“History and charm in a fantastic location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel

Save Saved
You added Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel to your Saves list
Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Arcade | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #1,521 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“History and charm in a fantastic location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have stayed here 4 times now and we love it because it is 10 steps to the stunning La Madeleine, walking distance to Galeries Lafayette and shops at Opera and walking distance to the Champs Elysee, Louvre, Arc de Triomphe etc.. It is an old hotel, so the rooms are small, and particularly the bathrooms BUT if you want old world Paris charm the breakfast basement is a stone nook that is beyond charming. The biggest drawcard is that for the lication this hotel is great value for money. It has a lift ( the smallest ever) so you don't lug luggage up stairs and the reception is warm and always helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a proper shower. A couple of the rooms have hand held showers.

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Beirut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The rooms are very small as well as the beds but the hotel is charming. Wood decoration and vintage furniture.
The only bad thing about the hotel is that the quality/rate is not good. It is too expensive for what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger matressess than the standards ones.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Mountain View, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

If you like old and dusty stuff, you can go there. This is not my style. Location at the center of Paris is perfect. Staff attitude is as usual for a French hotel if you can accept the aggressive attitude of the waitress at the breakfast restaurant. Old TV, Internet at 24 euros/day, comfy bed. No real shower (why not attaching the shower head to the wall?). Breakfast acceptable except the small table. I do not recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ARGAC, Manager at Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I have recently taken over as the Manager of the Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel in Paris and I would like to reply to some of the comments by clients. We pay close attention to clients' remarks and are very concerned with improving the quality of the hotel.

As one Trip Advisor member mentioned, renovation work has been carried out in the hotel in the last few months in order to comply with new safety regulations, and standards have been greatly improved. I would like to apologise to any guests who were inconvenienced by this work. Decoration has also received attention, with new wall coverings and bedding. Our aim was to provide more comfort for our guests.

As a result, the hotel has been awarded four stars in the new goverment-approved classification system. This recognition is your guarantee of a good standard of safety and comfort and encourages us in our aim to satisfy our guests and to ensure that they will stay with us again and again. The Beau Manoir is ideally located for business or leisure, right in the heart of Paris. We assure you that in 2013 we will do all we can to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

Z.Argac
Athens, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Complete CHAOS! We had a terrible experience in this hotel (which a one star hotel and not four). Me and my sister decided to have a trip in Paris with our old parents. We arrived at 14:00 having a prepaid room and we had to wait more to check in since the staff seemed to be busy and was not paying any attention to us, without any other people around. Finally, they informed us that the rooms will be available after 15:00 and suggested to go for a walk and come back later. We we came back at 20:00 they informed us that the hotel was overbooked and they tried but they can not find any other hotel for us to stay !!!!!!!!!!! They told us that they will continue to search (but I never saw the one employee who was there to search to find another hotel for us. In the meantime, ~10 other people came for check in and the situation was the same. The receptionist was rude, arrogant and was shouting and insulting the clients (he told me "don't talk to me like a queen, I am not your slave...!!!). When I informed him that I will go to the police he said "go, they will never come! From which country are you coming from?!!!". I was embarrassed to bring my parents in a place like this, who seemed to be stressed/tired and frightened by the whole situation. I immediately contacted my travel agent who after trying to reach the hotel had also the same terrible treatment. We all asked for the manager, but no-one was there to put some things in place. The employee gave us a card of the hotel saying "sorry, we can not do anything else for you, come back tomorrow at 8:00 to talk to the manager!". He spend 4 hours (till midnight) in the reception lobby trying to find by ourselves a place to stay without success. Thank God my agent called me back and informed me that he finally found a real 4 stars hotel close by (I strongly suggest it: ASTOR SAINT HONORE HOTEL). Tired and completely exhausted we slept well in our new hotel...but these people destroyed our 1 night in Paris with our old parents (priceless!!).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ARGAC, General Manager at Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

With my best regards

Mr.ARGAC Zeki
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Crappy room and complete mess. We had to wait over two hours to check in while the staff was doing other things like answering the phone talking to eachother and running around. On top of everything they were arrogant and rud.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Old dirty and much much overpriced. In no way 4 *. After 5 o'clock no sleep possible due to traffic noise. Unfriendly noisy service. No restaurant. Breakfeast poor. The old waitress gives the feeling: Why do you disturb my peace. Fighting and screaming from the cooking room is a dayly event.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We got this as a "secret hotel" and I would echo the reviews of others that it is not worthy of 4 stars. The rooms are small but you take that as a given in Paris. The bedroom had some mould on the wall but the en suite was spotless.We found the staff polite. We did not eat in the resturant and really only used the hotel to crash at night as we spent all day sight seeing. I wouldn't be rushing back to this hotel but if the room was available for the right price I probably would stay there again. I cannot fault the location.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel? Share your experiences!