“hotel taylor paris france february 2012” 3 of 5 stars

Taylor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Taylor, 75010 Paris, France (République)   |
Ranked #722 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
fareham hants
“hotel taylor paris france february 2012”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

this typical parisian hotel is compact, plain and functional. thats it.
do not expect anything other than basic amenities
there is no resturant or bar or pool
the lift is small
there is a small room where they serve breakfast
be careful breakfast is not included unless you have it in writing from your booking agent
we had to pay for ours but got refunded, and we had it in writing?
close to the metro, plenty of resturants to choose from locally
perfect for a short business trip
we had a shower with no curtain or screen, the floor got wet

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for leaving your comment on Trip Advisor last July and sorry if it took so long to answer it. We recently changed the management of the hotel and this caused some delay in responding our guest’s communications.

In addition to your observations and tips, you need to know that we have just completed a major renovation and decoration project of the hotel specially in the common areas. It looks really nice now and we have been getting very positive comments from many of our guests who really felt like they found their second “home” in Paris. This is really nice to hear as this is really what we want to achieve for everyone of them.

By the way, we have fixed the shields and curtains issue in all of our bathrooms.

We would really be happy to welcome you again in our hotel and meanwhile we wish you a very happy new year 2013.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Warning!! the photos of this hotel are very deceiving!! The hotel is tiny, the lobby is full of odd bird cages filled with cheap looking champagne bottles and furry things all covered in dust! We too were told to put our bags in this odd little add on next door to the main entrance, the bag room was unlocked and the room appeared to be a dumping ground for broken headboards and general tat. My room could have been so much better without much effort. To say it looked tired was an understatement, it was knackered! My bathroom had a hoard of dead ants on the floor (who takes the time to kill ants and then not pick them up?) tiles were shabby with bits hanging off. The final insult was the 15Euro breakfast. 15 Euros to sit in this tiny room (which on the photo looks wonderful). It seated about 12 people but there was only enough room for about 6 so we all squeezed in! It was a buffet of cornflakes, dry croissant (cold) and butter. If you rather spend 10Euro you got to eat in the addon room next door! Oh and the rooms were supposed to be soundproofed, I heard everything. All night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Nathalie T, Directeur général at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience with our hotel.

I will try to be as precise as I can in response to your experience which unfortunately does not seem to be quite a positive one.

It is true, there is one bird cage in the lobby with 2 bottles of champagne inside and this is a decoration element that reminds our guests about our special theme rooms.

By the time you wrote your comment the hotel next door which you are referring to for the luggage room, was under renovation and the headboards were old ones being removed from the rooms since we were installing the new furniture. Of course all of this old furniture have now been removed since long.

By the way, the luggage room is under continuous 24h day camera surveillance.

Regarding the ants : I recall this having been reported to me and was handled on the spot with the appropriate products and I have not heard of any trouble since.

Regarding the breakfast area. We have been adding more seats for our guests and rearranging the area so it is more spacious. I can understand that on peak loads this might have created some problems. Since our breakfast reorganization I have not heard of any complains. The breakfast room can now accommodate 16 persons.

Our 15 euros breakfast includes 3 types of juices, 3 types of cereals, eggs, 2 types of ham, 4 type of cheese, yoghurts, fresh fruits, usual beverages, 2 type of breads including fresh French baguettes and 3 types of viennoiseries and various other items. All of our bread and viennoiseries are delivered on the day there are eaten. We do not serve the rest of these items next day if they have not been all eaten.

In addition and as you mention we propose a 10 euros breakfast next door on our second hotel which is still a complete buffet breakfast with all items can be eaten all you want.

I am not sure you will want to give us a second chance, but in case, be assured that we will do all of our best to make your stay a very pleasant one.

Nathalie T.
Wyandotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and two sons stayed at this gem of a hotel in May. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The reception staff were always very helpful to us and, I liked the location. It was just a few minute walk to the subway and great restaurants are located near this hotel.
The hotel director was extremely helpful in returning two articles of clothing that I left behind at the hotel. I cannot thank her enough for all of the attention and time she gave for making sure that I received the package. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if and when I return to Paris plus, I will highly recommend Hotel Taylor to all of my friends and family who are fortunate enough to visit Paris.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I had read many reviews about this hotel before I decided to book it and I am happy I did. The location couldn't be better, in the centre of Paris literally a 2/3 minutes walk to the Replublique metro station which connects with all the main lines. The area where Hotel Taylor has many cafes, restaruants, supekrmarrkets, etc.... which is useful if you arrive atired after a long day sightseeing. Most importantly, the area is safe; we walked to Notre Dame from the hotel during the night and loved it. Free wifi in the rooms. wTe only thing I would say is that the bathroom in the room we were given was not reenovated as Ihave seen in other pictures in the website and I was a bit dissapointed. The rooms are not too big but if like us you are going to Paris to enjoy the city and will not ebe spending that much time in the hotel, I fully recommend this one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Listed as a four star hotel the Paris Taylor hotel is hidden down a side street in Republique (3rd arr). A second stay here and as good this time as last. Positives: Clean, comfortable rooms, good continental breakfast served, helpful reception staff, free wifi accessible in all rooms, two mins walk from Republique metro. Negatives: room are small but as would expect for Paris, Bathrooms are small too but clean and well appointed. Since the previous stay there is a Superior breakfast served in Paris Taylor Hotel for a 5 euro surcharge. Otherwise it's breakfast in the Annex Hotel next door (still good however). Agree with previous reviewers comments about leaving bags in luggage room (unlocked) in Annex Hotel next door - slight worry about security but left bags all the same with no issue. Would I stay again? Definitely as a good value for money hotel with a good location. Cafe Balbuzard (left out of hotel, turn again under arch, 10m walk) is fabulous another hidden Paris gem.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel are slightly larger. There's a school at the back of the hotel which ca...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Burtonsville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

On the positive side: the hotel is in a good location, the price was reasonable, the bed was comfortable, the Internet is free, the bathroom was newly renovated, and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. On the downside, the breakfast was forgettable, and most important, the bathroom had an awful smell coming from it, probably mold. I ended up keeping its door closed and the window open all night to minimize it. I complained to the front desk and the woman was distraught because the bathroom had just been renovated. Maybe my particular room is unusual (it was #506), but I wouldn't take a chance again.

Room Tip: Don't take #506
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nathalie T, Directeur général at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for leaving a comment on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to answer it so late but I recently took my functions as new Director for the Hôtel Taylor.

I have read your message very carefully.

First of all I wanted to thank you for reporting also about the many positive elements you enjoyed about our hotel.

About the room 506 : I have gotten my plumber to look into and repair what was wrong. It was basically a drainage problem which was fixed and we did not have any bad reports on it since.
I am really sorry that you had to go through this very unpleasant experience. I can assure you that this room is not “particular” and to day if such outness is noticed I would certainly not allow this room to be rented until fully repaired.

Again accept my apology and be sure that if you were willing to come and visit us again, I would make sure that you will have a very pleasant stay.

Nathalie T.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a couple of night recently. Our room was really lovely and we received a complimentary bottle of champagne and some sweets on arrival which was a nice touch. The bed was comfy and the room was very clean. The area was also great with really good transport links around the city and also some nice cafes in the local area. The only disappointing experience for us was the noise outside the hotel, on both nights we were kept awake by people in the early hours of the morning, I realise the noise outside the hotel is out of their control but maybe it shouldnt be marketed down a 'quiet road'. Also I did send a couple of emails to the hotel prior to our arrival requesting an earlier check in which were ignored!
All in all a nice hotel and great for a romantic getaway!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Angel S, Propriétaire at Taylor Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear lauzz1985

Thank you very much for leaving a positive review on Trip Advisor early this year. I am sorry to answer it so late but we recently changed the management of the hotel and we are now answering any and all past communications from our guests.

I am glad you liked our hotel, your room and its set up.

I have carefully noted your observations about the noise and the fact that some of your mails were not answered.

Just for you to know, our street has just been fully renovated by the city of Paris and is now half-pedestrian with very little car traffic so it is very calm and clean. In addition, all of our windows are double-glazed. Our new Director has spent a lot of time recently to improve our quality of service and that includes getting all the mails answered in due time.

In addition we have just completed a full renovation project on the common areas with new decorations and our guests have been commenting on this very positively.

We be very pleased to welcome you again in our hotel and meanwhile the entire team of the Hotel Taylor and myself wish you a merry Christmas.

Angel S.

Been to Taylor Hotel? Share your experiences!