“trip in paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Darcet

Save Saved
You added Hotel Darcet to your Saves list
Hotel Darcet
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 rue Darcet | 17 Arr., 75017 Paris, France (Batignolles-Monceau)   |
Ranked #116 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
“trip in paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel was really clean and the stuff very friendly and helping. I would certainly visit it back and i suggested either to families or any other kind of travelers. At the first floor there is a small garden where you can have your coffee, beautiful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
romania, brasov
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel has a very good position, near metro station, in a quiet area, but not too quiet (you can drink a beer at midnight, if you want it); it is a supermarket right after the corner; and also a pastry; extremely clean- the towels were changed every day-I was impressed by this; my husband likes very much the quality of the room fittings, even the small lift is a very smart choice; Samir is a very polite and warm and funny host; they have mirrors all around, and that create the impression of a big space...
I'll recommend Darcet too all my friends visiting Paris; I also hope to come back with our sons

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Conveniently located gem with plenty of necessities nearby (supermarket, pastry shops, cafes). Very clean and peaceful surroundings. Gem of a stay. Desk staff were attentive to details and most helpful with suggestions for dining and transportation, in lieu of the train strikes. Couldnt have asked for more. Highly recommended for a centralized pitstop.

• Stayed June 2014
Belo horizonte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel very well located, close to the metro. Multiple options of restaurants and supermarkets. The rooms are small but very comfortable and clean. Did not have breakfast, but the hotel offered espresso coffe and tea cups. So we bought bread at the corner and ate at the hotel. Cost benefit excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is located in a quite street near the place de Clichy metro station. In the neighborhood there are a number of restaurants, bakeries, and supermarkets. We had a three-bed room and got a good night's sleep. We did not mind that the room was not large and the elevator was small. We liked the hotel very much because that we checked in at noon, the room was very clean, the wireless internet was fast and stable, the air conditioning was good, and the managers were polite, friendly, and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located in the Montmartre area and is only a few minutes walk to the metro at Place de Clichy and to numerous bus stops and bus destinations. (You can use your metro tickets on the buses). There are numerous cafes and restaurants in the locality and a mini supermarket and a couple of boulangeries close by.

The hotel itself has been refurbished and is spotlessly clean, There was a TV in the room and good wifi connectivity. The room we had was smallish but not too bad by Paris standards, we found the decor and lighting rather clinical. There was a small desk area in the room and a wardrobe for hanging clothes. The wardrobe had a very high shelf, too high to be much use and inconveniently there no drawers of any description to store clothes in.

The hotel does not provide breakfasts but has a breakfast room and good free coffee and tea. What most folk seem to do is to walk over to one of the nearby boulangeries to buy croissants etc for breakfast and take them back to the hotel to eat in the breakfast room. This worked really well for us.

The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. On the day that we left we had a late departure and they were only too happy to store our suitcases for us until we collected them in the afternoon.

I do like sink plugs. The sink in our bathroom did not appear to be designed to take one. Doing everything under running water does seem a waste and it makes shaving fiddly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My trip is still ongoing here at the Hotel Darcet, but I wanted to write a review before I leave as I have been so pleased with my stay here. I will admit from the outset that I almost cancelled my booking a few times - not because I didn't feel that the hotel was going to be bad, but because I am travelling with my almost-70 year old mum and I thought it wouldn't be to her taste, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I requested an early check-in and whilst we had to wait for about 20 minutes for our room to be ready, in that time Ziane, the guy in reception, made us very welcome by making us a cup of tea, chatting about our journey to Paris and spending time with us and helping to circle the map to show us where all the attractions were. Nothing has been too much trouble for him since we arrived. The room was extremely clean, with the service staff being polite and helpful. I cannot recommend this place highly enough, especially for the price we paid for the room - it is also close to the metro and not too far from the Gare du Nord, should you be coming from the train station. If I come to Paris again, I would not hesitate to stay here (Room 10). There are also lots of amenities nearby, including the Restaurant Melrose (a recommendation from Ziane - but that is for another review).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Darcet? Share your experiences!