“Nice stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Istanbul, Turkey
“Nice stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Luxembourg Parc in the mid of December and we were totally satisfied!! The room was really great and very very quiet!!! The staff was very helpful with us giving us very useful information about what to do in Paris! Great value for money. Recommended!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been regularly visiting Paris for more than 30 years.,and off course I have my favorite hotels. however this last week got the chance to stay at Luxembourg Parc for the first time. It is a small hotel with a lot of character; courteous and very efficient staff. Most important for the regular visitor, a service of concierge that makes the difference: get taxis on snowing days; suggests the most suitable bistrot for what you have in mind to invite your local friends; get tkts and recommends the best plays etc. rooms are spacious and well decorated ( not stark's but very traditional and this is what you look for when in Paris) They even have a gym !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our second stay at the Hotel Luxembourg Parc and it was not a dissappointment. We recieved the same friendly welcome and felt right at home from the very start. I agree the rooms and the bathrooms are small for British and American standards but we did not return to the hotel to admire the decor! The location, the intimate size and the welcoming reception ensured our stay in Paris met and even surpassed all our high expectations.

Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for 3 days in early January. I have stayed at 5 other boutique hotels in Paris over the past 8 years and had always llonged to stay at this seemingly charming hotel. I was disappointed.
The good: charming old french decor, fairly clean rooms, good sized bathrooms (for Paris), fairly reliable wifi, and next to lovely Luxembourg Parc.
The bad: The front desk staff is cold and incompetant. We arrived late after a flight delay--at 1:00 am. Tired, hungry, cold--we asked were we could get a bite to eat. We were told by the young man at the desk that there were no restaurants, no cafes, not convenient stores within a 15 minute walk. He explained that we were in a part of town that shuts down early because its business (the senate is at the old palace in the park) . 3 hungry kids, no place to eat--I asked him if he perhaps had a croisant or bread from the breakfast bar with which I could buy and give the kids until the am--he coldly refused to help. Well of course this is Paris and restaurants serve until 2 am, and as it turns out there were plenty of cafes, restaurants, stores, etc all open. This pattern of misinformation from the front desk happened again and again during our stay. "Is there any place nearby where I could get a cup of coffee?"..." No only this hotel." Any place to but a pastry?...No...Do any of their other customers really believe this?
If you decide to stay there do not expect a friendly helpful face to greet you and do your research about area restaurants before you go. I had cancelled a reservation at a boutique hotel near the odeon theatre to stay at the Luxembourg. The Odeon area was much more vibrant and still close to the park. I spent my time ther wishing I had not splurged on this place.
I would suggest asking ahead of time in your booking emails specifics about the various restaurants, shops, bakeries...If the staff is evasive, unknowing, or rude you will be able to tell that the hotel is not hospitable.

Room Tip: The rooms looking toward the park at he corner of the hotel have nice daylight. The breakfast is no...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
stephaneteil, Directeur général at Hotel Luxembourg Parc, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Madam,

I am terribly sorry that you had this so bad feeling about our Hotel.
I should confess that you were welcomed during the first night by someone who work with us only for few days and who did not know well the area.
You are right, we have around here many different places open during the day, from 8am to 1 am but the last course of a restaurant is 10pm and it is almost impossible to be served in a normal restaurant at 1 am even if they are still open. There is only one restaurant near Odeon (10 minutes walking from the hotel) where you can eat late but the night receptionist wasn’t aware about it.
But anyway he should have provided you some food from our breakfast even if croissants and bread are not available till the early morning delivery. I'm very surprised about the fact that the day receptionists did not indicated you a place to have a coffee or a pastry as It is their most important task to help our client in their Paris discovering and from what I read on tripadvisor it seems that they are doing it quite well.
I am very sad that the impression that you will keep from the hotel Luxembourg Parc will be the “bad hospitality” while the other reviews you could read about us always praised our sense of welcoming and dedication to our clients
I hope we will have the chance to redeem ourself during your next visit.
Best regards
Fabienne
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We spent 6 nights here in July 2012 and just returned from a week in January. We really could not be happier with this hotel. We ordered breakfast each morning to our room (because we just really like room service) and every morning it was delivered accurately and promptly. Moreover, the pastries were excellent quality (not all croissants are created equal and these are seriously good croissants as well as pain au chocolat). The staff were competent, attentive and went above and beyond for us. I was ill for part of our trip and a bit concerned that I might have the flu. They arranged for a doctor who arrived at our room within two hours (and they apologized for the delay!). Then when I did not feel well enough to go out for dinner, the night clerk (so sorry I do not know their names) arranged for the souffle place across the way to provide us with a lovely meal. And more importantly, they seemed very happy to help us. We would stay here again in a minute.

lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We recently stayed at this lovely small(ish) hotel in Paris. It overlooks (just) the Luxembourg Gardens, and has less than fifty rooms. The room we had was lovely - dual aspect - and well furnished in the tradtional Parisian style. We had a lovely large bathroom, and despite looking out over the main road, it was surprisingly quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful and indeed if it was not for the breakfast this would have got five stars. However, the breakfast is a serious shortcoming: we travel quite a bit in Europe and this was the most dismal breakfast choice I have ever seen at a five star hotel in recent years. This might have been acceptable ten years ago but the relatively thin buffet, wth an extra charge for hot dishes, is not up to scratch. The breakfast is 30 Euros for two which we paid for the conveinence, but felt we were being riped off which is a pity as the rest of the hotel is lovely... for these prices which are of a five star international level, I expect the full service, including a full breakfast choice. Thus, if you are not a breakfast person, then an excellent place to stay; if breakfast is part of the holiday-day then I would suggest looking elsewhere!

Room Tip: I imagine looking into the internal court (as I think five rooms do) would be pretty depressing, so...
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great hotel in an ideal location (within walking distance of the Seine, lovely shops, art galleries on the left bank and sites such as Notre Dame). Very friendly and helpful staff and lovely, quiet rooms with wooden beams, nice replica Louis XI furniture, marble bathroom etc. We had room 41 which gave onto the courtyard and was very quiet, except for the occasional faintest of rumblings of the outside lift which did not disturb us at all, though. We will be back!

Room Tip: room 41 is quiet since it faces the courtyard and is at the end of the floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Luxembourg Parc? Share your experiences!