“Amazing stay in this new hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eugene en Ville

You added Hotel Eugene en Ville to your Saves list
Hotel Eugene en Ville
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Rue Buffault Paris | 9th Arr., 75009 Paris, France (Opera / Bourse)   |
Ranked #434 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing stay in this new hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I took a last minute trip into Paris and ended up booking 3 nights at this hotel using the Hotel Tonight app. I was very pleasantly surprised at how nice it was! I was so close to everywhere I wanted to go. It was literally a 20 minute walk to the Marais and the Luvre, and 25 to the Champs Elysee and Sacred Heart Basillica. There's also a few metro stops in the vicinity and some great cafes, even a vegan juice shop! I was traveling solo and my room was the perfect room for me. I thought the dark decor was really hip and reminded me of the Ace Hotel in Manhattan. My room was spacious for Europe, though the fact that there was wall separating the bathroom could be a little weird if I was traveling with someone else. I really enjoyed the breakfast and room service was great. I loved the toiletries and the linens were so lush. My only gripe was that room services only goes til 11 and the menu, centered around the oyster bar downstairs, is limited and I wish there had been some kind of coffee maker/tea kettle in my room since the weather was cold and it would've been nice to make myself a warm beverage. I would absolutely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with another person and don't want them to see all your business, definitel...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Miguel P, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hi Megan,

Thank you so much for your review! It makes us really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, here at Eugène en Ville. We are glad you fancied the design of our guest rooms and and common areas, and being an Ace Hotel fan myself I definitely take the analogy as a compliment!
We are indeed located in a very convient and central area of Paris, which makes it easier for our guests to walk around and visit all the little gems this city has to offer.
As for the room service, we are working on diversifying our menu and we will definitely keep in mind the possibility of extending our opening ours as well as finding alternatives in case one of our guests craves a late night treat.
Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and I, along with the whole team, I look forwward to seeing soon here chez Eugène.

- Miguel Plantier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

This hotel was a part if a fantastic winter vacation in Paris.
Stayed with my wife and another couple for 4 nights.
The hotel is brand new. Decorated uniquely with dark decors and dark atmosphere. To my taste, too dark...
The staff are very very friendly and helpful.
Rooms are tiny. Really tiny. But, as you expect from this new boutique hotel, the room is specially decorated and extremely clean.
The shower, with the huge soft shower head, causes you to stay there forever...
Beds are so comfortable!
Hotel location is perfect. Endless selection of nearby restaurants, cafés , pubs, shops.
Didn't take hotel breakfast, since we prefer the Parisian Boulanger... But, the breakfast looked rich and inviting.
Price of about 165 USD per night through Expedia (fly and hotel deal).
Great value for money.
Definitely recommend!
Eyal

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Miguel P, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hi Eyal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I'm glad that you liked our room design that was very well though out to be both visually pleasant and functional. Our double rooms range from 14 to 20 m2 (141 to 205 sq feet), which apparently felt to small for you. To address our guest's needs, we have superior and deluxe rooms available at Eugène en Ville, which are substantially larger. Next time you choose to stay with us, I would recommend you to upgrade to on of those, as you would have a much more spacious room that will still feature that spacious rain shower cabins that you liked so much or even a generous bathtub. Seeing that you felt that the décor is to dark, I would also recommend you to specity that you would like to stay in a beige room (half of our rooms are beige, the other half is a little darker).
I would also like to thank you for your compliments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, as my housekeeping team strives to make the property spotless every single day.

I look forward to seeing you and your friends soon at Eugène.

Best regards,
Gederah, HaMerkaz, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I want to start with the good points. The location is fantastic-centre of the city, less than a minute's walk from 2 metro stations, 10 minute walk to Gallery Laffayett and surrounded by restsurants and cafes.
The staff were lovely - professional and polite, pleasant and helpful.
The room i didnt like. Although brand new, clearly the room is designed for a single businessman in town for a night or two. For us as a couple, the room was very small, hard to get around without bumping into eachother. The closet was so small I had to pile 5 days-worth of clothes onto one very small, narrow shelf; the only shelf. There was no room to store the suitcase or place shoes.
The bathroom had no door and the shower door was clear, see-through glass. Personally, i like complete privacy when I shower. And there was no where to place the soap but on the floor !!
The bed was fantastic - very comfortable matress and luxurious linen.
The decor was morbid. All black: the walls, curtains and carpet. My husband loved it...

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Maya,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our central location, as well as our frindly and attentive staff.
As for the decor, it is unfortunately extremely hard to pleae everyone, and as you just mentioned, your husband loved it. While we were developping the hotel, we wanted to create a dimmed down and more intimate ambiance, combined with the open bathrooms that give a little voyeur touch to it.
However, knowing that our guests have different needs and expectations, we do have rooms that are painted in a lighter beige and where the bathroom is seperated of the bedroom.
Next time you chose to stay with us, please specify that you would rather stay in one of those roms: you will still have the same amenities, same bed and same linens you loved so much.
I look forward to welcoming you soon at Eugène en Ville and, again, thank you so much for your review.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was looking for accommodation near the shopping belt for my wife and we chanced on this new hotel. We previously stayed at another hotel further down Rue Lafayette. It was literally new, no reviews on Tripadvisor, and we decided to take the risk. Even the cab driver was a little lost with the address, but it wasn't too hard since it was our 2nd trip to the area.
Checking in, I think you could even smell the "new-ness" of the area and my wife was apprehensive. The reception was warm and we were pleasantly surprised and impressed with the décor. We took the superior double room and it was spacious with good amenities.
The small oyster bar restaurant is excellent, the window view while not streetview, offered a cosy little corner to enjoy your day.
We stayed 4 nights and the staff were friendly and very accommodating. Its a great boutique hotel, love the all-black interior and rain-shower!
Will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Miguel P, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Simon,

Thank you so much for your review. Your feedback is most important to us here at Eugène en Ville. I'm glad to hear that our staff was friendly and accommodating to you and your wife, and that you enjoyed our signature décor and amenities.

Along with the whole Eugène en Ville team, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

assistant general manager
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The room, the breakfast, the staff, the location, the décor, the hospitality …all was great;
My wife and I adored this Hotel, very close to everything, yet, very calm,
I was in Business trip, my wife in vacation; it was very easy for us to go for business meetings and for shopping, and even walking there was nice;
I believe that I will stay at this nice hotel in my next trip to Paris, especially if they keep on the same quality and the same prices

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Msoso, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Walid

Your comments are very important for us, and we are very happy to notice that you enjoyed your stay @ the hotel for both segments; business & pleasure...
For your next trip to Paris, you are the most welcome, please don't hesitate to contact us.

The Eugène En Ville team.
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I spent 7 nights at this hotel, it was very nice, very calm hotel, the staff was very nice and helpful, this is very clean hotel, breakfast is great, Le bar a huitres superbe, the location is near everything you want, especially metro and bus;
in brief this is an EXCELENT Hotel

Room Tip: all rooms are fine
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chadia H.

Thank you for your stay at Hotel Eugène En Ville. Glad to hear that you loved our hotel, and we hope to see you again in the near future @Eugène En Ville.

The Eugène En Ville team.
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

If you like the Hotel du Vin brand in England then you'll love this hotel! It's quiet, calming and has a young personality that belies the decor which is baroque with a sharp modern twist. The mixed continental breakfast was perfect, hot, fresh and delivered exactly on time. The hotel team were all polite and enthusiastic and genuinely I couldn't have asked for more.

I was met on checkout by the chef d'hotel (Director) Jean Jacques who greeted me by name which was a first, so as it transpires was I, the first resident. I'd like to publicly thank Jean Jacques and his entire team for what was the best service I've in a Parisienne hotel. You have the right ingredients and I wish you every success and thanks you all again for turning what was looking like a disaster into a fantastic stay in Paris.

SG

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Msoso, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Eugene en Ville, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear gmansathome

We appreciate your kind remarks on our services and we hope to welcome you soon again.

The Eugene en Ville Hotel team

Been to Hotel Eugene en Ville? Share your experiences!