“Lovely hotel and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

91 Rue de l'Ouest | 14 Arr., 75014 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #84 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Lovely hotel and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in may. Very nicely decorated hotel. Rooms quite small but have everything you need as well as new shower facility. Shower lovely and water power great! New soft towels every day. Nice lounge area in reception to sit. Lovely baguette and cake shops around the corner and the market and cemetery are worth visiting. Really good value compared to hotels closer to attractions. It's nice to take the metro to get to the attractions as you really get to experience the Parisian life. Front of house staff always happy to see you.

• Stayed May 2012
HOTEL A, Responsable réception at Hotel Apollon Montparnasse, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Good evening from Apollon Montparnasse Hotel, dear guests.
That was very kind from you to send this message, and we are very thankful to you for it.
Your message has been very encouraging for us, because we managed to satisfy you expectations at every level: our staff hospitality, our rooms cleanliness, comfort and coziness, in spite of their size, and the very pleasant neighborhood of Pernety, looking like a village without the touristic crowd you can see elsewhere in Paris.
See you next time, when you come back and visit us.
Emmanuel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I booked 2 nights at the Hotel Apollon in late September at the end of a month-long trip across Europe. I was looking forward to exploring this section of Paris, one that I was not familiar with from previous visits, and the price was right. Upon arrival, I was greeted warmly by the enthusiastic receptionist, who continued to greet me by name during my entire stay. When I expressed a desire to explore the area on foot, he gave several very useful tips for neighborhood walks, local sights, and restaurants. This wonderful service continued throughout my stay.

My single room was charming, clean, and comfortable. I was on the 4th floor in a corner room overlooking the street below. The tiny space was more than compensated for by the two large windows, one with a Juliet balcony that looked across the rooftops. It was glorious fall weather, so I had no need for the air conditioner or heat, but the cross-breeze was marvelous. My bathroom was brand-newly remodeled, and the new tile and modern shower absolutely sparkled. The bed was very comfortable, wifi and tv worked well, and the fridge was useful for storing snacks and drinks. Fortunately, I had quiet neighbors, but could hear their voices through the walls. Street noise was minimal.

I found this part of Paris quite charming, and enjoyed perusing the shops and cafes along Rue Raymond Losserand and Rue de la Gaîté. The enchanting ancient cobblestoned Rue des Thermopyles was also a highlight. Being a bit removed from the main tourist sights of Paris was a plus for me on this trip, yet a quick metro ride takes one right into the heart of the city. The metro stop Pernety is just meters from the hotel.

Tip: When going into the city, try to avoid changing metros at hectic Montparnasse. Instead, ride up to Invalides to make connections.

Room Tip: I loved my single corner room on the 4th floor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Rooms are confortable and clean. Staff is kind, competent, spoke good english and didn't mind speaking it, wich is the best part (and rare) in Paris. Location is good. It is quiet at night and it is right in front of a subway station. As I paid less than EUR 150 I think it is a good cost/benefit for Paris standards.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We just returned to the U.S. after spending a week in Paris, France. We chose the Apollon Montparnasse Hotel because of its rating on TripAdvisor.com. The hotel is situated less than a mile from Gare Montparnasse, one of many large train stations in Paris. The hotel is on a quiet side street with little foot traffic and tourist activity. The staff kept the room clean every night and except for one night, gave us fresh towels. We never ate the breakfast, but instead grabbed some OJ and pastries from one of the many small grocery stores or boulingeries in the neighborhood. Emmanuel greeted us the first day and took care of our luggage until our room was ready. He sat us down with another guest and showed us some great local places to visit on the free map the hotel provided. He even gave us free orange juice which was a nice touch. He provided us with ideas for lunch, told us where the metro was and advised us on cost-saving fare options. He was very nice. Our only criticism was that the "lift" was very small and when we initially arrived to our room, had to make three separate trips to accommodate my wife and our three pieces of luggage. The Pernety Metro station is only a block away, as well as at least three small groceries nearby. Get your daily water at the markets, only about .37 euro for a 1.5 liter bottle. There is also a fantastic shopping area that we discovered on our last day in Montparnasse; the Mon Prix or Mono Prix was a terrific shopping center with prepared foods, a terrific assortment of cheeses and wine, and pretty much anything you desire. It also had top-notch pastries. One of the best boulangeries was less than two blocks down on du L'ouest going toward the train station. I'd recommend traveling no later than September 18th, our week was pretty cold at night and because of that, we had to dress in layers which weighed us down.

Room Tip: Even though there are only five floors, I wish we were on a lower level, because there is only one l...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Moss
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

On my 4 days business trip to Paris I stayed in this nice, clean and cosy hotel. Realy friendly and helpful people (even if I dont speak a single word of French!).
They were just about finishing with the renovation of the front desk area and hallway, wich look very good. The bed was good, bathrom a little smal, but everything was new and in excelent condition (compared to many other (more expensive) hotels). Air condition / temperatur regulation/ventilation was excelent. Breakfast was good and the kichen people were very responsive. I enjoied my stay, and for that prise I will return if possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HOTEL A, Responsable réception at Hotel Apollon Montparnasse, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Good afternoon from Apollon Montparnasse Hotel, dear guest.
It was so kind from you to send us this message, and we thank you very much for it.
We are very glad to learn that all our team gave you full satisfaction at every level (quality of the room, the breakfast, the reception service). In spite of their size, typical from Paris, we have renovated our rooms in order to improve our guests' comfort and to satisfy all their expectations.
We wish to welcome you again at our hotel, when you come back to Paris, and to give you the same satisfaction anytime you will stay among us.
Very kind regards,
Fremont, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My sister and I checked in to this hotel for a few days while staying in Paris and we loved it. It was very near the subway station and the rooms were very clean (although small but you can expect that from most Paris rooms) and new. It was sufficient for what we needed - a good place to sleep after exploring the city. The breakfast was nothing extraordinary but it was good enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Good afternoon from Apollon Montparnasse, Sir or Madam.
Thank you very much for your very kind message. We are very glad to learn that you have appreciated so much the last renovation of our hotel. Renovation has been very important for us in order to improve our guests' comfort and to satisfy all their expectations.
"Cleanliness", "Comfort", "Hospitality" are our main targets.
We wish to welcome you again at our hotel anytime you will come back to Paris.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed four nights. It was a great location (close to the Metro, within a residential area with grocery stores and cafes), with clean (but small) rooms, and a professional staff. The staff was courteous, accommodating, very helpful with maps and tips to get around Paris. They were close to completing renovation and compensated us with free coffee (excellent coffee!). If this was to be my first impression of Paris - it was totally opposite from what I had expected. A very pleasant stay. Pricing appropriate for a "big-city-hotel". I would consider it again if I was to return to Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hi from Apollon Montparnasse, Sir or Madam.
Thank you very much for the kindness of your message. We learnt with pleasure that you had appreciated so much the renovation of our hotel and the neighborhood where we are. Moreover, we had managed to satisfy all our expectations by the quality of our services. "Hospitality", "professionalism", "quality", "comfort", "cleanliness" are words that always play our guests' attention.
We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel for your next visit to Paris.
Emmanuel

Been to Hotel Apollon Montparnasse? Share your experiences!