“A lovely little hotel in the heart of Paris” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel International

You added Hotel International to your Saves list
Hotel International
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Auguste-Barbier | 11 Arr., 75011 Paris, France (Canal Saint-Martin)   |
Ranked #865 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A lovely little hotel in the heart of Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel was a lovely little place in the heart of Paris.

I wasn't expecting much at all at this price in Paris, but was very impressed.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the room was very small but perfectly clean and nice. For my purposes (a conference in town) it was perfect. If I was with my fiancé then it would have been rather cramped.

My only criticism was that the walls are like paper and there was a fair bit of noise from connected rooms, but it didn't really disturb me.

I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
HotInternational, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel International, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We really want to thank you for your review on trip advisor and we hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again in our hotel.

All the team of Hotel International thank you once again for your pleasant comment and sincerely hope to see you again.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Natal, RN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The only good thing is the location: two blocks of the Metro Station, and the cleaning. The neighborhood is residential, reason why there is few restaurants or bakeries around. The room is small, the bathroom worst. I got a triple room, which a half was cold (because the window) and the other hot. The elevator is small, but the staff is very attentive.

Room Tip: Try to see the size, before choose.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your comment which will surely help us to improve the quality of our services.

We are very sorry that your stay in our hotel did not meet your expectations and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

The team of Hotel International thank you once again

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were in Europe for our summer vacation, visited ten countries and stayed at dozens of hotels. This was far and away the worst one. To start our room flooded every time we used the shower because the shower curtain was too short. The bed and sheets were dirty and did not get changed during our stay. There is no AC and if you open your window it will face a residential building where people like to come out to smoke and chat on their balcony into the wee hours (not kidding like until 2-3am, each night we were there). The location is quite far from the center of Paris and all the attractions. The breakfast was awful (and this is before the kicker!), when I asked for milk for my cereal because the pitcher was empty I was informed they didn't have any more! THE KICKER: The terrible breakfast that was supposed to be free with my booking turns out to cost 9 euro per person, a fact that they do not disclose to you until you go to check out and they ask for your credit card!! If they do this to you refuse to sign the receipt or even give them your credit card and dispute any charges once you get home like I did. This place is a crap hotel full of scam artists. Avoid at all costs!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotInternational, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel International, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Sir,

We still confirm to you that breakfast was not included in your booking, that was why we asked you to pay and you can verify this yourself because it is written on your booking voucher.

We are sure there was a misunderstanding regarding the milk but we also apologize for this but we could not give you breakfast for free since it was not included in your booking and you complained only for the last breakfast despite the fact you have been taking it for days.

We thank you in advance for your understanding

The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Friendly staff, small but comfortable room, especially for Paris standards!!! Walls were a little thin, thus we could hear the neighbors, but that is also something typical about Paris.
The fact that there was a lift present was a great help!!!
Shower leaked, but we were allowed extra towels to catch up the water with no problem at all.
The only annoying thing is that you have to hand in the room key when leaving, thus creating a true hostel feeling instead of a hotel feeling. That also left the feeling of feeling less secure about the belongings in the rooms!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Your comment contribute to the improvement of the quality of our service and concerning the key, we ask our guest to leave the key so they don't lose it outside the hotel because we can't provide an extra key urgently so this is done to avoid unpleasant situation.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I booked this hotel for a three night stay. When I arrived, the front desk was unable to find my reservation. After about 15 minutes of going back and forth and blaming me, he finally found the reservation but stated that it was cancelled due to an issue with my credit card. This was untrue as my credit card was needed to book the reservation, which was successfully done. Little did I know they had already put through a temporary charge, evidence that my reservation went through ( I didn't know about the charge until days later when I checked my credit card). He claimed they were already boomerang offered to put me into their sister hotel at a higher price than what we booked for! We didnt think this sas fair so we left and had to wander the streets at 11 in the evening looking for a place to stay. I don't recommend this hotel needless to say.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Sir,

We are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant situation you found arriving in our hotel and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

We never charged your card because we didn't receive your booking. So if your card was charged please see that with the booking website.

Our proposal to send you to our sister hotel was the only solution we had to help but we understand you were displeased.

Thanks for your comprehension

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Came here with my sister for a 4 night stay in Paris. We were pleased with how clean it was and comfortable too. The shower hose wasnt connected to the wall but it didnt bother us too much only awkward when having to wash our hair. Ive got to say it wasnt the warmest of welcomes by the lady there, especially since she was probably the first interaction we had when getting to Paris but the rest of the staff seemed okay. The location is great, about a half hour walk to the Notre Dame but if you prefer the underground thats only around the corner. We felt like we were in a more bohemian area of Paris which suited us great. Lots of vintage shops and trendy bars. We did however get woken up every now and then by the room next door, could literally here them going to the loo as if they were in the same room and opening and shutting the door so clearly. Thank God we didnt have a smitten with each other couple next door!! At one point my sister got freaked out that someone had come in to our room the sound of the door was that clear!

So overall it served its purpose and was comfortable enough but not good enough for 5 stars due to small issues with staff, noise and the cleaner not placing things back how she got them which led to my sister leaving her camera charger pushed to the back of the bedside cuboard even though thats not where she'd left it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a comment on Trip Advisor and this will definitely help us to improve the quality of the services offered in our hotel.

We hope to have another opportunity to give the warmest welcome you expected

The team of Hotel International thank you once again

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I had a rather good price I think for a hotel in the center of Paris (around 50 euros), the room was clean and beautiful, a cute view "à la parisienne", where you could see an internal garden. I was staying on the last floor great view. Clean bathroom and bedroom, and also comfortable bed. Really nice staff at the reception. And lots of choice for the breakfast, a bit pricey tho! (9 euros)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel International? Share your experiences!