“A Quaint Hotel near Eiffel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Muguet

You added Hotel Muguet to your Saves list
Hotel Muguet
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 rue Chevert | 7th Arr., 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #122 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Sarasota
“A Quaint Hotel near Eiffel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

This hotel was very helpful to us.
We had planned on staying two nights but due to the protests in Paris in October, our flight from Spain was cancelled. We called the hotel to explain and were told - "No Problem."
When we did arrive, it was about an hour drive from the airport and as the shuttle turned onto a narrow street, there was the hotel.
There is a very narrow stairwell or a very small elevator (1 person and 1 luggage). If you are on the 6th floor - it is an elevator and the final flight by stairwell.
The rooms were small but adequate. Everything I needed was there. It was a bit difficult to use the hairdryer as it was plugged in through the desk.
The hotel is non-smoking, so the smokers go right outside the front door. Our room was on the first floor (ground level is 0) - and we had our window open due to the wonderfully cool air. The smoke came right into our room, causing us to close the window.
It is a short walk to shops and a few blocks to the Eiffel tower.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
muguetmanager, Directeur général at Hotel Muguet, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Dear ldyhumbird,

thank you very much for your comment.

I am sorry you had to smell the smoke in your room eventhough our respectfull guests didn't smoke in the hotel...
About the hair dryer, it is for safety reason that they are in the drawer but we have finally found a solution and soon they will be in the bathroom again...

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Charline Pelletier Richard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

I enjoyed my stay here, I got a great deal on the room and I loved the location, I could walk almost everywhere I needed to go. The staff was very responsive and helpful for the most part (except for the morning I was late for breakfast). I paid 11 Euros for breakfast, which I thought was a good deal, since there were eggs and meat to go along with the usual bread, juice and coffee/tea. I loved having free internet -- I have paid as much as 20 Euros for 24 hours of internet access at other hotels. The room was small but comfortable and clean. The street was very quiet, and close to a metro station. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear austinT64,

I would like to thank you very much to have taken time to add your comment.

I would be very pleased to welcome you again sometime.

Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Having visited Muguet for over thirty years and enjoyed three generations of the Pelletier family we feel we must tell the world about this delightful hotel.
The location is so central,near two Metro stations and walking distance of many of Paris "must see" sights. The hotel is in a quiet road and not noted for late night noise, although there are plenty of restaurants catering for all tastes and pockets near by.
The bedrooms are immaculate, not big but exceptionally clean and cared for, likewise, the en-suite bathroom is equally excellent.
Breakfast is an easy start to the day with plenty of time to linger over an extra cup of coffee.
The staff are to a man and a woman charming and always ready to help with restaurant bookings etc. they all speak english but will appreciate and help when one tries to speak French. We shall continue with Muguet as our first choice in Paris.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
muguetmanager, Directeur général at Hotel Muguet, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Dear EleanorMckeown,

Thank you very much to have taken time to add you post.
it is always a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us so much!

I really hope to welcome you again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I have stayed at the Muguet previously and I am pleased to say they continue to offer one of the best hotel experiences I have had in Paris. It is a small family-run hotel, quietly located in a side road, very close to the Metro and with great cafes and market streets around it. The welcome is always professional and warm, the hotel is spotlessly clean and the rooms are well furnished. Depending on your room they vary greatly in size - previously I stayed in a spacious room with lovely bathroom . This time I was in the smallest room available and whilst it was comfortable and nicely furnished the bathroom was bijoux in the extreme and the shower was a squeeze. However, the value for money still makes it worth while putting up with a small bathroom! If you like traditionally presented, absolutely spotlessly clean and comfortable at a very fair price this is your place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear AmandaEleanor,

thank you very much for your nice comment.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us again eventhough you had a single room this time. We couldn't upgraded you...

I hope you will be able to visit us again sometime.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

This hotel has it all: Great location, large, clean rooms and helpful english speaking staff. My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with our choice of hotel in Paris. Five blocks from the Eiffel Tower and 2 blocks from Rue Cler; a great local street where we enjoyed the local atmosphere of Paris, from the Boulangerie and other shops to the restaurants. We definitely recommend this hotel! Bon Jour!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear jlynn67,

thank you very much for your comment.

i am very happy to read you like your visit so much.
It is one of my goal to make my guests feel at home at the Hôtel Muguet.

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Dix Hills, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Arriving after a transatlantic red-eye they accomodated me before noon, as soon as my room was clean, despite the 3pm check-in policy. Everything in the hotel was spotless and the beds (twins in our room) were extrememly comfortable. Typically tight spaces (but not cramped) for Paris but everything was modern and up-to-date, shower was strong (a personal pet peeve). Internet was strong and free in both the room and lobby. Location as others have written is excellent, within two blocks of both the "Ecole Militaire" and "La Tour-Maubourg" Metro Stops. Street was very quiet so sleeping with open windows was possible.
During our stay, I learned that Hotel Muguet is a family business, managed with TLC by Charline who is the daughter of the owner. She and her friendly and helpful staff truly treat you as a guest, not just a customer. If back in Paris, I'll be back at the Hotel Muguet.

• Stayed November 2010
Dear kbaerliny,

thank you very much for your very nice comments.

I hope to see you again sometime.

Port Townsend, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed here for a week after being in an apartment nearby for a month - we were worried about not having enough room. Luckily, we were upgraded to a triple room because of a cancellation, and it was lovely, large enough, and very quiet. In general, we loved the hotel. Everyone was very pleasant. The location has pluses and minuses - it is very quiet and near the Invalides and the Eiffel Tower. But the closest 2 Metro stops have only 1 line, meaning more transfers. Many of the nearby shops are tourist places, but there are a few good places to eat in the neighborhood. The breakfast price of 11 euros is high, but so are the nearby places. In sum, we really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear onecatch,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for your comment.

I hope to see you again sometime.

Charline Pelletier Richard

Been to Hotel Muguet? Share your experiences!