“Pretty good stay. Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel du College de France
7 rue thenard, 75005 Paris, France (Quartier Latin)   |
Ranked #327 of 1,791 Hotels in Paris
Australia
“Pretty good stay. Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

For the price, I found this a good find. It's situated in a great location but quiet enough for a good sleep. The room was simple and had all the things you need. The only thing i would complain is that the bed was a bit squeaky and old. Overall, I had a good stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Turkish first
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Yes, this is the tenth time we have stayed at this hotel. We love the friendly staff and the great location. Mr. Marc, the owner, Mr. Sadr, and Mr. Santa Ana try to make sure all of your needs are met. We obviously wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

While we didn't think the price was too bad on this hotel room, it was a bit cramped with very dated accessories and decor. The hair dryer looked like it was from the 1950s and was taped together. The bathroom was cramped and moldy. When we called to reserve we were told there was "parking available" - it is located in a park garage a few blocks away that will cost you an additional 28,50 Euro each day you are parked there. My email confirmation of the booking said "all drinks complimentary 24h a day". When we checked out they tried to charge us for two breakfasts that we didn't have and then told us that the coffee we had in the morning was not free, and we ended up having to pay for it. The staff (other than the owner) was very friendly and helpful, but that did not make us feel any better about our stay.

Room Tip: Just don't do it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel is really a steal for a hotel in this location. The staff were very welcoming on arrival and throughout our stay. We had a standard room on the second floor facing the light well. The room was a fair size for Paris and although the decor as a bit dated, the room was clean, warm and the bed comfortable. There was a safe located in the wardrobe and a small wall mounted flat screen TV. The bathroom had a bath with overhead shower and again was perfectly clean. A hair dryer was provided. In fact only problems really were noise related. Minor renovation work in the light well generated some noise during the day, but to be honest we were very rarely in the room during working hours. More annoying was the fact that the hotel seemed to amplify the sounds of doors closing, footsteps on the stairs, toilets flushing baths running etc. As most reviewers seemed to have opted for the upper outside rooms with balconies and not mentioned the noise, these would appear to be worth the extra money or alternatively, a pair of earplugs would be a sound investment. However, one advantage of the second floor was that the the WiFi reception was fine. I cannot comment on the breakfast as we ate out because the location, in the heart of the the Latin Quarter, means cafes and bakers are plentiful. The advantage that the location provides, in terms of getting about on foot and proximity to the Metro and RER, combined with all the many good things about this hotel means that I would strongly recommend it ,especially in winter.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Everything I’ve read positive about this hotel was far exceeded on my recent visit. This was my first visit to Paris and I stayed at the Hotel du College de France for 8 nights. The room was clean and for Paris a nice size. The bed was very comfortable and there was plenty of heat and hot water. As for location, this was fantastic. The hotel was located 2 blocks from the RER B line which made for a very reasonable 9,65 Euro train ride from CDG. The staff was very friendly, nice and helpful. I did take advantage of the breakfast for about ½ my stay and it was nice with fresh bread, pastries, cheese, yogurt, etc. (oh and great coffee) On a personal note, my flight was very early when I arrived in Paris and I was at the hotel very early. While my room was not ready, they stored my luggage for me and made it a priority to have my room available as soon as possible. This is the great service you can expect from small establishment that takes pride in what they do and strives to take care of their customers. I will definitely be staying here again and will recommend the Hotel du College de France to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Paris! So with that I just want to say thank you to all the staff for making my first trip a great one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The most important for me in a hotel is the bathroom and this hotel (or at least the room we got) have a clean and spacious bathroom. Location-wise, it is convenient. It was just one direct train ride from the airport to the hotel and a short walk from the station (with my short feet and heavy bag, slightly over 5 minutes walk). The area is not noisy, yet it is centrally located. The only not-so -positive thing I could write about is the wifi situation. We could only get connection in the lobby. Other than that, this is a good find and I would stay and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This little hotel is located right next to Sorbonne university. When coming from the CDG Airport, you can get there with one train. Personnel was very nice and when we came, the first thing was that they told us where to go in Paris. Room was small but very nice. Breakfast was good, choose it.

The hotel is not luxury, but the atmosphere really makes it up. I would go again.

Room Tip: Recommend on asking for a room on top floor, windows facing the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple