“Budget hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,629 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Nottingham
“Budget hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you are staying in Paris on a very small budget I guess this is what you get. The room had a great view but that's where the positives end. Mould, curtains hanging off rails, bedding could do with a hot wash and the bathroom I couldn't use however did look clean (discarding the mould). The neighbourhood seemed ok we didn't feel threatened etc. it's in a good location again if you are staying on a budget. I don't know why I didn't see the reviewer's photos on trip advisor as they are true to what you get. I must have had a weak moment.
The young lady on reception was very nice too.
All I can say is this is a budget hotel in an expensive city. If you want a room you can do more than sleep in, I suggest spending more money.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room for the view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you are in Paris on budget and want comfortable place on location with great connection for every spot, I recommend this hotel. Staff is extremely friendly and professional. Breakfast is typical continental and it’s better to go earlier, because dinning room is small and can be very crowded. Rooms are ok, clean and this time we took room with the view. It’s bigger then standard double room and additional fee was 10 Euros per night for the room. On the other side of hotel is supermarket (works every day and on Sunday till 13.00) and the next street is full of bakeries and shops with fresh fruit. Mc Donald’s is on the first corner.
This was our second stay and we will be back, I hope, soon.

Room Tip: Rooms with the view are larger and quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and my Girlfriend traveled here for 3 nights to experience valentines day in Paris. The hotel is close to the Charles De Gaulle airport which is handy only a 20-30 minute drive. BE WARNED, do not use the rank taxi service to the hotel as we got charged 80 euros and it should of been 45 at the most!!! The hotel in itself is very clean and the staff are very polite. There was a computer with Internet access located in the reception area which was free to use which was useful to search for restaurants or attractions. You get free wifi in rooms which was a massive bonus for us. The only slight downfall was the location on the hotel. The area seemed rough and intimidating especially in the evenings. I do no advise staying here if you are travelling alone. There are a few places to eat and a McDonald's and KFC on your doorstep for food on the go. The metro is a 2 minute walk and is very easy to follow for all languages. And only 20-25 minutes away from main attractions. Eg Eiffel Tower, Charles de Gaulle. There was also a cheap supermarket opposite the hotel which was very handy for amenities for the rooms. Eg drink, snacks. Overall it was a very pleasant stay in one of the best cities I have ever visited. Although would try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed February 2013
Thomas C, Gérant at Iliade Montmartre, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for the advice you wrote on our page with all the good points.
However, arround our hotel there is so many tipical french restaurants and not only KFC or MacDonald's.
We are very astonished that the taxi charged you 80 Euros to go to the airport that cost a maximum 70 euros in case of strong traffic jam, we will make an investigation to find out out what happened !

We hope to welcome you another time in our hotel

Kind regards
Thomas
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I've stayed at the Iliade hotel twice. The first time was at the end of November 2009 and most recently in April 2012.

The rooms now have flat screen tv's mounted on the wall and a few channels are in English.

Reception staff are warm, friendly, and helpful. You can book events at reception if you haven't pre-booked them already before leaving.

Breakfast gets a little "tight" in the small room they have on the ground floor, but they have space for about 12 or 16 people on different size tables. It's continental breakfast but there's plenty to go round.

You can choose from tea, coffee, hot chocolate, warm milk, juice, cereal, different jams, bread rolls, crossaints and other types of food. It's buffet aswell and costs 7 euros per person per day.

When you leave the hotel, turn left and walk to the end of the street and there's a train station where you can get to the many different sights in Paris along with bus stops dotted around. There's also a mc d's at the end of the street and other places where you can eat, drink and hang out.

It's a decent clean place to stay and if you want to have more money to spend then stay at this hotel. I didn't care if my bed wasn't made everyday because I'm more than capable of making my own bed. I also didn't care if my sheets weren't changed everyday. As if any of us literally change our bed sheets at home daily. Ok, so at home we're not on holiday, but see past the moaning reviews and it isn't such a bad place. I'd happily stay here again. My room was clean, warm, there's a tv in my room with a few English channels and it's really close to Gard da nord station so if you want to jump in a taxi, you can do so without it costing a lot (or you can get the train a few stops).

I don't remember there being tea/coffee making facility in my room. I did bring my own travel kettle just incase as I'm funny with hotel kettles which haven't been descaled.

Room Tip: I requested a room at the front of the hotel as high up as possible. I love opening the french door...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
home
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I have travelled throughout Europe and this is without doubt the worst hotel we have ever stayed. Bad location, through the night noise, disgustingly dirty, small beyond belief - you have been warned. No stars is the appropriaterating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

First night was a pretty horrible experience. My brother and I arrived at 2230, sketched out by the violent fighting in the street and the sirens filling the air. When we got to the front desk, he was confused about our reservation and gave us a double bed room, not what we asked for obviously. We complained and got another room key which led to an already occupied room with another double bed and it's occupants were half naked. Third times a charm and we finally got a room with 2 single beds. The walls are not sound proof by any means, our bathroom floor was sticky and had brown spots, as well as the light fixtures did not work. We only had to stay two nights and were extremely thankful it was not for more. A plus side to this place is how close it is to the metro, 2 min walk max.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We booked this hotel for 4 nights in Paris in April 2010. We selected it based on its location close to the metro (Portes de Clignancourt). The neighborhood is a bit dodgy, but as the walk to the metro was short it did not bother us. A few nice cafes nearby and grocery store just across the street. I was not expecting the Ritz, so the size and quality of the furniture and amenities were ok, however the maintenance of everything was inadequate. Sheets, bedspreads and towels were worn which is not too much a problem in iteself, but also not particularly clean. Same goes for the bathroom. There was mold in the shower and paint / wallpaper was peeling off in spots. The carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed in a while. We are not particularly picky so we go with basic choices most times, especially as we spend most of our time outside the hotel, but this one was particularly bad. I don't believe that I have ever stayed in a hotel this bad. I recommend selecting something else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Iliade Montmartre? Share your experiences!