“Excellent, cosy hotel in superb location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel

Save Saved
You added Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel to your Saves list
Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Arcade | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #1,504 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Dubai
“Excellent, cosy hotel in superb location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for 3 days to Paris in February. The location couldn't be better, literally a few steps from the Place de la Madeine, 5 minutes from the Opera, Champs Elysée and the Grands Magasins, perfect. The room was small but exquisitely decorated - by far one of the cosiest hotels I've ever stayed in and I will definitely be telling the secretary to reserve this hotel for all future visits to Paris.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I recently purchased a "Secret Sales Hotel" on Lastminute.com This was the hotel that they wrote about. On the Secret Sales Hotel site this sounded like an incredible Hotel. I can't complain much though, it is a GREAT 2-3 STAR Hotel. It is NOT a 4 Star Hotel, and not even close!
The rooms were recently updated apparently. Our Hotel room was very dark, the lighting was poor, one lamp was broken, and looked like a €3 IKEA lamp, it leaned to the side and was propped up by the sofa that was covered in a heavy blanket and tied at the bottom in a not as it was too large for the Love Seat. The tables were scratched and worn with drink rinks all over them, the chair was so wobbly I was afraid to sit in it, as I thought I'd break it and have to replace it. The beds were comfortable, I can't complain over this. We had cutlery sitting on our coffee table for 3 days, it was still there the morning we checked out..it was dirty and never removed from the room.... during cleanings. The room smelled moldy, as did the entire hotel, the carpets definitely need to be replaced throughout. In our room the carpets were deep red with a design, you could see stains all over the place, and the wobbly chair had stains all over the back rest and seat, it wasn't inviting. The location is right directly in Le Madeleine, which is great if you're a shopper and want to spend thousands of Euro's on handbags and clothes. I am not, and found the prices for everything absolutely ridiculous! A sandwich and salad with a bottle of water cost me €37, that's just insane. The usual price for this hotel is €360 a night, I would have flipped out if we paid this much for this hotel! We paid €500 for 4 nights, you can't really complain, unless I compare it to other hotels we've stayed at in Paris near the Louvre which were one bedroom apartments for the same cost. The staff is unconcerned with their guests, I watched as a much older man waited over 15 minutes for someone to acknowledge his request for a glass of wine and a taxi to go to the airport. Unfortunately this is the attitude often in largely tourist areas of Paris, you leave and a thousand new guests come.
My bottom line on this Hotel is that I would not stay here again....
They don't get customer service, and to me a proper 4 Star Rating is not just location, it's Service, Cleanliness, and amenities in the Hotel....Having to pay €22 a day for Wifi is truly beyond robbery!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room, as we had one of the larger rooms, and it was still rather small.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ARGAC, Manager at Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I have recently taken over as the Manager of the Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel in Paris and I would like to reply to some of the comments by clients. We pay close attention to clients' remarks and are very concerned with improving the quality of the hotel.

As one Trip Advisor member mentioned, renovation work has been carried out in the hotel in the last few months in order to comply with new safety regulations, and standards have been greatly improved. I would like to apologise to any guests who were inconvenienced by this work. Decoration has also received attention, with new wall coverings and bedding. Our aim was to provide more comfort for our guests.

As a result, the hotel has been awarded four stars in the new goverment-approved classification system. This recognition is your guarantee of a good standard of safety and comfort and encourages us in our aim to satisfy our guests and to ensure that they will stay with us again and again. The Beau Manoir is ideally located for business or leisure, right in the heart of Paris. We assure you that in 2013 we will do all we can to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Traveled with the family (2 adults, 3 young kids) on their (not my) first trip to Paris. This hotel was a DISASTER. Rooms were not bedded as they had committed. As a result, my wife and I had to stay in separate rooms (each of us with one or two of our kids) because our rooms ended up being on different floors, and there was no hotel security (e.g., night desk clerk didn't even look up when room key was requested, so ANYONE could have gotten our room keys). Then, one morning, woke up to find NO RUNNING WATER. Forget about showers; there wasn't even water to flush the toilets!

Additionally, maids would enter our rooms even if "do not disturb" signs were on door, and continue to enter, apparently oblivious to the fact that we were all still in bed. The rooms themselves were in terrible disrepair (e.g, door handles coming off in our hands,TVs received only a handful of channels, and several of those are either only in black and white (!) or without sound, the bathroom in one of our rooms had a broken showerhead and mirror light, and the other had a non-functioning bidet. Hallway lightbulbs were out. "Full American breakfast" came with powdered eggs, a limited supply of orange juice (which would "run out" well before breakfast ended each morning), and dirty tablecloths. Maids failed to replace soap and shampoo, or wipe down counters, and even REMOVED extra pillows we had obtained when we arrived (and failed to replace extra towels). Oh, and did I mention the hotel had no concierge? Only a front desk clerk with limited English-speaking ability.

This place is a nightmare. Do yourself a favor and tell your travel agent you want NOTHING whatsoever to do with it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Because this trip was arranged at short notice, and there were trade fairs on in Paris, we were unable to get a booking at the hotel my husband usually uses. So we resorted to a " secret hotel " on lastminute.com, which has proved succcessful in the past. But this hotel is not 4 star. Yes, it has a lounge area with tapestries etc, but the bedroom was very small, with insufficient drawer space. The lighting in the bedroom was abysmal ---- to read in bed we resorted to removing the shades from the bedside lights, which did improve things slightly.
Breakfast is very expensive, so we went to Berts cafe down the street, which was good, except that on Saturdays Berts does not open till 10am, although we found an acceptable alternative round the corner.
The plus points were the location, as stated by previous reviewers, and the very comfy bed and pillows. The hotel was also very clean.
But better value for money can be obtained elsewhere. We are unlikely to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: as previously stated ask for a proper shower
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Wisborough Green, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The location of this hotel is absolutely fantastic and is positioned within walking distance of Madeleine Square, Louvre, Arc de Triomphe etc.
Whilst there was renovations going on in the hotel, everything still remained clean, fresh and my room was always very quiet. The staff were always very friendly and I was constantly impressed by how helpful they were, particularly in organising a guided tour to Monet's Garden in Giverny for us (3 adults).
Lastly it has to be said the breakfast room which is located in a stone cellar is just gorgeous and the food is delightful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

While the hotel displays old world charm with antique tapestries that gives off an air of seduction and elegance it's a pity that it does'nt facilitate it's guests with free wi fi. This is charged at 24 Euro per day. The rooms were small however they did upgrade us to a larger room which was appreciated. We asked to stay for one extra night having stayed with them for the previous five nights, however they refused to give any deal, looking for 160 Euro for bed only. We took our business elsewhere. It is a pity that they don't show any form of loyalty or indeed common sense. They were happier to have a room empty than occupied. The hotel has a lot of Old World Charm but the staff seem to lack any charm.

Room Tip: Better deals locally, but they will up grade you if you ask.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ARGAC, Directeur général at Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

With my best regards

Mr.ARGAC Zeki
Hotel Manager
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Centrally Positioned close to Madeleine Square. Rooms very small but we were upgraded to a bigger one. No oversheet which I would expect in a four star hotel. Very clean. Bland and lacking atmosphere. Wi-Fi very expensive so go to bert's cafe further on same street for free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

With my best regards

Mr.ARGAC Zeki
Hotel Manager

Been to Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel? Share your experiences!