“Great location, smart hotel - but under-staffed, over-managed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le A

Save Saved
You added Hotel Le A to your Saves list
Hotel Le A
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4, rue d'Artois | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #455 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
“Great location, smart hotel - but under-staffed, over-managed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Hotel Le A is a boutique hotel (think Malmaison in the UK) in a fabulous location, three minutes from Champs-Elysees. Rooms are predictably small but smart and breakfast is low-choice but high-quality. But the place has too few staff doing real work and too many on reception.

I checked in at 3.05pm and was told my room would be 20 minutes, then five minutes. After a stand off (and spotting six people working at reception and bell-hop) I got in at 3.55pm.

A disaster? Of course not - but unnecessary hassle when I'm spending 260 Euros for one night.

A shrug of the shoulders and blaming other guests and "impossible housekeeping" is something the many managers should have managed before I arrived.

I shouldn't have to complain just to get in my room at 3pm!

Room Tip: The ones ending "2" have at least one, sometimes two, windows on to the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Emma C, Directeur général at Hotel Le A, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Traveler,
We would like to thank you for having chosen Hotel Le A for your recent visit to Paris.
We highly appreciated your kind comments about our room and location.
We apologize if the room was not ready at your arrival, please contact us direclty for your further stay, I will personnaly take care of your booking.

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located in a fantastic location but that's pretty much all I liked about it. Some of the staff were welcoming but can't say I felt the same for all. As some of the reviewers have also noted, a small flood was created everytime I showered so it was very uncomfortable. I thought a 4* hotel would vacuum the carpets daily but this wasn't the case...and my room was barely cleaned on the last day of my stay. Definitely will not stay in this hotel again.

Stayed August 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Two nights in Paris and an extremely convenient location. Very friendly front desk welcome and a helpful concierge. The standard room was small but very modern and functional. The lounge area in the foyer has an extensive collection of art books and it was a serene place to relax after a busy day in Paris. We had breakfast (included) in the small dining area and the selection was adequate. This hotel is a great choice when looking for a convenient location in Paris.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Emma C, Directeur général at Hotel Le A, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Traveler,
We highly appreciated your kind comments about our property and feel very happy that you really enjoyed your time with us.
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hotel Le A is a beautiful boutique hotel minutes from the Champs Elysees, and the rooms themselves are great value (we had a large room at around £220 a night through Mr & Mrs Smith, compared to a "rack rate" of €525 displayed in the hotel). We absolutely loved the room, which was calming and comfortable, and we had a fantastic night's sleep - the street was relatively quiet (except for a couple of car horns at night) and the bed was perfect. Staff are welcoming and friendly, and were consistently helpful, booking us restaurants and remembering that we were staying for our anniversary.

The one negative is the prices of any additional extras. We would have drunk more than our free Mr & Mrs Smith cocktail if they hadn't been €16-€18 apiece, and we didn't eat breakfast in the hotel either night as €24 seemed extremely steep for what was a fairly basic menu. However, there are plenty of better value options nearby, including a French breakfast for €11 and cocktails for €8-9 literally just across the road!

Room Tip: Don't go for the smallest possible room! It's worth paying the extra for a bigger one.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Emma C, Directeur général at Hotel Le A, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Traveler,
We also keep in mind your comment regarding our breakfast menu, and we will work on it.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I always like it.
Pros:
-Location: 2 minutes walk to Champs Elisees
- rooms are clean and hotel is modern and well maintained.
- price: I usually get €130 when booking on booking.com (always make reservation even if it is a same day one. If you get there with no reservation, you will pay twice the price.
- grocery store/convenient store a block away.
Cons:
- standard rooms are tiny. So, bring as little luggage as possible or get a bigger room if you plan to stay for a few days.
- hopefully you won't be received by some of the front desk ladies that sometimes are rude:(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveler,
We would like to thank you for always choosing Hotel Le A for your visits to Paris.
However your comment regarding our rate is surprising as our offers are always the same for direct or internet booking.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Everything about this little boutique hotel is fantastic: from location to funky lighting system. It is just great! Me and my partner booked it for 3 nights during Tour de France and we could not find a better place to stay at to enjoy the event.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Emma C, Directeur général at Hotel Le A, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Traveler,
We will be pleased to welcome you again next year for the Tour de France.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Le A for a couple of nights on the 18th and 19th of July and was thoroughly impressed in every way. In particular, the personalized service at the front desk was nothing short of outstanding. I asked for and was given a deluxe room on the first floor given my intense dislike for elevators and when i arrived, I noticed the front desk had already pointed this out to the staff and instructed them accordingly. But what really impressed me was the plate of fresh madeleines delivered to my room with a lovely hand-written note welcoming me to Paris after my rather unpleasant experience arriving at the Gare du Nord the same morning...recounted to reception in great detail by me! Word of that obviously got around and it was a wonderful gesture that made me feel instantly welcome in this magnificent city! This is the sort of top-notch personalized care and service that separates mediocre hotels from the really good ones! My de luxe room was 'designer cool' and quite spacious by Parisian standards and my bed remarkably comfortable. Everything including the double-glazed soundproof windows and air-conditioning worked just fine. The hotel itself has a retro-chic feel to it with Warhol-inspired artwork and makes excellent use of limited space. It feels and looks brand new though! Perfect for a seasoned solo traveller like me. I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it highly. ND

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Traveler,
It was our pleasure to make you feel welcome after your unpleasant arrival at the train station.
Managing Director

Been to Hotel Le A? Share your experiences!