“Physically and verbally assaulted by night time clerk.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Darcet

Save Saved
You added Hotel Darcet to your Saves list
Hotel Darcet
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 rue Darcet | 17 Arr., 75017 Paris, France (Batignolles-Monceau)   |
Ranked #89 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Boston, Massachusetts
“Physically and verbally assaulted by night time clerk.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My girlfriend and I stayed here because of the price and great reviews. On our first night (tonight, August 26) we asked for an extra pillow, the clerk told me to come down and get it. Never been told that before but went down anyway. I said to the clerk "Bonjour, extra pillow", he then stood up, put his finger in my face and barked at me saying how rude I was "when you're in someone's house, that is not how you ask". I did asked in a respectful way and this is a hotel, not his house!Told him I no longer wanted the pillow using a few choice words and he ran out of his desk and pushed me out of the way of the elevator. He told me to get the F out of his hotel before he called the police.... I went back to my room and the police came knocking 30 minutes later. My girlfriend explained to the police in French what had happed and thankfully the police took our side, the clerk flipped out even more, several customers opened their doors to see what was happening (PLEASE IF YOU STAYED HERE AUGUST 26 PLEASE RESPOND). This man was completely out of control, swearing and threatening us in English so that the police wouldn't understand, he tried barging through my girlfirend to get in our room. After police allowed us to stay, we left 20 minutes later anyway for safety concerns after all the threats. When we tried to leave, he locked the front door, so we called the police to let us out! The police had to show up TWICE!! I'm shocked at how lenient the French police are when it comes to threats and physical contact to not only tourists, but women! In the U.S. the police would have viewed the security tapes and locked him up. This is all on the hotel security camera's, we are definitely going back tomorrow to speak with the owner and get our money back and hopefully have disciplinary action taken on this lunatic.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
hoteldarcet, Gérant at Hotel Darcet, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Ladies and Gentlemen,
it is not my habit to respond to comments and criticisms about the hotel Darcet, whether good or less well, though, however we took knowledge every day in an effort to improve service to the extent possible.
However concerning this notice which is purely and simply slander and lies so I'm forced to make a response to tell the facts as they were held to leave you alone judges
This very serious attack, under cover of anonymity, is to damage our image.
Image forged by the serious, work, courage, professionalism of the entire team and the quality of Darcet hotel.
The friend of this person has reserved a single room, so for a person, August 11, 2014 for 4 nights from August 23 2014.
The first three days there was no problem.
On the fourth day, August 26, 2014, the person who left this review comes with her at the hotel and said that it's just for a visit because they are friends.
Around 21:30 they returned together, I then advised that if the guest was sleeping at the hotel that there would be an extra 10 euros, this detail is on the reservation of Booking.com.
On this individual began argued that it was not normal and that his friend had a double room etc ...
I replied that I may be mistaken, and that I was going to retest the reservation after checking it turned out that I was not mistaken.
The customer paid a bit against heart, but that's understandable.
Ten minutes later she calls me on the phone in the room to ask me an extra pillow.
I reply that it is possible and asks her to come to the lobby to take it.
It is this individual going down, the way he asked me the pillow angered me because there was no politeness or courtesy, both in his attitude or his manner of speaking.
I asked him to be polite, he told me to keep my pillow and insulted me "F..k off".
I told him then, having very badly, he had to leave the hotel because it is unacceptable to insult people for no reason, I gave him fifteen minutes to do this.
Meanwhile I informed his friend that I had been insulted by his guest and that he had to leave the hotel.
Thirty minutes pass without leaves.
I then call the room to inform them that if the person who insulted me never left the hotel that I would be forced to call the police.
The woman told me to call the police, that's what I did.
Police arrived about 45 minutes later.
When we explained the police told me that having accepted and cashed the 10 euro supplement was that I could no longer demand the departure of this individual and about the insult he had uttered against me if I wished I had only to go to file a complaint against him.
I was very angry and frustrated but I had no choice but to accept it and to remember the lesson.
Thirty minutes later they both go down with their luggage and run into the exit, I ask the room key.
The client tells me, no, it's her room and did not want to return the key and that if I wanted the key and although I only had to pay back the night.
I refund 10 euros for the extra person, but not the rest because it was 23:30.
I knew they were going and if I do not recuperating the key now that I never see it again.
I have a bit insisted and reminded the client than the previous days she always return ​​the key coming out, nothing to do.
Not being there to intimidate, coerce, or to fight with customers so I decided to close the door and call the police again.
This time the police arrived within five minutes.
Meanwhile I was steeped in all kinds of insults especially from the woman, frustrated that she was not yet able to play a trick on me.
The most serious is that the person who posted this review show me a TripAdvisor badge attached to his suitcase and told me he works for TripAdvisor and would create me big problems.
If it is true that he works for TripAdvisor, it's pretty embarrassing to behave in this way the image of such an institution brand.
After the police arrived, it took 20 minutes of discussion for she leaves the key and they left.
I would have preferred that this person will never come to the hotel because he is a cheater and a liar pretentious.
It is not allowed to insult and despise the people at the hotel Darcet.
Know that we will always continue to work very hard for the welfare of clients.
Samire.

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Just back from 4 day stay in Paris & can not fault our stay at the great Hotel Darcet. Originally we had booked for start of August but unfortunately had to cancel last minute & re-book for end of August. Our contact Samir could not have been more understanding. Although we lost our deposit he gave us a cheaper room rate for our changed dates to make up for it. Location was great in Montmarte for those who enjoy culture & relaxed atmosphere. 5 mins walk from Moulin Rouge & walking distance to Sacre Cour. Metro outside hotel so links to other major attractions really accessible. Samir was perfect host & couldn't have been more helpful with advice, local information & attending to our requests. He made our stay easy & pleasurable. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to experience the real Paris

• Stayed August 2014
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

great location, close to the metro, extremely friendly staff willing to help with every request. rooms were clean, a little small, but I think that's expected in paris. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything about the Hotel Darcet was wonderful. The location is perfect for exploring and relaxing with many amenities to keep you comfortable. I especially appreciated having the basic kitchen downstairs since eating out for every meal can get quite costly. The staff is great and really go above and beyond to make you feel special. Thanks to this place we had a great time in Paris.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Can't fault this place for location...super close to metro and surrounded by great restaurants. Breakfast is easy - there is a yummy bakery across the road and the hotel has a nespresso and lovely tea selection. Some weird rules with leaving your keys with them every time you leave and not eating food in your room...but exceptional cleanliness well outweighs this. Room was a good size for 2. Our only watch out...the bed.was.so.hard. Like call your chiropractor to book an advanced appointment hard. That aside, this place is a gem.

• Stayed August 2014
Uckfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a really good hotel that meets the high expectations set by the tripadvisor score and previous reviews. Recently renovated, it offers very clean accommodation with air conditioned rooms. Small, yes, but who needs big when you have Paris to explore!
The hotel punches above its two star rating and the staff do everything they can to make you feel welcome. There aren't tea / coffee making facilities in the room but there is a simple eating area at ground floor that has complimentary tea and coffee of good quality and the opportunity to use the basic kitchen that has a fridge, crockery and cutlery to get a makeshift breakfast together using ingredients from the bakers on the corner and the supermarket on the other side of the road.
If you are feeling flush, there are plenty of cafés to buy breakfast locally as an alternative.
The location of the hotel is pretty good with a metro station close by and only a twenty minute walk to the Sacre Coeur area that we found to have a wide choice of great little restaurants.
Rue Darcet is off the main drag and is therefore relatively quiet. There were some comments about the area being unsavoury at night but we didn't witness this other than the inevitable vagrants around the the Place De Clichy.
Great value for money, would definitely recommend.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has helped us fall in love with Paris. Our spotless room has everything we need down to air conditioning! The area is perfect with plenty of restaurants, food markets on weekend and a laundry down the road. The hosts speak English and very helpful. The Metro is within 3 minutes. Hint: Ask for the courtyard room.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Darcet? Share your experiences!