Hotel Montpellier Dont stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for my son who was travelling from Thailand with his wife and three young sons. The room he was shown was not fit for purpose. No fire escape, beds up on a mezzaine so long drop for young boys. Room led straight into bathroom The hotel said they wouldnt charge but took money out on my credit card and would not refund although they said THEY WOULD NOT CHARGE. A horrible hotel in a dangerous area according to the taxi driver

Room Tip: I would not advise going to this hotel
Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The cleaner stole my Iphone charger and was probably looking for my Iphone but I had it with me in my bag. I also left my shampoo and conditioner in the communal shower accidentally and someone stole them. The floor was dirty in our room, very stubborn dirt which can’t be cleaned. Our room was only cleaned once in 7 days. There is no lift so we had to climb 4 flights of stairs with our heavy suitcases containing 7 days worth of clothes. Some of the receptionists didn’t speak English so it was very hard to communicate. The surrounding area is seedy to say the least. The sink makes odd guttural noises that woke us up numerous times. Choose somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly and helpful staff,always someone at reception to help. We were apprehensive about the hotel due to the reviews,however, we could not fault the hotel based on what you pay. Hotel was very clean,and our room was serviced everyday with new towels etc. better value than staying at a hostel!! Tube station right outside the door and location is brilliant!markets there on weekend which are good! Also free wifi which was very helpful! Overall great hotel and a brilliant stay!!

• Stayed June 2013
Oslo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Hotel Montpellier in Paris is close to Anvers-station and Monmartre. That is probably the only positive thing to say about it. Now we stayed at the big family room which has an entresol build in with two beds on top and stairs. This room was big and good to be in when the kids where sleeping. They liked it because it was a "funny" room, it was very different from all the standard hotel rooms which are the same all over the world. Still, nothing was in the room, no tv, no fridge, no water cooker. It is not a very safe place with fire (hard to get out). The hotel is old and without any charm.The stairs are small, difficult to get luggage around. The hotel is well placed near Monmartre, and close to many restaurants, which makes it easy to eat different places close to the hotel, cheap, nice and good. The price (180 euros without breakfast, in November) too high. But families with a sense og humour who likes "something different" might consider the big five person family room.

Room Tip: Big, but very basic family room in Monmartre.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dieppe, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Please never go to this hotel... I think just by reading the other reviews, you'll understand... Fire trap, tight staircase, so if you are stuck in the 4th floor and their is a fire, forget it... You need to jump! Need to put this building down and rebuild it again! The toilet (i think as old as the building!) is at the end of the corridor... And i would never dare use the shower.... We remover the top sheet on our bed as it was dirty, the mattress was old, dirty and we had spring coming out of it! No joke! Glad i had a tetanus shot before my trip! The floor is all detached and it's dangerous to fall... I didn't look for bed bugs as i was afraid! Believe me, i would have change hotel, but it was fashion week in Paris, so forget it! I can't believe i paid 100euros for this place that i would not even leave my dog in! So, I am begging u, don't encourage this place! Sleep elsewhere, they need to do something and renovate!

Room Tip: Nothing to add
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lima, Peru
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed with my mom and brother in 2 rooms quite small indeed, but we could not ask for more for the price. In my brother had just pipe and our shower drain. The water was in another room outside the room on each floor. The hotel was being painted. Two days beds not made because of the different receptionists English was very poor and do not understand. The worst was cleaning, but I tended bed or sweeping or vacuuming used. The location itself was very good, 3 blocks from the Sacre Coeur and facing a quiet street with bus stop and subway. I would stay in the area but not crazy at the same hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Montpellier? Share your experiences!