“Cosy family hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,052 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Uppsala, Sweden
“Cosy family hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Well, this is 2 stars hotel so one should not expect much. The value/price ratio is very good.
Be prepared that the room is very small - especially if you are not alone. The location is outstanding - right in between the Luxembourg garden and Latin Quarter. Breakfast is included in the price and this is a typical continental breakfast - not a buffe. I would like especially emphasize the service. We were leaving the hotel when the kind of 'pride demonstration' went loose, so taxi could not get through. The receptionist went with our suitcases for two blocks and helped us to catch a taxi - without him we would miss our flight. Thank you very much again for that, that was really appreciated.

This is a perfect hotel if you do not want to spend much on a hotel yet get very reasonable place to stay. I will stay there again if I travel alone and probably look for a more spacious room if I travel with a company.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel is located close to a RER (B) station, and to many bus stops, easy walk to most of the attractions in the Quartier Latin and just meters off from the wonderful Luxembourg Gardens. So, it was an excellent choice because we were touring around all day and we needed a clean, warm room for a nice sleep. Despite the small size, we were comfortable. Nice bed, clean, the bathroom was small but very stylish, excellent wifi spot. Only the elevator is too small but keep in mind that it 's a classic old paris building. The price was excellent, especially for Christmas period and the luggage keeping service too. I definitely recommend it for a short stay.

Stayed 23 December 2012.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

What a charming little hotel. Perfect location in the heart of the Latin Quarter and straight across from the beautiful Luxembourg Gardens. The price was unbeatable considering the central location. I really have to commend the staff who were so friendly and helpful. They provided us with any information we needed and arranged for a shuttle bus to take us to the airport on the last day. Yes, our room was quite small but it was very charming...what do you expect in Paris! We had a pretty little balcony overlooking the quaint Rue de Goff. The breakfast was perfect and très français! The hotel was quiet and peaceful, we were never disturbed by noise as you may be on busier streets of Paris. It was also very useful to have a grocery story on our street.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Saint-Genis-Pouilly, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very good position and very good crew. The service is excellent. Very kindly. Baggage storage at arrival and when you left very useful. It was a business trip, but the position and all the public transport services close to the hotel, allow me to enjoy Paris all day and night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have the misfortune to be still staying in this hotel for business. The location is good and the internet works. That's about as much praise as I can offer. Having now read the previous reviews, I can confirm that the rooms are tiny. You couldn't swing a pigeon in here, let alone a cat. My clothes are still in my suitcase as there is nowhere to hang them. If you sit on the toilet, you cannot close the bathroom door as your legs will be in the way. That is how small the bathroom is. And don't even try to sit on the chair provided in the bedroom.
The hotel is currently being refurbished but no amount of paint or new curtains will make the rooms any bigger.
Breakfast was a non-event as we had to leave this morning at 7.30 by which time the baguettes had not been delivered, although breakfast is theoretically served from 7.00.
The location does not make up for the disadvantages. Avoid.

Room Tip: There aren't any good rooms. They are all tiny. The disabled access room on the ground floor i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I thought I had written a review about this, but I think it was lost with my old profile. As I`m planning to go back to Paris this year, I wanted to be sure not to even consider booking this hotel.

Back to 2007, we had booked 10 days, and one day paid in advance. We trusted the pictures on their website. We knew the elevator was small (one person and one small suitcase at a time). But we were not prepared for the horror scene once we got to our floor. The floor itself was bending and making noises, as if the whole hotel could fall down at any minute. Our room was ridiculous. One bed and no space to even walk at its sides. There was a small bench for one suitcase. We were a couple travelling 17 days through Europe, in the winter, so we had 3 heavy suitcases.

There was mould on the walls. You could just open half of the bathroom door. The bathroom was smaller than many wardrobes. The door of the shower corner was broken. Everything was smelly and dirty. We didn`t unpack, went to the receiption and complained, trying to get a better room. The front desk person said that was the only room available.

So we went out (under rain, at night, after 15 hours of flight) and found another hotel. On the next morning, we communicated we were checking out. The manager started to yell us, saying we would have to pay for the 10 days. We said no, and he said he would call the police. We said we were grateful if he could do it, because we would show the police how different our room was from the ones they show in their website.

Then we stepped back and wanted to offer another room (the night before they said no other room was available). We said no and left this hotel. I would not recommend it even for my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Note: I chosen the date august 2011 because I could not choose the real date - we visited this hotel...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Otego, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

When I look for hotel rooms in Europe, I don't worry much about the size of the room because I'm not planning to spend much time there. Instead I look for location, and this place was great. Lots of great food, including a great crepe stand on rue Gay-Lussac across from the institut Oceanographique, and plenty of the usual parisian epcurian delights. Less than a block from the RER line B at Luxembourg, and maybe two blocks from the Pantheon. It was great for that reason. ( the food was so good in the neighboorhood in fact that I recommend just skipping the hotel breakfast and heading for a patisserie or one of the crepe stands).

On the down side, the bed was not comfortable for me and my bad back. And in the summer, the room is stifling hot which meant needing the window open, and let me tell you that the rue Le Goff is a favorite thoroughfare for drunk people and hooligans. I was awakened every night around 3 by someone yelling and singing or beating on parked cars or drag racing bikes. If you are a sound sleeper, maybe this isnt a problem, but it was for me. I can't wait to catch my flight so I can sleep.

Overall, then, I think I got what I paid for. A cheap room with a great location, but only a few hours sleep each night at most. Next time I will book one of the other hotels in the area, but I would be ok if I ended up back here

Room Tip: See if you can get a room ending in 04 or 05 that doesn't face the street. It might be better
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel du Bresil? Share your experiences!