“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #326 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
New York City
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were delayed due to weather conditions on the Eurostar line. My friend who booked the room e-mailed the hotel to let them know we were still arriving, just that we would be significantly later than planned. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and very available to help with any questions you might have. The rooms were small but I never felt crowded. The bathroom was very spacious considering the room size and there were two windows that opened up to give you fresh air if you needed. The heat worked very well in the room. The room we booked had two small twin beds that were next to each other. The beds were comfortable. The rooms contain a safe, desk and a television as well. A heads up should you decide to stay, the hotel does indeed have a lift but if you have bags it is a one at a time sized lift. All in all I'd definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

If you like quiet neighborhood during sleep than College de France is what you need. It's located near College de France and Sorbonne, the teaching facilities of Rive Gauche, left bank of river Seine, however, you can reach Notre Dame in maximum 10 minutes walk. The hotel is well maintained, kept extremely clean. The room is reasonable in size, you'll get much smaller room in London for the price. The internet worked fine at my room. There is a pedestrian street nearby that is full (!) of different restaurants, I don't remeber the name, seems like it's rue de la Harpe ['arp] (you can ask the personnel).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

For the price, I found this a good find. It's situated in a great location but quiet enough for a good sleep. The room was simple and had all the things you need. The only thing i would complain is that the bed was a bit squeaky and old. Overall, I had a good stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Yes, this is the tenth time we have stayed at this hotel. We love the friendly staff and the great location. Mr. Marc, the owner, Mr. Sadr, and Mr. Santa Ana try to make sure all of your needs are met. We obviously wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

While we didn't think the price was too bad on this hotel room, it was a bit cramped with very dated accessories and decor. The hair dryer looked like it was from the 1950s and was taped together. The bathroom was cramped and moldy. When we called to reserve we were told there was "parking available" - it is located in a park garage a few blocks away that will cost you an additional 28,50 Euro each day you are parked there. My email confirmation of the booking said "all drinks complimentary 24h a day". When we checked out they tried to charge us for two breakfasts that we didn't have and then told us that the coffee we had in the morning was not free, and we ended up having to pay for it. The staff (other than the owner) was very friendly and helpful, but that did not make us feel any better about our stay.

Room Tip: Just don't do it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel is really a steal for a hotel in this location. The staff were very welcoming on arrival and throughout our stay. We had a standard room on the second floor facing the light well. The room was a fair size for Paris and although the decor as a bit dated, the room was clean, warm and the bed comfortable. There was a safe located in the wardrobe and a small wall mounted flat screen TV. The bathroom had a bath with overhead shower and again was perfectly clean. A hair dryer was provided. In fact only problems really were noise related. Minor renovation work in the light well generated some noise during the day, but to be honest we were very rarely in the room during working hours. More annoying was the fact that the hotel seemed to amplify the sounds of doors closing, footsteps on the stairs, toilets flushing baths running etc. As most reviewers seemed to have opted for the upper outside rooms with balconies and not mentioned the noise, these would appear to be worth the extra money or alternatively, a pair of earplugs would be a sound investment. However, one advantage of the second floor was that the the WiFi reception was fine. I cannot comment on the breakfast as we ate out because the location, in the heart of the the Latin Quarter, means cafes and bakers are plentiful. The advantage that the location provides, in terms of getting about on foot and proximity to the Metro and RER, combined with all the many good things about this hotel means that I would strongly recommend it ,especially in winter.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Everything I’ve read positive about this hotel was far exceeded on my recent visit. This was my first visit to Paris and I stayed at the Hotel du College de France for 8 nights. The room was clean and for Paris a nice size. The bed was very comfortable and there was plenty of heat and hot water. As for location, this was fantastic. The hotel was located 2 blocks from the RER B line which made for a very reasonable 9,65 Euro train ride from CDG. The staff was very friendly, nice and helpful. I did take advantage of the breakfast for about ½ my stay and it was nice with fresh bread, pastries, cheese, yogurt, etc. (oh and great coffee) On a personal note, my flight was very early when I arrived in Paris and I was at the hotel very early. While my room was not ready, they stored my luggage for me and made it a priority to have my room available as soon as possible. This is the great service you can expect from small establishment that takes pride in what they do and strives to take care of their customers. I will definitely be staying here again and will recommend the Hotel du College de France to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Paris! So with that I just want to say thank you to all the staff for making my first trip a great one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo