“Great if you're on a budget (booked through venere)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of le 55 montparnasse Hotel

You added le 55 montparnasse Hotel to your Saves list
le 55 montparnasse Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 rue de Plaisance, 75014 Paris, France (Formerly Kyriad) (Montparnasse)   |
Ranked #853 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Great if you're on a budget (booked through venere)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of this hotel is great, it is a minute walk right from the Pernety station on the 13 metro line. The bed is nice and big and very comfortable. However, I was not happy about the woman who worked at the front desk. I am very confused by why she would go into the hospitality business as she was very cold and seemed to always have an issue when speaking to us, as if we were bothering her. Our bathroom smelled like cigarettes which was gross. They didn't replenish the toiletries each night, and I would suggest anybody staying here bring their own as they did not provide lotion or conditioner, and the shampoo was a combination with body wash so it was not effective.

Room Tip: Ask to have one of the rooms farthest from the elevator/stairs.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just across from the metro . Staff were very kind and helpful that was everyone .
Breakfast was good . Room was clean and a good size for the three of us . Would definitely stay again. Easy access into paris . Plenty of places to eat . Two supermarkets nearby .

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's a pretty hotel although the rooms are a little bit small, the breakfast is great with cereal, eggs, fruit, cheese, ham and the coffee is delicious! We where like 4 days, the attendance in the front desk and at the breakfast area is great, they're very kind and gentle.
The only thing I didn't like very much is that the waitress don't do very good the cleaning of the rooms and the elevator have some spider webs, despite of that is a good hotel with a great, it has a subway station like 30 meters distance form the the hotel

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

Nothing to share about the hotel room, it was a normal and ordinary room however bit disappointed that we did not had connecting room since they don't have any and when book the room i mention that we had 6 and 3 years old kids with us
Hotel is located in a very convenience are where you can get one you need in a step away Metro is only less that 1 minute walking, plenty choices of restaurant to eat in walking distance, pharmacy and even souvenir and flower shop
Nice place to stay if you want to have everything around you

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

We stayed here for our 20th wedding anniversary, when it was still the Kyriad Montparnasse. (My review says "April 2014" since that is as far back as tripadvisor allows, though we stayed here much earlier than that.) It is a small hotel located in the 14th (I think). Great location, right across from the Pernety metro station. Our room was small (but I was expecting as much) and anyway, I wasn't in Paris to sleep! It was clean, comfortable, and I remember the staff being very helpful. The hotel had a restaurant but we didn't use it since I remember that there were quite a few restaurants and shops in the surrounding areas. I especially remember a very nice bakery with delicious beignets down the street. An affordable, no frills option to staying in the city center. I'd rather spend my precious Euros on the seeing the sites and eating the food in Paris anyway! I would definitely stay here again, but I would ask for the room with the terrace (I can't remember the room number, though.)

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the terrace!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015 via mobile

This hotel has an excellent localization, right in front of Pernety Station. The room is clean and quiet. I would definitely recommend. The only think that it doesn't have is breakfast included, but there is an amazing bakery on the side of it.

le55montparnasse, Responsable hebergement at le 55 montparnasse Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2015
Dear guest,
Thank you for this feedback and the kind comments about your recent stay at 55 Hotel Montparnasse. We’re glad that we replied that well to your expectations and that you were pleased with the location, the cleanliness, and the comfortable room. Don’t hesitate to contact us for having a promotional offer with breakfast included for your return trip to Paris
Nadia/Direction
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014 via mobile

When I take shower water is leaked from bathroom to floor carpet outside the bathroom (I discovered that on my second day but I didn't complain because I didn't want the hassle of changing the room/ my fault I know)

Good staff

No drinks or food allowed in room (buy u can order from the hotel)

Room is too small

Been to le 55 montparnasse Hotel? Share your experiences!