The staff were unbelievably attentive, friendly, courteous & warm towards us. This was a welcome surprise as the Parisiens are known to be quite rude (especially to the English).
It turned out that The 'Suite' that we booked was NOT in fact a suite, (with a separate bedroom & lounge), but 1 decent sized room. It was on the top floor and had sloping walls - which I don't like as I'm quite tall & I'm 'all about the space'. We could see that the room had its charm & you either liked it or you didn't. The porter, totally unprompted, asked if we liked the room & I informed him that we weren't that keen on it.
He dutifully & cheerfully hooked us up with another one on the 2nd floor - which was much better & more stylish (with no less than 3 sets of French windows; each one with a mini balcony). The room was a little bit noisy, being much closer to the ground, but I got used to it. Besides, the hotel is 150 metres away from the Champs Elysees - so what did I expect !
I wasn't overly bothered by the 'Suite NOT being a suite' because I could see that it was still the correct square footage - as advertised on Expedia.co.uk
Lastly, the breakfast was really 1st class.
In summary; it was expensive - but you could see that the money was spent on high quality food, very well-trained staff & an excellent location.
- Also Known As:
- Champs Elysees Plaza Paris
- Hotel Champs Elysees Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 4**** hotel with exceptional Rooms and Suites (Jacuzzi bath in most of them), Wellness Centre and Ultimate Services. Just Off The champs Elysées Avenue Paris City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Fastbooking, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Champs Elysees Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.