“Charming atmosphere in phenomenal location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel

Save Saved
You added Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel to your Saves list
Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Arcade | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #1,486 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Wisborough Green, United Kingdom
“Charming atmosphere in phenomenal location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The location of this hotel is absolutely fantastic and is positioned within walking distance of Madeleine Square, Louvre, Arc de Triomphe etc.
Whilst there was renovations going on in the hotel, everything still remained clean, fresh and my room was always very quiet. The staff were always very friendly and I was constantly impressed by how helpful they were, particularly in organising a guided tour to Monet's Garden in Giverny for us (3 adults).
Lastly it has to be said the breakfast room which is located in a stone cellar is just gorgeous and the food is delightful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ARGAC, Manager at Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I have recently taken over as the Manager of the Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel in Paris and I would like to reply to some of the comments by clients. We pay close attention to clients' remarks and are very concerned with improving the quality of the hotel.

As one Trip Advisor member mentioned, renovation work has been carried out in the hotel in the last few months in order to comply with new safety regulations, and standards have been greatly improved. I would like to apologise to any guests who were inconvenienced by this work. Decoration has also received attention, with new wall coverings and bedding. Our aim was to provide more comfort for our guests.

As a result, the hotel has been awarded four stars in the new goverment-approved classification system. This recognition is your guarantee of a good standard of safety and comfort and encourages us in our aim to satisfy our guests and to ensure that they will stay with us again and again. The Beau Manoir is ideally located for business or leisure, right in the heart of Paris. We assure you that in 2013 we will do all we can to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

Z.Argac

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

While the hotel displays old world charm with antique tapestries that gives off an air of seduction and elegance it's a pity that it does'nt facilitate it's guests with free wi fi. This is charged at 24 Euro per day. The rooms were small however they did upgrade us to a larger room which was appreciated. We asked to stay for one extra night having stayed with them for the previous five nights, however they refused to give any deal, looking for 160 Euro for bed only. We took our business elsewhere. It is a pity that they don't show any form of loyalty or indeed common sense. They were happier to have a room empty than occupied. The hotel has a lot of Old World Charm but the staff seem to lack any charm.

Room Tip: Better deals locally, but they will up grade you if you ask.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ARGAC, Directeur général at Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013

Hotel Manager
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Centrally Positioned close to Madeleine Square. Rooms very small but we were upgraded to a bigger one. No oversheet which I would expect in a four star hotel. Very clean. Bland and lacking atmosphere. Wi-Fi very expensive so go to bert's cafe further on same street for free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed August 2012

Hotel Manager
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have stayed here 4 times now and we love it because it is 10 steps to the stunning La Madeleine, walking distance to Galeries Lafayette and shops at Opera and walking distance to the Champs Elysee, Louvre, Arc de Triomphe etc.. It is an old hotel, so the rooms are small, and particularly the bathrooms BUT if you want old world Paris charm the breakfast basement is a stone nook that is beyond charming. The biggest drawcard is that for the lication this hotel is great value for money. It has a lift ( the smallest ever) so you don't lug luggage up stairs and the reception is warm and always helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a proper shower. A couple of the rooms have hand held showers.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Beirut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The rooms are very small as well as the beds but the hotel is charming. Wood decoration and vintage furniture.
The only bad thing about the hotel is that the quality/rate is not good. It is too expensive for what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger matressess than the standards ones.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Mountain View, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

If you like old and dusty stuff, you can go there. This is not my style. Location at the center of Paris is perfect. Staff attitude is as usual for a French hotel if you can accept the aggressive attitude of the waitress at the breakfast restaurant. Old TV, Internet at 24 euros/day, comfy bed. No real shower (why not attaching the shower head to the wall?). Breakfast acceptable except the small table. I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Z.Argac
Athens, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Complete CHAOS! We had a terrible experience in this hotel (which a one star hotel and not four). Me and my sister decided to have a trip in Paris with our old parents. We arrived at 14:00 having a prepaid room and we had to wait more to check in since the staff seemed to be busy and was not paying any attention to us, without any other people around. Finally, they informed us that the rooms will be available after 15:00 and suggested to go for a walk and come back later. We we came back at 20:00 they informed us that the hotel was overbooked and they tried but they can not find any other hotel for us to stay !!!!!!!!!!! They told us that they will continue to search (but I never saw the one employee who was there to search to find another hotel for us. In the meantime, ~10 other people came for check in and the situation was the same. The receptionist was rude, arrogant and was shouting and insulting the clients (he told me "don't talk to me like a queen, I am not your slave...!!!). When I informed him that I will go to the police he said "go, they will never come! From which country are you coming from?!!!". I was embarrassed to bring my parents in a place like this, who seemed to be stressed/tired and frightened by the whole situation. I immediately contacted my travel agent who after trying to reach the hotel had also the same terrible treatment. We all asked for the manager, but no-one was there to put some things in place. The employee gave us a card of the hotel saying "sorry, we can not do anything else for you, come back tomorrow at 8:00 to talk to the manager!". He spend 4 hours (till midnight) in the reception lobby trying to find by ourselves a place to stay without success. Thank God my agent called me back and informed me that he finally found a real 4 stars hotel close by (I strongly suggest it: ASTOR SAINT HONORE HOTEL). Tired and completely exhausted we slept well in our new hotel...but these people destroyed our 1 night in Paris with our old parents (priceless!!).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ARGAC, General Manager at Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013

Mr.ARGAC Zeki

Been to Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel? Share your experiences!