“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taylor Hotel

You added Taylor Hotel to your Saves list
Taylor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Taylor, 75010 Paris, France (Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord)   |
Ranked #829 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

The Taylor Hotel is lovely. It is really pretty, clean and very spacious considering it is in the centre of Paris. The rooms were clean and comfortable. It is well located - a few yards from the tourist "hop on, hop off" bus service and several restaurants and cafes. It is in a quiet one way street and felt very safe for 4 women travelling alone. The staff were very helpful and spoke very good English and they booked taxis, bus tickets and Moulin Rouge tickets for us. We all really enjoyed our stay and would back to the Taylor Hotel.

Room Tip: The suite is very good for families - 1 double and a twin across the corridor that can be shut off t...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here.
Pros:
Very helpful
Free wifi very useful when using smartphones and researching places to go!
Lovely decor
Close to metro
On a side street so not noisy at night
Nice area

Cons:
small shower room, but coped ok
rooms quite small (but so are all rooms in paris unless you pay ridiculous amounts)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

The hotel is located in arrodissement 10e. The front desks were so helpfull.
We stayed at honeymoon room with two balconies at 4th floor and got a welcome champagne.
Nice area, and very calm. 5mnts to Republique metro station.
Nice hotel, nice neigbourhood, we will stay at Taylor hotel again if we visit Paris.
(not recommended for budget travellers)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
St Clears, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

My daughter and I bought and paid online for a room at the Hotel Taylor through booking company DHR Discounted Hotels (Met Global). We arrived late at the hotel (22.00h) to be told that there was no room available. I made it quite clear that we had a pre-paid voucher and were not leaving unless an alternative room was found and paid for by the hotel. The night watchman found only one hotel after at least 20 minutes of ringing around and told us that we would have to pay for the room and then claim it back from Hotel Taylor the following day. Frankly after the rude and quite bizarre behaviour of the 'concierge' we did not trust them to reimburse us so sat it out. We had not eaten (air and train delays) and we were offered tap water out of a Fanta bottle! The caretaker continued in a sporadic and apathetic fashion to ring other hotels until 22.30 when I decided to call the police. As I speak French I was able to choose this option in the absence of an alternative like being able to get through to the 24 hour toll-free DHR booking line. The police were fantastic and arrived within 30 minutes. They understood our circumstances, were absolutely charming and refused to leave the hotel until a room was found. Imagine our surprise then when suddenly at around 00.15 the concierge spotted a key to an empty room on the desk where he had been sitting!!! He claimed that a guest had checked out and he was not aware of this. The police inspected the room and insisted on us being ordered food (they did not think it was safe for us to leave the hotel at that time). Room service was supplied by the hotel but is not a viable alternative at 15Euros for a buffalo mozzarella, 4 cherry tomatoes and a bit of rocket.

The 'boutique-style' room was adequate but incredibly noisy all night with building work starting very early and laundry trolleys being dragged around. We had the paid for breakfast the following morning which at 15 Euros each for processed cheese, meat, cereals and pastries would have been a rip off if we had shelled out for it.

Someone has commented that this hotel is over-priced and it is - the photos on the web are VERY 'complimentary'.

My complaint to the hotel about our appalling treatment at the hands of the concierge has resulted in them saying they will not process the invoice for the hotel, nevertheless I am now faced with the uphill struggle of trying to claim back this money from DHR. Sadly I now feel that I would prefer the security of booking with a chain of hotels rather than an independent as they may have had more luck funding an alternative. An unguarded comment from the caretaker suggested that this has happened before.

I still do not know who was at fault here (DHR or Hotel Taylor) but my advice would be avoid both like the plague.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

My boyfriend and I were excited to stay in the hotel Taylor after reading some of the reviews on TA however we were very disappointed with the room and the service(not including that of the reception). We arrived Friday night and was greeted by a young guy who was lovely. He recommended a nice restaurant for dinner literally round the corner called Balthazar. Fab food and great service.

The room itself was ok. It was tiny with nowhere to hang your clothes and the wifi was non existent because we were on the 6th floor. The bathroom was Tired and dated but served it's purpose.

So now we get to the bit which really put me off this location and the hotel. We were having a nice wander back to the hotel and walked through the archway to get to the hotel. There was some girls who followed closely behind us and went in front of us rather quickly so I immediately clung to my purse. What they did will haunt me. They proceeded to defecate in front of us as if we weren't there. Yes, seriously. By no means did this put me off Paris, but I will not be going back to this area of Paris. Also the is always some dodgy looking men hanging around the square at night. If you are a young couple wanting romance and a taste of Paris life or are a young female traveller(s) avoid this place.

We never tried breakfast so can't comment.

• Stayed June 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed for two nights. Quiet location close to two main metros, saint Denis and republique, so easy to get anywhere and not far to walk to the Marais. Very nice rooms of a good size, clean and well decorated, nice bathroom. More than adequate continental breakfast, very pleasant staff. I would have written all o te above before I got to the airport to realise I had left our passports in the room. No problem they arranged for the driver of a airport shuttle to bring them and arrived in time for me and my wife to catch our flight. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Not a bad hotel by any means, and the room was nice, if small. However, the bathroom was a bit tired and the wi-fi signal was really patchy (and that was on floor 1 and 2, the closest ones to the modem at reception). We didn't try breakfast but we did have to chase fresh tea bags for drinks in the room. Staff were generally helpful if not exactly ecstatic.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Taylor Hotel? Share your experiences!