“Hotel Taylor” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taylor Hotel

You added Taylor Hotel to your Saves list
Taylor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Taylor, 75010 Paris, France (Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord)   |
Ranked #830 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Hotel Taylor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Very satisfied with this hotel.Well located for the metro Strasbourg-St. Denis just two minutes walk away. Location is well serviced for restaurants/brasseries. The hotel is situated in a quiet street away from traffic or any other noise. Our room was clean and of a reasonable size, with a large comfortable bed. Multilingual receptionist could not have been more helpful with an excellent knowledge of Paris.Altogether very happy to recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I should think that all rooms would be noise free due to the hotels location
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Stella,

Thank you so much for your very positive review posted on Trip Advisor.

I am very glad that you had a very good stay at Hotel Taylor and that you will recommend us to your friends.

We will be very happy to welcome you again.

Angel S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel was small, but sweet. Loved the location. The staff were all very helpful and happy to accommodate. Rooms are small, but clean. The only drawback, TV selection was limited. Only CNN and Sky News. Nothing in French or any other shows in English. But hey, not in Paris to watch TV But, I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear “redbowl”

Thank you very much for leaving a positive review on Trip Advisor on our Hotel and I was happy to know you will stay there again.

About the TV, we have indeed all the French TNT channels (about 30 of them) and I was sorry to see you were not able to watch them. By pressing the “DTV” key on the remote control, you can shift from French to Foreign channels. There is a detailed explanation on our welcoming book in every room. We have 5 international channels (Italian, German, Japanese, Skynews and CNN). Of course we are planning to add more this coming year. I am glad to see that this did not give you much trouble and that you enjoyed your stay nevertheless.

We will be very happy to welcome you again in the future,

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is our last night at the hotel. We are on honeymoon and we received a bottle of Champagne on our arrival. The room is an ok size, bed comfortable and hardly any noise! Great location for the metro and easily walkable to le marais. The staff are good and attentive, all in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear “Amers N”

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Hotel Taylor.

We are very proud that you selected us for such a special occasion as you honey moon.

I am very glad that you enjoyed the hotel, its location, your room and my staff.

We wish you an entire life of happiness with your beloved spouse.

You will always be welcome at the Hotel Taylor and especially to celebrate your future wedding anniversary :-)

Leicestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel was very pleasant. Not sure breakfast is worth 15 euros though. Plus the hotel needs to change its directions from the metro. It is not 2 mins walk from Republique stop. You need to get on line 4 and get off at Saint Denis as that is closer. It would help if on the directions it told you which road to take when you got out of the metro as there are several roads leading off it. It is a good job I speak French as I had to enlist the help of the locals! But all in all the hotel is nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Julie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you find our hotel pleasant and nice.

About the breakfast, for your information, we have recently recreated our entire breakfast so it is made with very fresh and home-made products. For instance, our croissants and French “baguette” are prepared and cooked just a few hours before they are delivered to our hotel by a real traditional baker. Our yogurts, marmelades, cereal bread, cakes are prepared by ourselves. No industrial products ! We offer high quality juice, tea, coffee and chocolate because we want to serve our guests a genuine, high quality and well furnished breakfast which could easily replace an entire meal. Anyway, for those who don’t want to spend 15 euros, we offer an alternative continental breakfast for 10 euros.

About the location, actually there are 3 metro stations around (“Strasbourg Saint-Denis”, “Jacques Bonsergent” and “République”), all of them are at walking distance from the hotel. Depending on where you are arriving from, one metro station would be better than the other ones. However a good tip which will fit in the great majority of cases is to get down at République station but instead of going outside, one should stay inside the metro corridors and walk in the direction of line 9 (Montreuil/ Pont de Sèvres) and look for the exit number 6 “Rue René Boulanger” which is located very close to the Hotel. I hope this can be of help and I will definitly add this information on our website as the direct result of you mentioning this difficulty you had in finding us.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were so excited to come to our cute French hotel for our last days in Europe. Unfortunately we are so disappointed with the hotel. The staff are lovely and helpful and the rooms are small but cute. But it's the noisiest most uncomfortable place I've every stayed. The beds are horrible and towels ratty. You hear every door open, lift move and toilet flush.
If you are coming from the main train station in Paris it's a bit scary and I felt uncomfortable, however the back of the hotel onto the square is very cute. Plenty of restaurants and very close to the metro station.

Room Tip: If your looking for a place to crash at night it will do, if your looking for a peaceful nights slee...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Evey1986,

I was very surprised and shocked when I read your comment about your stay in Hotel Taylor.

My surprise came from the fact that you describe the hotel as noisy and the beds uncomfortable since 99% of our clients are commenting positively about those exact same points you mention. We have changed all the mattresses and replaced them with high quality ones about a year ago in all bed rooms. Our street is very quiet and so is our hotel. Our corridors are very large and each room is insulated with double-glazed windows and each wall covered with a thick tissue that isolate further from the noise between the rooms.

I have never heard a complain in seven years from anyone of my guest hearing the lift from his bed room ! And the fact is that the lift is separated from the corridors by a large floor and a huge anti-fire door. One of my guests come to our hotel since 1993 just because it is so quiet.

I am not denying the fact that it can happen that persons can chat loudly in the corridors sometimes or the maids can be a bit noisy while cleaning. Of course, this can happen too, but giving the impression that our hotel is extremely noisy is not the reflection of truth even though I really feel sorry that this is how you experienced it.

I can assure you that when something is not right with my hotel, I am the first one to personally intervene and make sure it is put right with no delay. The comfort and happiness of
my guests is my sole concern.

About the towels, they are replaced twice a year for the entire hotel. Unfortunately, It might be that some old remaining ones have not yet been removed and just for you to know, on a simple request, they would have been replaced.

I found out you are still in the hotel and it would have been an easy thing to ask for me or the Director Nathalie as we could have sorted out the trouble immediately and moved you into an other room or floor perhaps. We are always available for our guests.

To end on a positive note, I appreciate that you cared to mention the friendliness of my staff and the cute decoration of our rooms.

yalding
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

we stayed here for 5 nights with friends and family arriving for celebrations ,the staff were welcoming and helpful.it is possible to walk to many paris areas from here .our room was not large but the bed was comfy and the room clean ,breakfast was continental with good choice ,i would certainly choose this hotel again ,there a good bar at the end of the road next to the theatre,and brasserie flo walkable and julien plus little italian too and many more resturants in the vicinity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your last experience at Taylor Hotel including the few tips about the restaurants and bars nearby.

Nothing makes us more happy than seeing our guests feeling happy, comfortable and satisfied. Your review tells us we have been able to achieve this with you.

We will be very glad to see you again in the future for an other pleasant stay !

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Taylor hotel from 23rd to 26th November 2012 and loved it.

The position is fantastic. We walked from Gare du Nord, and it only took us 15 - 20 minutes. Walking in to the centre of Paris takes longer, about 30 - 40 minutes, but its a lovely walk. The hotel is also very close to a Metro station. A tip we picked up was the weekend Metro ticket for under 26s. It's well worth getting if you're eligible.

The room was small but perfectly comfortable, after all, all we use a hotel for is to sleep! The rooms were modern and contained all the amenities needed.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. One receptionist even went so far as to book a table for us at one of her favourite restaurants, Le Reminet, which turned out to be a fantastic place and somewhere I would recommend for a romantic meal in a cosy setting.

We also booked an evening wine tasting at O Chateau - another fantastic experience and one I would recommend. It may look a little pricey but it is most definitely worth it. You're in a beautiful setting, with plenty of wine and nibbles and not expected to learn too much.

I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for leaving a comment on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. Nothing makes us more happy than seeing our guests spend a good time in Paris and in our hotel, as besides everything, this is why we chose to be hotel owners.

For your information, we are just about to release our new breakfast formula which will consist of “homemade” high quality products made by ourselves and real craftmen bakers. Hopefully you will enjoy our new traditional French breakfast during your next visit.

Together with my staff we wish you a very happy new year 2013.

Kind Regards,

Angel S.

Been to Taylor Hotel? Share your experiences!