“The best boulangerie I could find!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Du Pain et des Idees

Du Pain et des Idees
34 rue Yves Toudic, 75010 Paris, France (Canal Saint-Martin)
01 42 40 44 52
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 196 Bakeries in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bakeries
Neighborhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Neighborhood: Canal Saint-Martin
“The best boulangerie I could find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This place has amazing breads. The owner is a little eccentric, but that just adds to the charm. I don't think you could go wrong here, but definitely try the "escargot" rolled pastries. I took a trip to this neighborhood just to visit this place, and it was well worth it. Simple, elegant, and perfect baked goods.

Westminster, California
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This boulangerie was less than 10 minutes walk from my vacation rental and i love all the things i bought there. The croissant was among the best in Paris, imho. I also tried the savory Mini Pave which were absolutely yummy! The chausson aux pommes and the escargots were delicious also. A must-go if you love bread/pastries.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was truly a delight. It's located in the 10th and I recommend taking the metro because there isn't too much else around. The woman was working the counter was very sweet and friendly. My husband and I had to try a few items as everything looked like a dream! The "Tarte Fine Aux Pommes Caramelitsees Au Beurre Demi Sel" was unreal. We also tried the Pain Des Amis, L’escargot chocolat pistache and a L'escargot praline (the praline was my favorite). We were able to take our items and eat them on the wooden table outside. I recommend going early in the morning, bringing over some coffee and enjoy the flaky goodness ;) To me this is certainly worth the hype!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Croissants are incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

During our stay in Paris the humble croissant has been ignored by us due to the incredible range of viennoiserie and patisseries on offer at most bakeries. This place changed all of that! Given a recommendation by a fellow coffee lover at the nearby Ten Belles cafe, we were inspired to try what she described as the best croissants she had ever eaten. I had to agree. Crisp, flaky, and none of the dense, undercooked centre experienced in many croissants. They even had a creamy butter flavour without losing the lightness of texture.

Visited April 2013
Costa Mesa, California
“Food Writer approves”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went here to review the most well loved products of Du Pain et des Idees which included the Mini Paves, the Mouna bread, Pain des Amis, and Pain aux chocolat with banane. Everything was delicious! To read a complete review and recommendations of the bakery go to http://gypsygrub.com/

• Visited March 2013