“Smart hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chambiges Elysees Hotel

Save Saved
You added Chambiges Elysees Hotel to your Saves list
Chambiges Elysees Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 rue Chambiges | 8th Arr., 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Élysées)   |
Ranked #48 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
“Smart hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very smart and we found the staff we met to be very helpful. The breakfast room is small but perfectly functional and the continental breakfast was plentiful, with enough variety for our three days. our room was situated on the 1st floor at the back of the hotel. Had we not seen other guests at breakfast we could have been alone as the hotel is that peaceful and that was during the Tour de France!

In a very good location to explore paris on foot, easy access to several metro stations. Plenty of bars / restaurants in surrounding streets that appeared to cater for all tastes and budgets. If you are looking to eat well but on a budget simply venture away from away from the hotel and the champs élysées.

If we are lucky enough to visit paris again and had the budget we would not hesitate to say here as we liked the decor, atmosphere and above all location!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in a suite while in Paris for a pleasure trip. I reviewed many hotels of 4 and 5 star ratings. I chose this one because of location, price, and prior reviews. It was the absolute best decision I could have made. The room was much larger than expected, and the bathroom was wonderful. The continental breakfast was delivered to our room on time each morning, and more than we could eat! But the staff was the best of all! Each person would go out of their way to help and assist us with anything we needed. Clelia, the day manager, was the absolute best! I had asked her to ship a piece of luggage home for me, and it arrived at my home before I did! The location was perfect. We could walk to almost any place and walk out the door and start shopping!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed for two nights, and enjoyed our stay. Perfect location in a peaceful street close to local tourist attractions and good restaurants with lovely views. Try George V for good service and a light lunch, or even just a drink. We were provided with a local map upon check in which was great to use when finding our way around. Very comfortable bed and nice to have a minibar to either store some of your own purchases or grab a cold drink. Having a separate loo was a plus. Breakfast was adequate. Be aware that if you order a taxi there may me a ten euro waiting charge! An attraction further afield but worth a visit is the Palace of Versailles.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

So I only gave this hotel an average rating. I was on the fence between rating it a 3 or 4, and decided to go with a 3 only because the ratings are so ridiculously positive (which is the reason I chose it in the first place). Now look - the hotel was perfectly reasonable, in a very nice location in Paris. And I've never been to Paris before. So maybe part of the problem is I don't know what Paris has to offer, and perhaps this place is amazing given the price compared to the alternatives. If I make it back to Paris, I would consider staying here again, though I would also look at alternatives. The rooms were ok, the people were ok, the breakfast was ok (other reviews get it spot on: small space, but you can generally find a table, and the food is ok), the location was very good, I think my problem is a combination of 2 things: 1) the tripadvisor ratings are so ridiculously positive that my expectations were too high and 2) room accommodations in Paris are either not great or ludicrously expensive (see Plaza Athenee which this is on the same block as this).

But this place still wasn't cheap, and so I guess I was not thoroughly impressed with the entire package. Like I said, I would think about returning, but not positive I would. The place is absolutely ok, and in a great location, but for the most part that seems to be what you are paying for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is Perfectly situated for sightseeing and in an upper class area, the buildings give that real Parisian feel. The rooms are quaint and beautifully decorated. The service was above excellent. The rooms were quiet - never heard any other guests, and although the breakfast room is small, we always found a seat. I loved my stay at Chambiges, would highly recommend it to others, and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at Chambiges. Location is just excellent, cannot get any better for the price, walking distance to the Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, and Arc de Triomphe. Picture postcard streets all around and a good amount of restaurants, coffee shops etc...although finding cheap eats in this area is a challenge. There is a Carrefour city just 3 minutes away if you want to buy water, fruits etc. Breakfast and wifi was included in our rate. Rooms were quite spacious compared to another hotel we stayed in Paris. Front desk staff were extremely nice and helpful.

Room we stayed in had a mini-fridge, closest space etc was good and we had two windows with mini-balconies looking into the street. The street did get loud in the night, I think garbage collecting etc. But one gets used to it after the first night...and I am a light sleeper, my spouse had no issues falling asleep. Rooms also had AC and could be controlled, which was nice.

One main issue we had though was that the toilet. The washroom and bathroom were separate, bathroom separated from bedroom by a sliding door, which was fine. The bathroom (toilet) on the other hand, was a room with three walls and a door and really poor ventilation. After the first day or so, there was a strong urine smell, we complained, and the front office sent a cleaning guy immediately, who just left a air freshener...subsequent days it smelt the same, either the cleaning staff did not clean properly or there was some other issue. We didn't get to complain after the first time as we were busy and never had the time to resolve it. In my books, that puts the hotel down to a 3 star and not a 4 star.

Having said all that, it was a great stay. Oh, one more minor 'issue' if you may, breakfast is nice -although expect the same spread daily...which after 2 started to get boring for me.

We will stay here again for sure if we can get the special rates again.

Room Tip: Higher floors should help with street noises.