“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Taylor Hotel

You added Taylor Hotel to your Saves list
Taylor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Taylor, 75010 Paris, France (Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord)   |
Ranked #829 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Paris
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I think this hotel is not 3 stars. There are no a condition and a refrigerator. Soundproofing with neighboring rooms are nice, but the door to the hall was full soundproofing. Posteldnoe linen is not changed all 8 days of stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Sir;

Thank you very much for leaving a comment on Trip Advisor. I always take great interest in reading my guest’s reviews because it tells us what to improve, correct or maintain.

I am glad you liked the soundproofing of our rooms and corridors. Indeed, our hotel is very quiet and this is quite appreciated especially in a big city like Paris.

Let me answer precisely regarding the two points you mention :

Our hotel is a three star hotel and passed the inspection last September by the official French organisation which is the only one allowed to give stars certification. The points you mention in your review are not mandatory for a three star hotel. In addition, you will find a precise description of our amenities in our official website and the ones of the various agencies we work with.

For your information, we serve cold or hot drinks 24 hours a day (except alcohol) upon a simple request to our desk staff ; In addition we have several fridges in the hotel and our guests can always demand that we store some of their personal food or drinks. We are always more than happy to help.

As far as the bedsheets and pillowcases are concerned : there are changed every three days for long stay. Our managing software alerts us automatically each day and a copy of this alert is given to our cleaning maids. This has been a standard routine for years and there are no exception. Of course, there is always a possibility that a maid makes a mistake. This is very unusual but unfortunately it can happen too. Please accept my apologies for this. Just for you to know, on a simple request, all your bedsheets would have been replaced instantly.

I hope that this did not caused you too many disappointements and that you were able to spend a nice time in Paris. I don’t know if you will come back to visit us again, nevertheless you will always be welcome at Hotel TAYLOR.

Kind regards,

Angel S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel was okay, though the first night we had to stay in the annex as they had made a mistake concerning our booking. Fortunately there was a room availabe there and the next day they took care of the transportation of our luggage, which was nice.

The price in February was quite good, but as we stayed till March 2nd, we had to pay a lot more for that last night. So in another season the price-value relationship is worse.

The location of the hotel was very good, close to two metro stations, but the street was difficult to find. The first night we made a big detour because the entrance-arch to the street is hardly visible (you enter the street through an arch). They should explain that in their information.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Agatha,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor.

I thank you as well for reporting on various positive aspects about our hotel.

Regarding the points your mention :

I inquired our desk staff to find out what happened. What was reported to me was that you wanted to stay in a twin room. Unfortunately all our twin rooms were already assigned and our night receptionist proposed you to spend the night in our sister hotel next door which had a twin room available. In anycase, there was a double room booked for you at the TAYLOR Hotel so there was no risk to be left without a place to stay for the night. I can totally see how this has been annoying to you and it was unfortunate that we were full that day as this gave us very little possibility to arrange for a change of room. I am really sorry for this and please accept my full apology. If you were to return again to visit us, please write me directly using the website e-mail address and I will make sure everything will be set up as you wish for your arrival.

Regarding how to get to the hotel : the easiest way is to get off at Republique station, stay inside the metro and follow the corridors to line 9 (Montreuil/Pont de Sèvres), this will lead you to exit number 6 to the street “René Boulanger” which is crossing our Street “Rue TAYLOR”. If you arrive at Gare du Nord, then take line 5 and get down 2 metro stations later at “Jacques Bonsergent”, follow street Lucien Sampaix which leads directly to Rue TAYLOR (opposite to the Arch you mention in your review).

I hope that besides those two points, you had a nice stay in Paris and I really wish to see you again for your next visit.

Kind regards,

Wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We arrived at hotel Taylor tired after spending about an hour trying to find it. We had got off at republic metro stop which is very close to the hotel (also Strasbourg st Denis) but had got confused with street names and so many of them! However, we were given a friendly welcome and complimentary coffee and cake to welcome us. We had arrived too early to check in (3pm) but were able to store our luggage safety so we could explore the area. There are plenty of shops and resturaunts/ cafes to try ...all we tried were good especially the Bistro renaissance, which was just down the road from the Rue Hotel.
Our room was nice ..room 101!
Clean and fresh, the bed was comfortable and the Hotel is situated up a quiet Street away from the hassle and bustle.
it is a great base for anyone visiting Paris as the metros are near and will get you anywhere in paris. We walked to Notre dame the one day which was great passing by Marché les Enfants Rouges ..market in Marais area which was filled with interesting shops and resturaunts..
The gentleman who offered us our coffee refreshments on our arrival and the excellent and extremely helpful receptionist ( sorry didn't know names), need a gold star for their hospitality. The receptionist was cheerful and helped us each day with our planned sight seeing etc telling us which metro lines and also saved us some money telling us the Lourve is free on the first Sunday of the month..
It was my 50th birthday celebration and we had such a lovely long weekend ...thank you Hotel Taylor....

Room Tip: 101 was a standard double and very nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Mary,

What a pleasure to read your recent review about the Hotel Taylor on Trip Advisor !
Thank you for sharing all your tips and advices. This is definitely helpful.

The person in reception who was helping is called Mafalda. She has been with us for many years now and indeed, she knows Paris inside out.
And as for the “gentleman” who offered you our home-made cake and coffee... well, this was me :-)

We will be very happy to welcome you again for your next visit and if you allow me... besides the fact that I am a bit late : HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to Paris from the 11th until the 15th of February this year and stayed at the Taylor hotel. The hotel was initially chosen because of the price and good reviews. It did not let us down! We went by Eurostar and managed to walk with two heavy suitcases and a big handbag to the hotel in just under 15 minutes. We were told our room wasn't ready and to give them until 4pm but we could leave our bags in their sister hotel next door. After a drink and a walk around we came back and were given our room. My first thought was it was a little on the small side but it didn't matter particularly as we just used it to put our heads down at night. The furnishings are lovely though! It was a shame about the fact that our back doors opened onto another building so couldn't see much but again, we weren't fussed as we were always out. I wish I had got her name because there was a particular receptionist who was absolutely wonderful! All i know is she had dark hair and helped us find so many metro stops! As a receptionist myself I was extremely pleased with the service this particular lady provided. We didn't pay for breakfast so couldn't say about how that was. We are already planning a summer break back at the Taylor! Nicole & Billy from room 206!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Nicole,

I was very pleased to read you recent and very positive review on trip advisor. I really thank you for taking the time to report on your experience with us.

The girl at reception is called Magda and yes indeed, she is very effective and helpful. She has been working in the hotel for many years and she loves her job ! Her sister also helps as the second receptionist on week-ends and is also very competent. I will tell Magda about your compliments and I am sure she will be very pleased.

We will be very happy to welcome you again this summer. As a good tip, if you book directly with us after the 15th of July, we will be able to give you a better price.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for two nights from 19/2/13 in a double room on the first floor.

We got a good deal online and paid around 150 Euros total for our stay, which when the advertised price in reception states 170 Euros per night seems a stormer, so I suggest people have a look around on line to see what the best deal they can get is before booking.

The location is pretty good, particularly if you are coming in to Gare Nord which is a simple 10/15 minute walk away. There is a metro station right near by, but you can walk to the river in 15/20 minutes if you're not in a rush.

The room was really nice, comfy, not too small as I'd been reading, with tea/coffee, A TV (I didn't turn it on so couldn't comment on the channels) and a hairdryer (ours didn't work but we didn't complain at the time so can't really comment on that). All in all pretty good.

WIFI is free (which is great) but if you log on with your phone you'll have to go and ask for a separate password for your laptop (still free) as they are individualized.

Didn't have the breakfast 15 Euros seemed a fair whack, but they said there was a 10 Euro option too,

Reception is open 24 hours and everyone spoke English which is always useful.

Quiet. Easy. Cheapish. Good stuff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for leaving a positive and detailed review about the Hotel Taylor.

I am very glad we were able to meet your expectation and that you have had a nice stay in Paris.

About the rate you paid, alike all other hotels in Paris, our pricing depends on the season and the time when you make your reservation. Just for your information and as an additional tip, try to contact us directly so we can give you the best possible price.

Thank you for alerting me about the hairdryer so we can fix it real quick.

We will very very happy to see you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Whilst searching the Internet for hours planning our trip to Paris, I stumbled upon this little gem of a hotel. I really could not recommend it more highly. It is beautifully decorated, incorporating quaint boutique charm. The reception staff are friendly and were extremely helpful throughout our stay. The hotel is warm and clean with spacious secure rooms. It is located in the 10th district of Paris, only 4 mins on the metro to Gare du Nord, and about 10 mins from all the major attractions in Paris. There are some lovely restaurants within walking distance that are not overly priced - can highly recommend Cafe Republique near to Republique metro and Rennaissance (on the left as you're heading towards Strasboug St Denis metro). There are also some lovely bars in the local area, one of which serves great wine and cheese and meat platters (turn left after the arch when leaving the hotel and its about 100yards up on the left before the road forks). The hotel also has free wifi and although breakfast is not included (there is an extra charge - this is quite common in Paris) it didn't bother us as most mornings we wanted to get out to see the sights so were happy with a croissant and coffee from a local boulangerie. Overall we had a great 3 night break in Paris and if we came back we wouldn't hesitate in booking this lovely hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear “monkey_rach”,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Hotel TAYLOR. I thank you as well for leaving nice tips about the area and the restaurants nearby.

We will be very glad to see you again for your next visit in Paris.

Angel S.

Been to Taylor Hotel? Share your experiences!