“Second visit, just as good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Londres Eiffel

You added Hotel de Londres Eiffel to your Saves list
Hotel de Londres Eiffel
1 Rue Augereau | 1 Rue Augereau, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Special Rate
€135 (EUR)
Ranked #33 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Wellington
“Second visit, just as good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was at the hotel in April 2012, and found the location and price, and service excellent. This April 2013 I visited Paris with my daughter for a week. The room again was faultless, and they organized a twin room with no fuss. The staff were friendly and helpful, and had great recommendations for restaurants. Although with Rue Cler so close you are spoiled for choice when it comes to food! 5 minutes to the Eiffel Tower, 10 minutes by bus to the Louvre, or 20 minutes walk (which is more fun interesting), the hotel is in a great location for tourists.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cabo San Lucas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 10 nights this past month. While small, the rooms are neat, clean, comfortable, and stylish. Very quiet; slept very weel every night. The staff was always helpful, and the included daily breakfast was a highlight of each day we were in Paris. We were just a few blocks from the Eiffel Tower, Rue Cler, and a 15 minute walk to the Ecole Militaire Metro station. Excellent cafes and restaurants abound within a block or two. Highly recommended.

Steve H.

Room Tip: If you desire a room with a view, be sure to specify this when making your reservation.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We just returned from a trip to Paris and just loved this hotel! The location of the hotel couldn't be better, the staff is absolutely wonderful and go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. The room was very clean and nice. We stayed on the 6th floor and had a view of the Eiffel Tower - best night light ever!! Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 6th floor if you want a spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My daughter moved to Grenoble, France two years ago and my wife and I planned a visit in April 2013 to meet my granddaughter, While there we decided to stay three days in Paris. I had no idea where anything was in Paris, never having been there, much less any idea where to stay. I used TripAdvisor and found the Hotel de Londres Eiffel, took a chance and booked it primarily for it's location and proximity to the Eiffel Tower.

Paris is a very large city and the traffic, numbers of people and foreign language proved somewhat intimidating initially after arrival by train. When we arrived at the hotel I was taken back by the friendliness and genuine graciousness of Cedric. He had prepared a personalized package prior to our arrival with maps and brochures to help us during our stay.

We were directed to a room that can only be described as charming. It was nicely decorated and every inch of space was used to the maximum efficiency. The bathroom was fresh, tiled and modern despite the very old building the hotel is housed in. (The information there said it was original constructed to house workers erecting the Eiffel Tower). The bathroom had accessories like soaps and tissues personalized for the hotel and you could tell that during renovations - they hadn't skimped on quality of the new product as it was installed. The bed was as comfortable as some "Heavenly Beds" advertised in the big chains. There was a new Samsung TV (no English channels) and an in-room safe for your valuables. (There were cautionary signs everywhere in Paris about pickpockets - so use the safe and carry the minimum).

The great thing about this hotel is the location. It is on a quiet side street near a food store, tourist stores, restaurants, bars and the Eiffel Tower. Bus tours all pass near the Eiffel Tower, so they are accessible too.

We had breakfast in the hotel each morning - there was a good selection of traditional French breakfast food but beware - it is not included in your room rate - you will pay extra. The breakfast area is quite busy until after about 8:45.

On our last day the shuttle service picking us up for the airport was late. Cedric sensed our concern and went the extra mile by calling the shuttle service for us and helping us with our luggage when it finally arrived. While waiting I used the restroom in the lobby. Why am I telling you this? Because it too spoke volumes about the hotel. The quality of the fixtures, lighting, accessories, tiling, layout - everything has been thoughtfully designed and executed well. This place supplemented our visit by being a friendly home base from which to explore a beautiful city.

We would definitely stay here again and my wife tells me I am one of the most negative people you can meet, but not this time. I have nothing but good to say. A week after we got home - I received an email from Cedric hoping I had a safe journey home and saying that I would be welcome back at his place any day. In the days of large hotel chains where there are standards established by price and marketing considerations, it is refreshing to know a place like the Hotel de Londres Eiffel Paris still exists. I highly recommend you consider staying there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Naples, Campania, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The location of the hotel was perfect. We traveled to Paris in December, right before Christmas, so we were able to experience the full cold and rainy winter season. The hotel was great for suggestions on what to do, breakfast was good (didn't change from day-to-day), staff were very friendly. It would have been good to know ahead of time that renovations and new construction was being done because the nights and early mornings were noisy, making it difficult to sleep especially for our one year old.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights, it wasn't long enough. I was travelling solo so booked the single room, it was very comfortable and clean. I can only think of one thing that bugged me a bit, the room was close to the staircase, being wooden stairs, I could hear everyone going up and down, luckily though it didn't wake me up.

The location was excellent, you can walk around the corner and you have the Eiffel Tower. Loads of cafe's, shops and transport was good too.

I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here based on a recommendation from a friend but the reviews were also great and it lived up to it. It is only a few blocks away from the Eiffel Tower and a 10 (or a little less) minute walk to the metro. I had a single room which was small but exactly what I was expecting for Paris. It was clean and charmingly decorated. I paid in advanced on the website and got a great rate for the room. My room faced a charming courtyard on the backside of the building. The front desk manager was extremely friendly and spoke English well. They were very helpful in giving directions or whatever you needed. He remembered who I was and what room I was staying in. There is free WiFi which is always nice when traveling abroad. The buffet breakfast was delicious and while the staff member who ran it did not speak English she was so sweet and did her best to communicate to bring your hot drink.

Now for the negatives, the rooms are not soundproof and on a few occasions (despite only being there for one night), I could hear the couple next-door enjoying themselves a little too much (I think you understand what I mean). While the breakfast was convent and delicious, I think it was a little overpriced at 14 euros. It was just cereal, yogurt, bread, pastries, cheese, and meats. I had a 3 course gourmet meal the night before for 33 euros. I was on a strict time schedule so having breakfast at the hotel was the best option for me but for those who have more time to have a leisurely breakfast, going to a cafe or bakery would be a cheaper option.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again. This was a great hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel de Londres Eiffel? Share your experiences!