“Best wine store, filled with treasures” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lavinia

Lavinia
3/5, boulevard de la Madeleine, Paris, France (Louvre / Palais-Royal)
011-33-1-42-97-20-20
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 478 Shopping in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
20 attraction reviews
“Best wine store, filled with treasures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Wine shops across Paris had referred us to Lavinia to find unusual wines that we sought. We were blown away by the selection, professionalism, and knowledge. I found a wine I have been searching for for a year (working with the US importer and even traveling to the Loire to find it). It was here. We were able to buy a bottle wrapped to take home and we took a bottle to their restaurant where staff decanted it and served it with food we ordered. It was one of the finest moments of our trip. We will be ordering wine from them to ship to the US in the fall when the weather is cooler. Amazing store.

Visited May 2013

philadelphia, pa
“The finest, period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Lavinia is without comparison. It is regaled as the greatest in Europe and by some as the top wine store in the world. It is amazing. Leaving for Paris Tuesday and will spend an afternoon there....again.

San Francisco, California
“French Wine? Like a kid in a candy store!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

After several weeks of touring and tasting French wine in the Burgundy, Bordeaux and Champagne areas of France, I knew I had to send French wine home. As I learned there are not many wine shops in Paris that can legally export wine to the US for the average vacationer. After some online research and with the assistance of the concierge at our Paris hotel, Lavinia wine store was identified as one of the few in Paris that could legally ship wine to the US. What a surprise when I entered the store... it was the same as having each of the three wine regions mentioned above at my fingertips. In addition the rest of the French wine regions were also represented, along with other parts of the world. There were two large floors of wine from all over the world. Prices ranged from your everyday table wines to the one wine for that special occasion. What impressed me that most was the amount of Grand Cru class wines on the shelf. It was like being a kid in a candy store... one Grand Cru after another Grand Cru. At the end of my visit I sent home a case of all French wines, which I consider the standard for wines. I still feel excited about my experience in Lavinia, for me this was my Disneyland trip for the year.

Visited September 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Very cool wine shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

On our last day in Paris we wanted to find a place to find some wine to bring back home. We stumbled upon Lavinia. After the friendly staff helped us buy our "cards" we headed downstairs (wear the cheaper wine is) to test some wine. I don't remember the gentleman's name, but I really wish I could, He was so helpful and informative. Our group of about 7 people had many questions and he did a commendable job answering our questions and tolerating our novice questions. We ended up staying there for almost 2 hours. What a great experience. If you want the gentleman's name, ask them who was working downstairs in the afternoon of August 6th. He'll remember our group I'm sure. :)

Visited August 2012
London, UK
6 attraction reviews
“Please lock me in here and don't let me out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

It is surprisingly hard to find a wine shop in Paris is well stocked with a great selection of wines from around the world and with a wide price range. My favorite wine store in Paris is Le Derniere Goutte, but if you want to find what you are looking for (and what you never thought you wanted) then Lavinia is your Holy Grail. The restaurant upstairs has superb selection of Armagnacs on display.The basement is a playground for wine lovers, particularly the cellar. I hyperventilated by being surrounded by so many fine wines.

Visited May 2012