“A Warm Welcome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Londres Eiffel

Save Saved
You added Hotel de Londres Eiffel to your Saves list
Hotel de Londres Eiffel
1 Rue Augereau, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Offers & Announcements
€135 (EUR)
Ranked #29 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Los Angeles, California
“A Warm Welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I recently traveled here because show had a film premiere to attend in London and we thought we would expand our trip to Paris. Why not…right?!? In general we were happy here. I am the planner of the two of us and I am neurotic when it comes to research and where we stay, especially since I have grown up in the hospitality industry. Between it's location, Rick Steve's approval (i'm a groupie) and the greg pricing I was sold.
I would rather end on a positive than a negative because the fact of the matter is we enjoyed our stay here. Upon check-in everything was clean and on point and the staff was sooo incredibly warm and welcoming. you can tell this is a family run type of business because everyone was so very nice. My issue was that after reading all the tripadvisor reviews it was suggested to get a HIGHER floor AWAY from the street. I am VERY sensitive to sound so i put that in the request weeks in advance. Upon arrival we we put in a room on the FIRST floor, facing a street by the elevator. Basically everything opposite of what i asked for. We stayed that night in that room because either I was so tired I didn't care or my wife didn't want me to "make a scene" lol. I will say aside from the awful noise that essentially led to the worst sleep of 2013 for me the room was nice. So the next day I told them between the noise of traffic, vacuuming and banging Im gonna need my original request to be granted. They were more than willing to accommodate and put is in a wonderful room towards the back. That second night was flawless and generally speaking the room was just way better. Quiet and bigger.
In conclusion we were very happy here. Location is perfection, staff is great, price is on point and rooms are comfy…if you get the right one. I would recommend to family, so that says something. Just be specific and put your foot down ;)

Room Tip: If you are sound sensitive make sure your room is not facing ANY street. If you are not sound sensit...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

899 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at Londres Eiffel for 8 nights in room #64 (tour eiffel view). Overall we were happy with our stay so I will just point out some takeaways. The hotel is in a great location with cafes, restaurants, taxis, atm's, pharmacy's, supermarkets etc all within a 2 block radius. The room we had was very small and while we expected small this was very cosy. You had to turn sideways to walk between the bed and desk it's that tight. The bed was pretty comfortable although it's a little short for tall people to fully stretch out.The shower in our room was also so small that you couldn't bend down without banging your elbows or head. The water pressure was really good and they had a "rain" shower head which was nice. I noticed on the floor plans that some other rooms appeared to have bigger bathrooms so maybe it was just us. The closet was also small and short so your clothes may not hang straight without hitting the bottom. The hair dryer provided is not really meant for hair styling so ladies I would suggest you bring your own (with an adapter and converter). The hotel provides a map with their name and address which is really helpful because taxi drivers aren't familiar with the hotel or street. Keep this map with you always and have the address written down for the taxi ride from the airport to the hotel! From our window we could see 2/3's of the Tour Eiffel which was very nice especially when it was lit up and twinkling. That never gets old! The staff is very friendly and helpful. You leave your key with them each time you leave the hotel. I'm not sure the reason for it but it didn't bother us. We were provided with champagne in our room the first night which was very nice. Given the busy location do expect to hear street noise and you can also hear hallway noise as well. The elevator is VERY small so if you are claustrophobic then you will be using the stairs. There is wifi in the rooms which may be finicky at first so definitely ask for help if you need it. A couple things that I think would be nice additions would be to have an alarm clock in the room and bottled water in the mini fridge. Overall we were happy with our stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at Hotel de Londres Eiffel 5 times. (Cedric at the desk knew how many times we had been there!) This hotel is in a terrific location near wonderful restaurants and shopping. The guys at the desk are helpful and welcoming. The rooms are small but comfortable and the bathrooms are great! This summer my sister-in-law and husband had a view of the Eiffel Tower! We will go back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kraków, Polska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Unless You choose the best quality rooms of the top floor You might be little disappointed by this hotel. I took the room for 120 Eur, what is really the bargain price in that area of Paris. It was pretty small room at the second floor with comfortable bed occupying 2/3 of the room, small wardrobe hidden in the wall and surprisingly big bathroom with shower.
First glance at the room might put You in to the frustration but if You have been in other Paris small and cheap hotels You will quickly accept dark tapestries and claustrophobic rooms. So overall mark for the room was rather in plus. It was clean and warm as well.
But I hoped to sleep well and it appeared impossible! The pump, or whatever close to the room was permanently sounded like someone was hovering in neighbouring room. First night was half sleepless for the second I've got the earplugs and it went smooth than.
I have no doubt that when You are placed in the top floor with a view of Eiffel tower this hotel might be perfect - but than You will pay 250 per night. If You want spent affordable amount of money be prepared for noisy, dark room with view on backyard.
No idea of breakfasts as I preferred to go to the brasserie for the same price (10Eur).

Room Tip: Don't take the room 25 if You want to sleep peacefully - generally don't take cheap rooms at...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
londreseiffel, Gérant at Hotel de Londres Eiffel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, we are very sorry you did not appreciated our home, this really touched us as we put all of our heart and effort to satisfy all of our dear guest.
We would like to point out the fact that we are located in an historic part of Paris, it is true that the buildings in the 19th century were not large and the size of our rooms are well indicated in our website. You booked a single room, which are smaller than our double rooms, but we chose to also equipped this room with a very high-quality queen size bed for a really comfortable night, which is the most important in an hotel.
All of our rooms are delicately decorated for a very cosy and charming feel, the high-end fabrics on the wall are typically french and all the furniture have been chosen specifically for each room. We are sorry you did not appreciated the French style and elegance of our sophisticated rooms.
Also, we are surprised by the noise you mentioned as we went to check in your room and could not hear it, if anything was wrong we would have fix it immediately. For information, the rooms on the back overlook a typical french courtyard and are very requested are they are the most quiet rooms.

With best regards,
isabelle prigent
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I returned last week from a lovely stay at this small hotel. Very quiet location with wonderful
dining options nearby.
My room was typically small, but efficient and well decorated. Bathroom was surprisingly large and completely redecorated.
Most impressed with the location. I walked everywhere. A short jaunt to the Seine and museums. Even walked to Galleries Lafayette and St. Germain.
The yellow 'On & Off' bus is a great orientation, with the option to stop at any of the sites.
The staff are the stars here. Most helpful and patient. Arnaud hel;ed me with printing my boarding passes. The staff also arranged for me to be picked up at the airport. At the end of my stay, they arranged for the airport shuttle to take me to CDG.
I will definitely stay here again while visiting Paris.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful view of the tower, great location for some seriously good food( FL and Cafe Constant) and lovely staff. Marked down because the extremely polite and helpful (?!) guy on the front desk told us the wrong time for breakfast ( for which the manager gave us a bottle of champagne, THANK YOU!), didn't know the restaurant we wanted to go too was next door and managed to lock us out of our room by only booking us in for one night.
But seriously, book here, pricey but lovely warm atmosphere.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
londreseiffel, Responsable relations clients at Hotel de Londres Eiffel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Sir
Many thanks for your nice comment about our hotel.
We are glad you enjoyed our rooms with the view on the Eiffel Tower, which is really unique in Paris.
Know that we have decorated every single room separately with a unique decor like a parisian house : that's the atmosphere we wish to create so we are delighted you felt it.
We are really sorry for the bad experience you had with the night person, but if this can be forgiven it was his first night and that's true he had a lack of knowledge, we told him and he really feels sorry. We hope the champagne helped you to forget it !
We are always sincerely eager to help our guests, to make their stay in our home and city unforgettable! This is how we see our job and we do it fully with our heart.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back.
Very kind regards,
Cédric and Arnaud
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife & I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a lovely view of the top of the Eiffel Tower. The room itself was small, but clean and well-decorated, also had plenty of closet space. The shower was VERY small, a larger person might have a tough time with it. However, we had a different room the first night where the shower was much larger. We were upgraded to the higher floor room when it became available the next day.

The staff was very friendly and spoke English. They sat us down the first day and walked us through a Paris map, helping with what to see and how to get there. The location is excellent, very short walk to the Eiffel Tower, several shops & cafes within a couple blocks, short walk to bus and metro/RER stops. They also had excellent prices compared to other hotels I found in the area. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
londreseiffel, Responsable commercial at Hotel de Londres Eiffel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Sir and Madam,
Good morning from De Londres Eiffel Hotel.
Thank you very much for your very kind message.
This is a very great happiness for us that you spent a wonderful stay at our hotel, and that you appreciated your room with a view to the top of Eiffel Tower.
In compensation to the quiet small size of our rooms, you loved their beautiful renovated design decoration and their cleanliness, in addition to the perfect geographic localization near Eiffel Tower and all the main facilities all around, our staff kindness and helpfulness.
In spite of the localization, we want to give our guests reasonable rates.
We will be very glad to welcome you again at our house, when you come back to Paris.
With warmest regards,
Cédric Arnaud

Been to Hotel de Londres Eiffel? Share your experiences!