“Precious advice: AVOID THIS HOTEL!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel

You added Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel to your Saves list
Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Arcade | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Elysees)   |
Ranked #1,410 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Athens, Greece
“Precious advice: AVOID THIS HOTEL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Complete CHAOS! We had a terrible experience in this hotel (which a one star hotel and not four). Me and my sister decided to have a trip in Paris with our old parents. We arrived at 14:00 having a prepaid room and we had to wait more to check in since the staff seemed to be busy and was not paying any attention to us, without any other people around. Finally, they informed us that the rooms will be available after 15:00 and suggested to go for a walk and come back later. We we came back at 20:00 they informed us that the hotel was overbooked and they tried but they can not find any other hotel for us to stay !!!!!!!!!!! They told us that they will continue to search (but I never saw the one employee who was there to search to find another hotel for us. In the meantime, ~10 other people came for check in and the situation was the same. The receptionist was rude, arrogant and was shouting and insulting the clients (he told me "don't talk to me like a queen, I am not your slave...!!!). When I informed him that I will go to the police he said "go, they will never come! From which country are you coming from?!!!". I was embarrassed to bring my parents in a place like this, who seemed to be stressed/tired and frightened by the whole situation. I immediately contacted my travel agent who after trying to reach the hotel had also the same terrible treatment. We all asked for the manager, but no-one was there to put some things in place. The employee gave us a card of the hotel saying "sorry, we can not do anything else for you, come back tomorrow at 8:00 to talk to the manager!". He spend 4 hours (till midnight) in the reception lobby trying to find by ourselves a place to stay without success. Thank God my agent called me back and informed me that he finally found a real 4 stars hotel close by (I strongly suggest it: ASTOR SAINT HONORE HOTEL). Tired and completely exhausted we slept well in our new hotel...but these people destroyed our 1 night in Paris with our old parents (priceless!!).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ARGAC, General Manager at Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I have recently taken over as the Manager of the Amarante Beau Manoir Hotel in Paris and I would like to reply to some of the comments by clients. We pay close attention to clients' remarks and are very concerned with improving the quality of the hotel.

As one Trip Advisor member mentioned, renovation work has been carried out in the hotel in the last few months in order to comply with new safety regulations, and standards have been greatly improved. I would like to apologise to any guests who were inconvenienced by this work. Decoration has also received attention, with new wall coverings and bedding. Our aim was to provide more comfort for our guests.

As a result, the hotel has been awarded four stars in the new goverment-approved classification system. This recognition is your guarantee of a good standard of safety and comfort and encourages us in our aim to satisfy our guests and to ensure that they will stay with us again and again. The Beau Manoir is ideally located for business or leisure, right in the heart of Paris. We assure you that in 2013 we will do all we can to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

With my best regards

Mr.ARGAC Zeki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Crappy room and complete mess. We had to wait over two hours to check in while the staff was doing other things like answering the phone talking to eachother and running around. On top of everything they were arrogant and rud.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chiang Mai, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Old dirty and much much overpriced. In no way 4 *. After 5 o'clock no sleep possible due to traffic noise. Unfriendly noisy service. No restaurant. Breakfeast poor. The old waitress gives the feeling: Why do you disturb my peace. Fighting and screaming from the cooking room is a dayly event.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We got this as a "secret hotel" and I would echo the reviews of others that it is not worthy of 4 stars. The rooms are small but you take that as a given in Paris. The bedroom had some mould on the wall but the en suite was spotless.We found the staff polite. We did not eat in the resturant and really only used the hotel to crash at night as we spent all day sight seeing. I wouldn't be rushing back to this hotel but if the room was available for the right price I probably would stay there again. I cannot fault the location.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reykjavik, Iceland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

30 minutes to check in while receptionist was on the phone - only good thing is the area.

crappy hotel .... very dissapointed

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Huntingdon Cambs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

A half business but mostly pleasure short trip took me to this Hotel,with much trepidation after reading the reviews. No problems lovely clean room with ensuite. Plenty of choice for breakfast and it didnt matter that the receptionist also served the drinks in the cosy little bar!! .
Ideally situated and only a few minutes walk from the metro would definately go back but allow that its really only a 3 star not 4 as usually advertised.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

As others have said, this is NOT worth 4-stars. It might rate 2, possibly 3 on a good day. Didn't have the unpleasant experiences of others, with bed-bugs, leaks, non-working lights, etc, but Housekeeping was dismal - never topping up the supply of teabags, coffee, milk, etc, without being asked, and when we checked out, they had to ask whether we'd had anything from the mini-bar (also not restocked). Didn't have any gin, or soda water in the half-assed "bar". Hotel information didn't state opening times of the breakfast restaurant, and the place didn't offer evening meals.
Compared with the Westbury, in London's West End (also rated 4-stars when we stayed there 5 years ago) this was about the equivalent of a seaside landlady's - without the sea. Still, the location was good, once we'd sorted out which way was north so we could find our way to the Place de la Concorde.
Reception staff were on the whole helpful, but room service breakfast on our first morning took over 40 minutes and two phone calls to arrive.
Wouldn't stay there again: I wanted a good 4-star hotel as a 'treat' for my wife's birthday and got this place. Very disappointed. Wife charmingly philosophical, thank God!
The piece de resistance was the toilet. Separate from the bathroom, it was about 90cm deep, 80cm wide. The door had no lock on it, and it was anyway necessary to have the door open while removing trousers etc, and it is the only loo I've ever seen where I had my toes, knees and forehead resting against the door whilst sitting on the pan. Enough information, I think.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.