“Good location and very clean room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Baldi

Save Saved
You added Hotel Baldi to your Saves list
Hotel Baldi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   42, Boulevard Garibaldi, 75015 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Ranked #792 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good location and very clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights and it was a good stay. It is around 20 minutes walking distance from the Eiffel tower and you have Metro line 6 passing in front of the hotel, thus location wise I would say it is perfect. I used the Cambronne metro stop as my "base" stop for the hotel.

I did not take the breakfast as you have a lot of baguette shops in same road apart from 2 super markets and a green grocer close by. Also some mid range restaurants are present and Mc Donalds is close by

The receptionists were quite helpful and all spoke a good level of English.

The only suggestion I would give to the hotel management is that you should provide the persons staying at the hotel with an identification card so that on return to the hotel the identification card is presented in exchange for the room key. Reasons being that in my first days there, I used to see new receptionists every time I returned to the hotel and they never asked me for any "proof" of who I am, I only asked room number and they gave me the key. It is a procedure that can be abused for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We booked this hotel as it was close to Eiffel Tower and right outside was metro. The rooms are small but good if you are not staying on the top most floor with good AC. Our bad luck that we booked two rooms and got one on the top floor. The difference in rooms is a lot. That room was crammed and the bathroom was too small cause of the slanting roof. The breakfast was average continental one. The Hotel can do much better if they improve their rooms.

Room Tip: Do not take the rooms on the top most floor ..... really bad.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kaiserslautern, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I just read the review by Strangwick_Kent and I could have written the exact same review. We were even there the same weekend. I would recommend Hotel Baldi to anyone wanting to visit Paris for a few days and don't want to blow a lot of money on a room that you'll barely stay in. There aren't a lot of frills and the room is pretty basic, but unless you plan on spending your Paris trip in your room, it's all good. The rooms are clean and have comfortable mattresses. The windows seal up good so we didn't hear the elevated metro right across from our room so don't let that be a deterrent if you're concerned. We stayed for three nights for less than what we've spent for one night in Paris on a previous visit. Close restaurants, easy access to the metro, and just a short walk to the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides make Hotel Baldi a good choice in my opinion. Now, about that elevator. I saw reviews commenting about the size (or lack thereof) of the elevator. You can pretty much fit only two adults on it at one time so if you've got a larger group, you're going to have to make a couple of trips or take the stairs. However, you'll be telling stories about that elevator to your grand kids sometime down the line. The only thing missing is that creepy elevator attendant from Tower of Terror at Disney World. I guess the only negative that I have is that the air conditioner didn't seem to work too well which may be a problem in the summer, but wasn't an issue in March since you can just open a window. Overall, I would stay there again if I have the opportunity to return. Make sure you grab a complimentary croissant from the desk in the lobby.

Room Tip: I would imagine that rooms away from the street may be a little quieter but from the 5th floor up on...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel from 14-16th March 2014 and it was absolutely fine. After reading various reviews we didn't know what to expect but on arrival everything was as you needed a city break hotel to be. We arrived just after 2 on the Friday and checked straight in with no hassle. The lady on reception was helpful enough in giving us a map etc. We were rarely in the hotel so we never really had much contact with the staff or other guests. The Eiffel Tower is a short 10 minutes walk, and there are two met stations Segur and Cambronne which are less than a five minute walk. The hotel is well situated if you want to see everything in Paris. You can walk to montparnesse in roughly 10mins or jump on the met if you want to go elsewhere (or walk like we did). If you haven't booked breakfast at the hotel like we didn't there isn't many restaurants open at breakfast time near the hotel. There is one opposite the hotel which sells a croissant, hot drink and orange juice for €7.50. If you want a full English you won't find one anywhere!!

The hotel is surrounded by restaurants and a supermarket and is in a good location, but if you're looking for 5 star this is not it. If you want a busier night life with better restaurants then head towards the notre dame, although this is a shirt met journey direct from Cambronne met station. The rooms are clean and big enough for a city break stay, with a safe, air con and a mini bar in the room. The safe is free to use but there is a small charge for the items in the mini bar, which aren't expensive at all. Probably cheaper than buying it near the Eiffel Tower.

We would definitely return to this hotel when we go back to Paris!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Although you may think this a basic hotel, what more do you need on a short break?
We had a room at the front of the hotel that was spotless and the water in the bathroom was piping hot. Clean towels every day without fail. O.k so you didn't have tea making facilities but all you had to do was go down to the reception area where they had a coffee maker.
Breakfast was plentiful and well presented. The staff were all helpful and very pleasant. I would recommend this hotel for a short trip (we stayed for four days). There are a plethora of cafes to go to, patisseries and small shops. Transport is not an issue, in fact the railway is directly outside the hotel (the trains aren't that noisy as the wheels are all shielded with rubber tyres) taxis are just a few yards along the road and you can walk to the Eiffel Tower in 15 minutes.
If you want to take in the sites I do suggest the Big Red Bus and if you get your tickets on line it works out cheaper.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for several days in January. We were greeted by Rosalie, who in my estimation is the only member of the front desk staff who really should be in this position. She took good care of us and put us in room 604, in the front of the hotel with a good view. The room was spacious and clean, and we slept very well. Others have commented on noise from the metro, but we could barely hear it. We had very uneven service from the front desk staff, several of whom were so aloof that they might as well have not been there. But Rosalie got things done. We had an issue with our room beginning Thursday night--the sink drain was apparently almost disconnected, so most of the sink water went on the floor. We solved this with a few towels and notified the front desk. To make a long story short, the plumber showed up on Monday. In the meantime, one of the front desk staff suggested that we wash our hands and brush our teeth in the shower. When I declined, she gave me a bucket (which actually worked well). They offered to let us change rooms the next day, but we had learned to accommodate the sink and didn't want the effort involved in packing up and changing rooms. For the price and the service, I probably would not stay there again. But there are several good restaurants nearby and it's close to several interesting attractions. Les Coteaux and Le Camelia's Club are great for lunch, Aubrac is fantastic for supper.

Room Tip: As others have said, rooms in the front on the top two floors are nice, quiet, with good views. They...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Moi, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Fantastic service and nice rooms. Perfect hotel for couples. (and maybe small families) There was a free computer and printer in the reception, nice because i needed to print out some tickets for "Notre Dame" :)

Room Tip: 6 and 7 floor. Nice balcony (small though, but balcony)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Baldi? Share your experiences!